+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
Which office has your application been forwarded to for further processing?

I just saw this on the PGP2020 thread on Canada Visa Forum.

“03-March-2021: Application Submitted.
30-Aug-2021: AOR received.
08-Dec-2021: Sponsorship approval letter received and file transferred to London VO.

No update since then. (Medical, Police certificate is not requested by IRCC yet).”

I am worried that London IRCC may be one that takes a long time to process files.
It has been forwarded to Mississauga office. From my past experience, Mississauga is one of the slow ones because there are lots of applicants (not sure if it is like that now)

Last edited:

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
Thank you! In my AOR email they wrote Mississauga , so that mean my file would be there or no I still should wait to eligibility email and then it will be clear?
I never got AOR so I am not sure. Maybe other people can help with this

Reactions: RRBP

physioyadav13

Oct 3, 2014
Biometric Request 28 March 2022
Medical Request 30 March 2022
Sponsor Approval 4 April 2022
Received on 16 May 2022:
Required Documents list:

PRINCIPAL APPLICANT:
Proof of Relationship: As proof of relationship to your spouse please provide the Aadhaar and
Voter’s ID card for yourself and your spouse. NOTE: Affidavits are not acceptable as proof of relationship.
> Police Certificates: You are required to provide a copy of your original police certificate from India.
Please follow these instructions to ensure you provide the correct police certificate:

DEPENDENT:
Police Certificates : You are required to provide a copy of your original police certificate from India.
Please follow these instructions to ensure you provide the correct police certificate:

SPONSOR:
Proof of Relationship: As proof of relationship to the principal applicant, please provide your voter
ID card, Aadhaar card and old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school
certificate). NOTE: Affidavits are not acceptable as proof of relationship.

ghostk

Star Member
May 1, 2022
Received the eligibility letter through email today. The case is forwarded to Mississauga office.
Can you please check what is the subject of your email? I received an email yesterday and looks like my file is also transferred to Mississauga, but didn’t receive any documents request or eligibility letter. My subject:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada - CPCM - Communication to client

Korali

May 17, 2022
Hello ,I'm writing here, if maybe someone went through a similar situation ,or has an answer to my questions...:)

I applied for sponsorship my parents. After 2 and a half years of waiting, delays, medical tests done twice (because they expire after 1 year ), they finally received COPR ( yupee !! ) so the final decision of the authorities was positive.
Unfortunately, the joy did not last long:confused:
Because,
When I applied for my parents sponsorship (2 and half years ago) I was domiciled in a canadian province other than Quebec, and in the meantime I moved to Quebec.
Due to this fact, at the last moment my parents' COPR was canceled , and I was asked for some new documents .
I said ok, there is another formality to do,but as long as the parents are already qualified , it should not take to long for a new COPR to print.
But it was not like that, since then (almost half a yearo_O ) I have only received emails with apologies for the delay or in which I am told that my file is in progress.
-Knowing that Quebec has its own immigration rules, do you think there's any chance we'll get my parents' COPR back??
-OR will they treat my case as if I were a new applicant resuming the process from the beginning??

Thank you.

Reactions: YVR123

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
Can you please check what is the subject of your email? I received an email yesterday and looks like my file is also transferred to Mississauga, but didn’t receive any documents request or eligibility letter. My subject:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada - CPCM - Communication to client
This is the subject “ Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Communication to client/Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada - Communication auprès de la clientèle - CPCM / CTDM - OVS SPR Eligibility Decision Letter”
Maybe your email is AOR

Reactions: ghostk

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
Also the sponsor eligibility letter asks to submit some documents if they are not already submitted. The only document we have not submitted it PCC. We got it couple of weeks ago and will submit that today.

ghostk

Star Member
May 1, 2022
This is the subject “ Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Communication to client/Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada - Communication auprès de la clientèle - CPCM / CTDM - OVS SPR Eligibility Decision Letter”
Maybe your email is AOR
Thanks. It doesn’t contain any information except a link to the “How to apply” to parents sponsorship page on their website.

ehn193kq

Dec 12, 2018
Hi all,

Here is our timeline:

-Nov-7-2021 submited.
-Apri-29-2022 return for incomplete documents.
-April-30-2022 re-sent new documents.
-May-6-2022 case status id change to 10 (complete).
-May-17-2022 was able to linke the application (yay) BC is in process

Should i be getting the policy ceritifcates?

Thanks!

Reactions: wvo2017

ScarletSails

Dec 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also the sponsor eligibility letter asks to submit some documents if they are not already submitted. The only document we have not submitted it PCC. We got it couple of weeks ago and will submit that today.
My Eligibility Decision Letter does not ask me to submit any document. So strange!