+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Cadvisap

Apr 4, 2022
Hi, I’ve just received an email from IRCC, saying my IMM 5406 form is incomplete with some parts highlighted & underscored.

I’m a bit confused. In my mom’s IMM 5406 filled online, I’ve included her spouse(the applicant), all children & her siblings. Why it still says missing?! Do ive to individually fill out the IMM 5406 for each of her children?

(Background: I’m sponsoring my father while my mom is his dependent)

The letter only states:
(My Mom’s name)
I guess only my mom’s IMM 5406 has problem
  • IMM 5406 (for Dependant): The Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) provided was not completed fully. Please provide a current, completed, signed and dated Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all dependents aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand.

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
Just checked the PR portal login and I see something very weird. I can't see the submitted application anymore. It is greyed out.
Does anyone have the same problem?

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
Finally was able to link the application to the GCKey last night. This is what I see after linking... Status shows 'Submitted' and 'Messages' - None.

Permanent ResidencyFXXXXXXXXXNAMEApril 5, 2022SubmittedNone

When I click on Check Full application status - It shows - We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Application no. starts with 'F'.... does this mean that all documents are in order? Haven't received any email after the ghost email on Feb 22. Can someone please elaborate on F12 trick? Thanks in advance.

Timelines:
Application submitted - 27 Nov 2021
Ghost Email - 22nd Feb 2022
GCkey Link: 04 Apr 2022

YashviS

Jan 6, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-08-2016
File Transfer...
08-08-2016
Med's Done....
02-08-2016
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Applied for my parents on 22nd Nov 2021 and yet to receive any update. Anyone still on same boat?
Applied on Nov 25 .... nothing at all... no ghost email nothing

mjm

Star Member
Feb 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had submitted application for PR in Oct 2021. Got approval as Sponsor, however the processing times are very long.

I am looking for applying for visitor visa for my father due to wedding of my daughter in August.

I wonder how can access the submitted information - specially the online forms submitted. (siblings of my father info etc).

Can I request access to Computer Notes and Application Data (I am also representative).

Anshk

Mar 17, 2022
Hey
I received letter to submit my birth certificate as a sponsor but I submitted original birth certificate which one is in English I don’t know what to do.. same certificate i used for my pr application which ago never had issue

Application submitted 29 nov
Ghost email 17 march,2022
Letter for re submit birth certificate today

Sanj

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Hello,
I applied for family sponsorship in Oct 21, and now the application is on a stage where i received police clearance request from cic. My parents are currently in India and the officer i spoke in Ontario said that in order to apply for local police clearance they will have to manually be present here. Can someone please share the link from RCMP where i could request for police clearance for my parents in Ontario.
Please note, my parents are currently on super visa and they stayed in Canada for a period of 2 years. They are currently in India since Nov 2019.

Sanj

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Medical Passed today.

Oct 13, 2021 Submitted
Dec 10, 2021 Ghost update
Jan 09, 2022 Link to GCKey
March 7, 2022 Sponsor Approval
March 8, 2022 Medical Request
Feb 20, 2020 Biometrics done
Feb 12, 2022 PCC sent by webform
March 29, 2022 Medicals done
April 01, 2022 Medical Passed

*Processing Centre: Mississauga
*Parents in Philippines
*Waiting for PPR
Hello Anne,
I am on the same boat as you. My parents are currently in India and today i received an email for the police clearance. My parents are on super visa and they stayed in Canada for 2 years so basically we need to apply for PCC from Canada too. I just spoke with RCMP officer and the process they advised is too long and complicate. Can you please suggest if you went through a process of getting PCC from Canada for your parents?.

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Thanks so much! Once I submit the PCC via this webform link, it'll automatically get linked to my GC key account and update the records there once they review it? Any ideas how long it takes for them to confirm the PCC was received?
I uploaded thru webform a month ago and nothing in GCkey yet. "We do not need additional documents" has been there all the time.
I don't know your timeline but I assume you want to provide PCC without a request? You can do this after sponsor approval as it is clearly indicated to provide additional documents to your relevant VO, and contact details are provided in the SA letter.
If you are providing this WITH a request, (a message in GCkey), the acc will allow you to upload it. This works most efficient as VO retrieve docs directly without a middleman.
If without a request, you can only do it with email or webform(as indicated in SA letter). If you don't see a response after your webform then get prepared to upload PCC to GCkey again when they ask. Webform can get delayed. They received tons of requests everyday. Those with full details (file numbers and UCI etc) can be forwarded to relevant VO 'relatively" more quickly, but still be prepared for a very long turn around time. So it's still likely you webform has not been forwarded to VO and VO still send out PCC request. So you can see why some people just choose to wait for PCC request rather than provide it upfront. Most provide it upfront is because they already obtained it and "why not provide it earlier".
All that said, nothing we can do but relax and wait.

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Hello Anne,
I am on the same boat as you. My parents are currently in India and today i received an email for the police clearance. My parents are on super visa and they stayed in Canada for 2 years so basically we need to apply for PCC from Canada too. I just spoke with RCMP officer and the process they advised is too long and complicate. Can you please suggest if you went through a process of getting PCC from Canada for your parents?.
Can you please share your timeline?
according to this page time is not a concern here. IRCC will extend the deadline automatically.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/canada.html

JohnWick07

Star Member
Feb 22, 2020
Hi everyone! I submitted my application online on the PR portal for my parents sponsorship on 16 Nov 2021. Is there a way to see what stage my application is at? If I login to the portal, it only shows the application was submitted on the said date and that's it. No way to view the details. Anyone who may have been able to find the processing details, can you share?