+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Can someone please confirm what is a ghost email or share the subject or sender email address for this ghost email? Thanks
Ghost email is that you will receive email from IRCC that there is update on file(portal) but when you go and check there is nothing. That is call ghost email.

Cal_gary_PR

Jul 2, 2014
you or principle applicant must have received another email to fill the form again. and they would have sent the form to send back with the new form.
Thanks for the response - however, neither of us has received another email from CIC. Anyone having this issue?

coolrc_04

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
Ghost email is that you will receive email from IRCC that there is update on file(portal) but when you go and check there is nothing. That is call ghost email.
Thanks Darji. One more question! How can I find application number and UCI to link application to GCKey account? Thanks

Cal_gary_PR

Jul 2, 2014
@Cal_gary_PR
It can take a few days for you to get an email after it is posted on ECAS. Yes @Cal_gary_PR should be contacted because of incomplete application.
Thanks - My mom received the email on April 07, 2022. So I/she might have to wait for another follow up email.

Also, do you know who (I (sponsor) or my mom (Principal Applicant) or both) has to link this application to GC Key? I have not done that yet.

Cheers...

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Thanks Darji. One more question! How can I find application number and UCI to link application to GCKey account? Thanks
Is your parents here in canada? or Check Ecas status with your UCI number followed by your information. If application is received and update in the system, you will able to see there.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do
You can link your application after 3 weeks of ghost email. This is my experience I am sharing.

RRBP

Feb 3, 2022
Hi everyone,

Do we have someone who is applied in Oct and still waiting for any email or communication from IRCC?

YashviS

Jan 6, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-08-2016
File Transfer...
08-08-2016
Med's Done....
02-08-2016
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
22-Nov : Nothing Yet. I've been patient till this time but now getting a bit frustrated. It is close to 5 months since submission. Not even sure if there is any action I can take apart from waiting and watching. I keep telling myself I'm lucky at least my application got picked up in the lottery :).
I submitted my application on Nov 25 and have not received any update. I can’t understand the order of processing. Some people who applied in December already got the ghost update or a request for additional documents while some people who applied in October still got no update. I wish the process were more fair and transparent.
That is very true. Everyone is saying be patient its a long process and all but the issue is not the long process. The issue is the transparency. We keep looking everyday because there is not a proper procedure, Oct applicants have no updates while Nov/Dec applicants have reached to PCC point in their process. This order is making me anxious as I do not even know where my file is.

We will keep each other posted so that we know.. Hopefully this is the end of wait..

Ahmedsh

Dec 13, 2021
Yesterday I sent requested documents to IRCC email but I didn’t receive any automated email. So today again I sent and still did not receive any automated email for acknowledgment.
Is anyone having same issue?
should I need to contact IRCC?
IRCC automated email is generated after 2 business days - normally this email is received after business hours. It is a little annoyed but you will get automated confirmation soon.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi all, I am planning to apply for my mom's supervisa. Can someone share their experience with health insurance? How does it work? Also, my company offers free health insurance for myself and my family in Canada, am I able to use that insurance? Just looking for some direction here! Thanks!
I think when you mentioned your company, you mean the extended healthcare coverage insurance from your employer.
If that's the case, parents ARE NOT family memebers that can be covered in employee extended health coverage. You could contact that same insurance company and see if they offer super visa specific coverage. But it will not be free. (general rule of termology of "family" in insurance means you, your spouse/common law partner and dependent children) And purchasing throught the same company may or may not be better than others.

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Yesterday I sent requested documents to IRCC email but I didn’t receive any automated email. So today again I sent and still did not receive any automated email for acknowledgment.
Is anyone having same issue?
should I need to contact IRCC?
did you send thru webform as well?

Just my experience: i sent email to mississauga and got auto-reply in minutes. but the content of the autoreply is to divert your request to webform:

"If your request is urgent or if you wish to submit an update or documents, we recommend that you do so via our IRCC Web form. "

which office did you send to? it might be just for mississauga.

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
did you send thru webform as well?

Just my experience: i sent email to mississauga and got auto-reply in minutes. but the content of the autoreply is to divert your request to webform:

"If your request is urgent or if you wish to submit an update or documents, we recommend that you do so via our IRCC Web form. "

which office did you send to? it might be just for mississauga.
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, You are right that get auto reply in minutes in past when I send document two times in last month. But this time did not receive auto reply even though it has been two days. I sent to mississauga but email is ending to cic.gc.ca. I will wait until tomorrow then send through Web form as well. I have time until May 8 to submit my documents.