+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi guys,
I would like additional information for form IMM5406.
My mother is the primary applicant. Deceased spouse. One daughter(me), one son. Her Mother alive. One brother. I received an email saying individual forms required with signatures.
Please explain what is needed here exactly.
Who has to fill this and sign this?i am super lost. The guide and the form mention things but i am not sure.

Appreciate the help!!

Thnks
Spd
Did your mom sign form IMM5406? Is your brother under 22 years old?
For your mother's form, did you put her mother (address) and her father's information (deceased date) ...etc.

SpdA

Nov 21, 2017
Did your mom sign form IMM5406? Is your brother under 22 years old?
For your mother's form, did you put her mother (address) and her father's information (deceased date) ...etc.
No my brother is in his 30s. Yes i did. I gave my grandmother address as well grandfather deceased.
Does my brother and grandmother and my uncle, all have to sign the form?
This one form has all their name and address,etc. Do they each have to have a form and sign it?
I thought Just my mothers sign is enough as she is the only applicant

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
No my brother is in his 30s. Yes i did. I gave my grandmother address as well grandfather deceased.
Does my brother and grandmother and my uncle, all have to sign the form?
This one form has all their name and address,etc. Do they each have to have a form and sign it?
I thought Just my mothers sign is enough as she is the only applicant
No. Only the PA and any dependent that's over 18 years old (but under 22) needs to have their own form and sign it.
Did you also put her deceased spouse's information there? (that's the only one I can think of that may be missing)
I believe you have included her brother's information as well. Do they have names in native language?
And all the children's information need to be on your mom's IMM 5406 as well (i.e. you and your brother)

But it's only 1 form and only your mom needs to sign it.

SpdA

Nov 21, 2017
No. Only the PA and any dependent that's over 18 years old (but under 22) needs to have their own form and sign it.

Yes. only your mom needs to sign it.
So one form with all the info and she signs that form. That is good, right?

Thank you. I will update my application.

Really appreciate it.

Son gill

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Hello guys i need some clarification
1.the letter I received from ircc asking for more information has my canadian address on it..they asked for my parents current residential address..so that should be where they are staying right now (India)?
2. They asked for relationship proof b/w principle applicant (father) and his spouse adhaar card,voter card but my father’s DOB is not correct on one of them..what to do in that case?
3. To prove my relationship with my parents they asked for adhaar card,voter card and school certificates..i only have school certificates and I already provided my birth certificate when I applied for their application..what to do in this case?
Any help would be highly appreciated..Thnx

Chu2017

Apr 13, 2017
Hello all. My parents application submitted in early November last year. We have not heard back since then. Is it normal?

Mar 6, 2016
Hello,
In my sponsor eligibility letter they asked for PCC. I have my mother's PCC on hand now but hockey account doesn't have any option to upload. I sent an email but received no confirmation email. What are my other options? Should I call someone to check?
thanks

Be_rings

May 31, 2022
Don't worry i got same message last month- you will get another email with missing or additional document request- Wait for another email
Hello, how long did it take before the second email was sent to you with the letter? I am still waiting for the letter or attachment. Thanks

spsoh

Jun 1, 2022
Hello all. My parents application submitted October 31,2022. We received an email on February said your application has been updated, but nothing has changed in their profile. anyone knows what is the next step and how long we should wait? thanks!