+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

memories

Star Member
Nov 4, 2019
HI All,

Anyone still waiting for the 1st update after submitting the application ? I submitted application on 3Nov 2021 and still have not received any kind of update. Anything I can do to expedite ? I see people after my submission date have received some sort of update/ ghost update .

I have not received any kind of update..

Raj2202

Star Member
May 16, 2019
HI All,

Anyone still waiting for the 1st update after submitting the application ? I submitted application on 3Nov 2021 and still have not received any kind of update. Anything I can do to expedite ? I see people after my submission date have received some sort of update/ ghost update .

On the same boat! Nov 21 submission.

memories

Star Member
Nov 4, 2019
I am not sure what this F12 trick is.? How do you do that.?
This is the F12 trick shared by a member:

“Open a chrome tab>press F12>you will see some pane opening up on the right>click Network in that pane>then click Fetch/Xhr

now go to https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/ then sign in and click view application

on the right click on "cases?phase" > then click Preview on in its right

you will see information similar to the image here (https://ibb.co/3BqHJn4).”

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
HI All,

This is a long process. There is nothing you can do to expedite your application.

Reactions: memories

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi @Raj2202 , with F12 trick are you able to see agent assigned to the application ? i have agent assigned but looks like agent forgot about the file or not taking interest i guess and might take long time.
Processing is +2.5 years. There are long periods of time where you will hear nothing from IRCC. You will likely get AOR soon but you could not hear from IRCC for a year during background checks. To be honest PGP is lowest priority applications because it has minimal economic benefit and is costly and many of IRCC resources have been diverted to deal with emergency issues, economic immigration, etc.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is there any way to contact IRCC about the progress of the file? I mean I understand that this process is way too long, but I applied on Nov 25th so its been 6months already and haven't received anything. I simply want to know if they have my file and documents are correct.

With F12 trick I can see the person assigned to my file but looks like he/she haven't even started anything on it. Having 6 months and still waiting on for any communication is too much to expect.
There will likely be periods of a year where you won’t hear anything during the process. As long as others have not received AOR and you are not an outlier you shouldn’t worry,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Once you have an F application number, then it may mean ur application is fine and you await the next steps. I would take F as AOR
If you submitted your application with tracking you know your application has been received. It is very difficult to reach IRCC and if others still haven’t received AOR and you’re not an outlier you shouldn’t worry.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I had same thought. For intake assigned almost half year ago, the completion checking didn’t start, it is not reasonable at all. No matter how many months PGP takes, it is not applicable to us yet since the time is counted after receiving the completed application. The worse part, at this stage, there is nothing we can do but wait, wait for case worker starts to do the work, it may take days, weeks, months or years..
Realistically PGP isn’t a high priority. Just being honest. In most countries parent sponsorship is not even possible with access to public healthcare. With Covid, IRCC backlogs, Ukraine and Afghanistan, etc. processing times will be delayed.

Reactions: YashviS

memories

Star Member
Nov 4, 2019
Processing is +2.5 years. There are long periods of time where you will hear nothing from IRCC. You will likely get AOR soon but you could not hear from IRCC for a year during background checks. To be honest PGP is lowest priority applications because it has minimal economic benefit and is costly and many of IRCC resources have been diverted to deal with emergency issues, economic immigration, etc.
I agree process is slow but background check start after application number is printed or it can happen before that ? As with F12 trick i see that last update on my file was at 1 Jan 2022. but i did not receive any AOR, ghost update

arz_rch

Nov 23, 2019
Hello,
When we submit our application, we promise to support our parents for 10 years (for Quebec).
My question is, once our parents land in Canada, will they consider as dependents and it has impact in our income tax? Do you know should we contact the HR and ask them to update our file (form TD1, Personal tax credits)?
Thanks!

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
I have update guys. I am excited I can finally link the application online. :D

Application submitted- Oct 17, 2021
Request for IMM5406- Dec14, 2021
Ghost email March 4, 2022
Biometrics letter for dependants (2)- April 4, 2022 (Parents have biometrics on file)
Linking to IRCC portal- April 4, 2022
Application submitted- Oct 17, 2021
Request for IMM5406- Dec14, 2021
Ghost email March 4, 2022
Biometrics letter for dependants (2)- April 4, 2022 (Parents have biometrics on file)
Linking to IRCC portal- April 4, 2022
Sponsorship approval letter via email- April 6 2022, Application forwarded to Montreal Immigration for further processing

Anyone else in Montreal Immigration office?

Reactions: wvo2017

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
Realistically PGP isn’t a high priority. Just being honest. In most countries parent sponsorship is not even possible with access to public healthcare. With Covid, IRCC backlogs, Ukraine and Afghanistan, etc. processing times will be delayed.
Nothing can be done but wait. The only thing that is frustrating is that the applications are not processed on a first come first serve basis. I don’t know if this is fully random or there is some pattern :D

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

Stars2022

Feb 23, 2022
There will likely be periods of a year where you won’t hear anything during the process. As long as others have not received AOR and you are not an outlier you shouldn’t worry,
Lots of people who submitted application in 2021 between September and December have already passed the AOR stage. Their parents have biometric done, medical examination done. And they have the sponsorship approved. This is not based on submission time. It is depends on case worker assigned. I do understand it is long process for PGP, but few of us still outside of processing time after half year waiting, that is very frustrating.

• Sad
Reactions: Bhaumik_Patel