+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Be_rings

May 31, 2022
Hi guys,

So finally I heard back something from IRCC almost after six months from application submitted on 27th Oct 2021.
They requested to resubmit the IMM5406 form for principal applicant (my dad) and eligible dependent (my mom). I have a few questions related to that with hope that experts will guide me better :)

1. Should only my dad and my mom has to resubmit the form via email or being sponsor of them I have to fill the form as well?
2. I have a sibling who is married and not a dependent of my parents any more. Does she has to fill the form as well?
3. I am my parent's authorized representative and I received that email on my email id. So should I have my parents fill the form and signed it by hand and resubmit the form from my email id?
4. PR portal says application is "returned". I am able to see that along with IMM 5406 and consent & declaration also shows "incomplete". But there is no mention about consent & declaration form on email letter I received, so should I worry about it?
5. F12 shows the status 8 - returned. So after resubmit forms via email, how long does it take to change the status?

I know many of you have been in same boat at earlier stage and have great experience in this scenario. So your inputs will help me a lot here. Thank you all _/\_
Hello, just doing a follow up on your questions. Were you able to submit IMM5406 even when they didn’t request for you to re-submit? I have a similar problem as well. I saw on PR portal “returned” and IMM5406 incomplete. I did not get an attachment letter on what they really want.

Be_rings

May 31, 2022
Hi, has anyone experienced same situation as me? I submitted my parents sponsorship application on December 4th, 2021 and I didn’t hear back from IRCC until yesterday May 30th, 2022. I saw an email saying ‘my application has been updated’ I logged into the PR portal and status says ‘returned’ IMM5604 says ‘Incomplete’ I didn’t get an attachment or letter saying I should send any documents or complete the missing form. I have seen on this profile that they usually send a letter requesting some documents. Can anyone please advice on what to do? Thanks

bkbbh

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Hi every one. I have been trying many times to link my application to my gc account but unsucessful very time. same message is displayed ever time. My f12 status is 10 since march 10 and all documents approved. Can any one help to link it to gc account where I am mistaken

Kanada123

Aug 19, 2013
Hi, has anyone experienced same situation as me? I submitted my parents sponsorship application on December 4th, 2021 and I didn’t hear back from IRCC until yesterday May 30th, 2022. I saw an email saying ‘my application has been updated’ I logged into the PR portal and status says ‘returned’ IMM5604 says ‘Incomplete’ I didn’t get an attachment or letter saying I should send any documents or complete the missing form. I have seen on this profile that they usually send a letter requesting some documents. Can anyone please advice on what to do? Thanks
Don't worry i got same message last month- you will get another email with missing or additional document request- Wait for another email

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Hello, just doing a follow up on your questions. Were you able to submit IMM5406 even when they didn’t request for you to re-submit? I have a similar problem as well. I saw on PR portal “returned” and IMM5406 incomplete. I did not get an attachment letter on what they really want.
Hi, They requested me to resubmit IMM 5406. They sent me letter as attachment with XF00000 number.

mbv747

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi everyone,
I got my online application returned and received an email stating that IMM5406 is incomplete or missing. The letter is so generic and frankyl i don't know what's missing , i believe that the forms have been filled proprerly.

I read that lotof members got the same email and their application returned, I'm wondering if it's a bug in their system!
Very hard to talk to IRCC to get further explanation... I'm lost

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
So I need to scan my mom's new passport. Problem is the file size - 7 mb. My dad used printer scanner, and I tried to compress it in Adobe Pro. Still no luck. Do I have to scan all the pages? Webform file size limit is only 2 mb. The only way I can get around is only scanning biographic and stamped pages. Please help!!!
to compress the file, do follow steps:
1. open the word document
2. open the pdf document (which your dad scanned)
3. screenshot the passport image using the snipping tool
4. copy the image what you snipped from snipping tool
5. paste it in word
6. save it as pdf.

if you follow above method, you will not loose the quality of image as well as file size will be very small. I did above steps while I submitted application.

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone,
I got my online application returned and received an email stating that IMM5406 is incomplete or missing. The letter is so generic and frankyl i don't know what's missing , i believe that the forms have been filled proprerly.

I read that lotof members got the same email and their application returned, I'm wondering if it's a bug in their system!
Very hard to talk to IRCC to get further explanation... I'm lost
I had same request and made a mistake for deceased persons.

I hope every person listed in IMM5406 is alive and healthy, but if anyone is deceased - please double check in your initial submission that you have mentioned the city, county and date of their death. Most of us wrote NA or not applicable (I guess) which is the reason of incompletion.

garrysandhu

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
Got the request for details of government employment (imm0149e). The request is from Mississauga office and should be responded in 30 days. We had provided the detailed resume during the application and we didn’t have sensitive government positions. Anyone else that has received the request?
Following..I also got the same request

garrysandhu

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
it all depends on the type of jobs that your father had in the Government as an example in the Army :
First Lieutenant · Captain · Major · Lieutenant Colonel ...
or in a company :
  • Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
  • Other C-level titles, such as: Chief Operating Officer (COO) ...
  • President.
  • Executive Vice President.
  • Senior Vice President.
  • Vice President.
  • Assistant Vice President.
  • Associate Vice President.
Thanks for your prompt reply. My father retired as a Class B Engineering employee ( a junior level post) from the Govt / Public sector dept. Please suggest if he should write as N/A for rank between him and the minister

Sehrawat_R

Mar 15, 2022

I hope every person listed in IMM5406 is alive and healthy, but if anyone is deceased - please double check in your initial submission that you have mentioned the city, county and date of their death. Most of us wrote NA or not applicable (I guess) which is the reason of incompletion.
Chintan, your observations are absolutely correct. In the downloaded IMM5406 it is clearly written in the address column header ' in case of deceased city, country and date of death to be given'. Whereas such instructions were missing in the online form and as result, a number of members are reporting returned applications. After resubmission of completed IMM5406 it takes two months restore the status to 'submitted'. Other members may however share their views.

Reactions: mjani81

mbv747

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019

Thanks for the input.
How did you know about your mistake, did IRCC provide you more insights?