+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

amyn27

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Anyone who got Sponsor Approval letter can see the first line change in GC Key under "Review of Eligibility" or see anything on ECAS ?

On GC Key it shows passed the medicals for my parents on Feb 28 and I am seeing ppl with similar timeline getting Sponsor Approval letter. I am still waiting for mine and hoping to get it soon.

Thanks.

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Anyone who got Sponsor Approval letter can see the first line change in GC Key under "Review of Eligibility" or see anything on ECAS ?

On GC Key it shows passed the medicals for my parents on Feb 28 and I am seeing ppl with similar timeline getting Sponsor Approval letter. I am still waiting for mine and hoping to get it soon.

Thanks.
Don't worry in PGP they don't usually do parallel processing. Requests on PA side are sent when sponsor approval is almost certain. My SA letter came more than two weeks after I received medical and bio request, but dated quite close to request received date. Took canada post more than a week to deliver within the same city. Maybe check your mailbox as well as your email? The letter is for sponsor so it won't show in online account.

FYI There has been one change in Review of eligibility and it was before I received the first request(bio). So I don't think it's for sponsor eligibility but rather for PA eligibility.

In Jan:
Review of eligibility !
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Since late Jan:
Review of eligibility 
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Reactions: amyn27

Anne21

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
Don't worry in PGP they don't usually do parallel processing. Requests on PA side are sent when sponsor approval is almost certain. My SA letter came more than two weeks after I received medical and bio request, but dated quite close to request received date. Took canada post more than a week to deliver within the same city. Maybe check your mailbox as well as your email? The letter is for sponsor so it won't show in online account.

FYI There has been one change in Review of eligibility and it was before I received the first request(bio). So I don't think it's for sponsor eligibility but rather for PA eligibility.

In Jan:
Review of eligibility !
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Since late Jan:
Review of eligibility 
@kafepoche
Can you check ECAS now?

Sandhun

Aug 22, 2018
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
MISSISSAGA
App. Filed.......
08-11-2021

Thanks.
I got sponsor approval letter on March 10,2022 but on GC account it still says Review of Eligibility

amyn27

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015

In Jan:
Review of eligibility !

Since late Jan:
Review of eligibility 
Thank you for your reply @kafepoche . I am checking my mailbox and email regularly but nothing yet. Hopefully soon and will keep posted here.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

I need some information to plan for the next steps. My parents got medical request on 2nd March and they got it completed on 7th march. My dad had a surgery earlier and hence canada consulate office New Delhi has asked to do an additional sputum test and chest xray after 6 weeks of sputum collection for my father. Since the initial timeline for medical was till 2nd April 2022, should I send note to CIC. Please advise.
No need to contact IRCC. It is in their system that he is going through the sputum collection/evaluation and repeat x-ray which will take around 3 months.

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
Hi Everyone,

Parents Just got biometric requests. They applied Nov 23. Couple of questions

1) Is there an excel type of tracker on this group? Could not find one....
2) Where do you check status these days? The permanent resident portal only says submitted evven though they got biometrics
3) Does biometrics mean we already met the income requirements?

Thanks!

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Thank you Anne. The automated telephone line does not give option to get 2018 proof of statement. It only gives option for 2021,2020 and 2019. How can I get 2018 proof of income?
Hi.. same with me too. There is an option to get 2021, 2022 and 2019 but no option for 2018. Did you manage to get 2018 proof of income statement? if so how? please advise. Thanks!

ahwa

Mar 26, 2022
Hi.. same with me too. There is an option to get 2021, 2022 and 2019 but no option for 2018. Did you manage to get 2018 proof of income statement? if so how? please advise. Thanks!
I spoke to the CRA agent on phone and requested them for 2018 proof of of income. They mailed it to me and said I will receive it in 15 business days.

parassachapara

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
By mistake I paid for my parents biometrics when applying for pgp. They already did biometrics in 2019 for visitor visa which I completely forgot. Will they issue a refund automatically or do I have to request it?

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
Anyone else notice the edit button on the online portal is now usable? my application was showing returned in February when asked to complete 5406 and I couldn't edit the online form.

I don't want to edit the online form now. Does anyone have the same experience?
Not for me. Its greyed out.