+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Chintan, your observations are absolutely correct. In the downloaded IMM5406 it is clearly written in the address column header ' in case of deceased city, country and date of death to be given'. Whereas such instructions were missing in the online form and as result, a number of members are reporting returned applications. After resubmission of completed IMM5406 it takes two months restore the status to 'submitted'. Other members may however share their views.
Hi Sehrawat,
IRCC has provided that question in online form actually. It is right above the address field. We missed to notice that question during online submission.

bkbbh

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
i was able to signup at gclogin
The medical status on gclogin says
April 7, 2022 You passed the medical exam.
but we never received the medical instructions. we only had medical 4 years ago when applied for supervisa. Parents are in canada since then.
do you think we will have to get the medical done again?

And everything else is under processing.
We received biometrics request in march
And was asked to send pcc and adhar card birth certificate in advance to minimize delays
Pl explain how were u able to link gclogin. I have been trying but of no use.

Rasai

Feb 12, 2022
We received pcc request. Can we apply for extension. They also request me to renew the passport that why we will get pcc 2-3 weeks delay.

ammy

Star Member
Aug 24, 2012
Jalandhar ( Punjab )
Visa Office......
Canadian Consulate Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
IELTS Request
7 band
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2012
LANDED..........
29-12-2012
I received a letter that says, sponsor Eligibility met. If not already provided, prepare for medical, send PCC, and few other things. Docs can be send through GC Key MyCIC account, or otherwise send it through Email.
My dad(Principal Applicant) was able to link to GC key. but there is no option to Upload the PCC. So who can send PCC to IRCC Email? Sponsor or Principal Applicant?
Note: IRCC Email is mentioned in Sponsor Eligibility Email sent to Sponsor.
Thanks!

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
I received a letter that says, sponsor Eligibility met. If not already provided, prepare for medical, send PCC, and few other things. Docs can be send through GC Key MyCIC account, or otherwise send it through Email.
My dad(Principal Applicant) was able to link to GC key. but there is no option to Upload the PCC. So who can send PCC to IRCC Email? Sponsor or Principal Applicant?
Note: IRCC Email is mentioned in Sponsor Eligibility Email sent to Sponsor.
Thanks!
I think the letter is confusing. In fact any request is clearly addressed to someone. That "someone" needs to respond. Except for sponsor eligibility letter which is actually not a request but rather a notification. In my case, I sent PCC on behalf of PA and dependants by webform. But note that, I submitted IMM5476 from the beginning and am fully authorized. If you are not sure, you can let PA send it. It is definitely fine because it's his PCC and he can act on behalf of dependants.
If you do PCC later when a message pops up in gckey asking for it, then PA has to upload PCC in gckey and sign the digital signature.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

Bhaumik_Patel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2021
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
to compress the file, do follow steps:
1. open the word document
2. open the pdf document (which your dad scanned)
3. screenshot the passport image using the snipping tool
4. copy the image what you snipped from snipping tool
5. paste it in word
6. save it as pdf.

if you follow above method, you will not loose the quality of image as well as file size will be very small. I did above steps while I submitted application.
Thanks a lot Chintan, I did exactly the same and file turned out to be only 1.7 mb. :)

Reactions: Chintan.patel

sesenujs

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Tagbilaran City Bohol
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23, 2012
AOR Received.
July 12, 2012
Med's Request
July 12, 2012
Med's Done....
July 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 03,2012 (STAMPED)
Anyone who submitted in December 2021 got any updates? :)

Sashti23

May 31, 2022
Hi all I am a newbie here. I have submitted pgp on November 29, 2021 for my parents and I am their representative as well. My mom is the PA and she has biometric valid till 2031. My dad received 2 biometric instruction letter with different dates my first communication from Ircc was sponsor approval on May 04 and medicals on May 05. I was able to successfully link my application to gckey on May 12. I received the first BIL on May 23 in the online account with a deadline of May 30, 2022. I did not receive any email from cic though. The second BIL letter was received May 27 with a deadline of June 27, 2022 both in my online account and in my email. Now Which letter should I use for Biometric appointment?

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hi all I am a newbie here. I have submitted pgp on November 29, 2021 for my parents and I am their representative as well. My mom is the PA and she has biometric valid till 2031. My dad received 2 biometric instruction letter with different dates my first communication from Ircc was sponsor approval on May 04 and medicals on May 05. I was able to successfully link my application to gckey on May 12. I received the first BIL on May 23 in the online account with a deadline of May 30, 2022. I did not receive any email from cic though. The second BIL letter was received May 27 with a deadline of June 27, 2022 both in my online account and in my email. Now Which letter should I use for Biometric appointment?
Hi ,I would go with the second letter. It appears the agent forgot to give 30 days grace and instead gave 3 days. Corrected the error with the second one that ends June 27.

Reactions: Sashti23

SpdA

Nov 21, 2017
Hi guys,
I would like additional information for form IMM5406.
My mother is the primary applicant. Deceased spouse. One daughter(me), one son. Her Mother alive. One brother. I received an email saying individual forms required with signatures.
Please explain what is needed here exactly.
Who has to fill this and sign this?i am super lost. The guide and the form mention things but i am not sure.

Appreciate the help!!

Thnks
Spd