+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
Hi can someone tell me why happens after getting temporary application number? How long it takes to get permanent application number . Thank you

carling

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
Hello all. My parents application submitted in early November last year. We have not heard back since then. Is it normal?
Yes, very normal. Many people are waiting....

Wish IRCC used better system of picking and completing the file and not random like this!

Reactions: Chu2017

Jasmeet0101

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Hello,

Is it normal to get the Medical request, and then PCC request before the approval letter? Or not everyone gets the approval letter?

faroquex

Star Member
May 18, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
Nomination.....
9-8-2013
AOR Received.
3-09-2013
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
17-12-2014

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
it all depends on the type of jobs that your father had in the Government as an example in the Army :
First Lieutenant · Captain · Major · Lieutenant Colonel ...
or in a company :
  • Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
  • Other C-level titles, such as: Chief Operating Officer (COO) ...
  • President.
  • Executive Vice President.
  • Senior Vice President.
  • Vice President.
  • Assistant Vice President.
  • Associate Vice President.
My parents were just employees. There are 100 ranks above them

rhea2722

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Hi

We received request for PCC in May for my parents. Since GC key/ IRCC portal didn't show any option to upload documents, hence we sent the PCC documents through email and also the webform. By when do we see an update in the IRCC portal confirming that the PCC have been received and processed?

Also, I haven't yet received my sponsor approval letter. How long does it take to receive this?

Reactions: kuldip25

AradhanaDakua

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Does anyone know when the parents enter Canada as Permanent Resident do they need to declare their assets, financials etc? What all they can declare?

YashviS

Jan 6, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-08-2016
File Transfer...
08-08-2016
Med's Done....
02-08-2016
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Finally, I am looking at some movement in here. Today with F11 trick I found out the most of my documents are uploaded as I can see the documents name and upload status as complete & it says this "caseStatusId":10,"lobId":20,"phaseId":1

I can see this line- "documentApproved":true,"isComplete":null. I am assuming this means the documents are uploaded but not verified ( I am not sure though) also in the same document I see "gcmsUploadStatus":true,"gcmsResponse":null" (Idk what that means).

Happy to see some movement here after very long silence. I want to know if someone is familiar with this then can please let me know what to expect next.

TIA

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Hi

We received request for PCC in May for my parents. Since GC key/ IRCC portal didn't show any option to upload documents, hence we sent the PCC documents through email and also the webform. By when do we see an update in the IRCC portal confirming that the PCC have been received and processed?

Also, I haven't yet received my sponsor approval letter. How long does it take to receive this?
1. you might or might not received confirmation for PCC. see #5,369
2. it depends. since you received PCC req and linked your application, very high chance the letter is waiting in line to be sent or already sent out. if it's in paper form, it will take time to arrive in your mailbox.

sanketpurnima

Star Member
May 28, 2017
I received a letter that says, sponsor Eligibility met. If not already provided, prepare for medical, send PCC, and few other things. Docs can be send through GC Key MyCIC account, or otherwise send it through Email.
My dad(Principal Applicant) was able to link to GC key. but there is no option to Upload the PCC. So who can send PCC to IRCC Email? Sponsor or Principal Applicant?
Note: IRCC Email is mentioned in Sponsor Eligibility Email sent to Sponsor.
Thanks!
i too got this letter sometime in March 2nd week, after which they also send medical request, and as of today the medical shows pass and biometric shows pass.
But i did not recv any separate request for PCC. And based on the eligibility letter i also submitted PCC.
But am seeing people also get separate request for PCC.
Does anyone know getting separate PCC request is a must ?

Abc01

Oct 14, 2021
Hi

We are on the same boat. done with biometrics and medical but no SA letter yet. still waiting.

Reactions: rhea2722