+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi, thanks for replying! Yes we stated clearly in the reply that my parents are in China and they don't have Canada visitor visas as those expired. We are now worried about whether the reply got through to the visa office. We replied again to their follow-up portal email. If things go through, will it be the Etobicoke office that issues passport request? Thanks again!
In that case, I would try to call and talk to an agent to make sure that information does get through to IRCC.
I believe the local VO will issue the PPR. But I am not sure.

Reactions: detrtonca

Felix_PGP2021

Star Member
May 13, 2022
Hi members. My parents received portal email on Apr. 2nd and replied on Apr. 3rd. Yesterday Apr 17th they received email saying they never replied to the first portal email and requested the same information. Has anyone experienced similar issues? Also my parents are in China now so will they get PPR request? The visa office that sent the emails is Etobicoke. Thanks
Could you please share your timeline? Many thanks.

detrtonca

Nov 16, 2018
Could you please share your timeline? Many thanks.
Hi, it was very similar to yours. It was processed at Vancouver office and we got additional document request and pre-arrival in Nov 2023. Then there was a ghost update around late March and we got first portal emails on Apr. 2nd.

ramonju

Apr 5, 2022
Oct 2021 applicant here. We received an update from CIC in which our visa office was transferred from Mississauga to Montreal office. They're also requesting for a new set of medicals, which we were told would not be needed the last time we spoke to someone at CIC. My parents are currently here in Canada, so would it be possible to have their medicals done here, instead of having it done from the home country? Anyone else experienced having their visa offices changed after years of being processed from the first one? Is that a good/bad sign?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Oct 2021 applicant here. We received an update from CIC in which our visa office was transferred from Mississauga to Montreal office. They're also requesting for a new set of medicals, which we were told would not be needed the last time we spoke to someone at CIC. My parents are currently here in Canada, so would it be possible to have their medicals done here, instead of having it done from the home country? Anyone else experienced having their visa offices changed after years of being processed from the first one? Is that a good/bad sign?
medical can be done by any panel physician anywhere in the world.

ndhindsa

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Good Day All,

Just sharing the news my parents have finally received passport request after 30 months of processing. Applied on 01 Oct 2021.

Here is the full timeline :
PGP-2021

Application Submission date - 01 Oct 2021

IMM5406 Request - 15 Sep 2022
IMM5406 Submitted - 16 Sep 2022
Biometrics Request - 26 Sep 2022
Biometrics updated on GC Key - 28 Sep 2022
Sponsor Approval - 28 Sep 2022

---File forwarded to Vancouver Office---

File Received by Vancouver office - 01 Aug 2023
Pre-arrival services letter - 01 Sep 2023
Medical - For Dependent Only - 21 Jan 2024
New (renewed) passport Document Request - 21 Jan 2024
Re-Medical Request for Principal Applicant (previous valid till Jun 2024) - 02 April 2024
PPR - 22 April 2024

Good Luck to the remaining applicants from 2021 and best wishes to the approved ones!

imacuser

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Sponsor Approval - 28 Sep 2022

---File forwarded to Vancouver Office---

File Received by Vancouver office - 01 Aug 2023
How do you know when file was received by Vancouver office and what does that mean? Was file travelling on foot if it was sent in Sep 2022 and received 11 months later in Aug 2023

ndhindsa

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
How do you know when file was received by Vancouver office and what does that mean? Was file travelling on foot if it was sent in Sep 2022 and received 11 months later in Aug 2023
On sponsor approval letter (received in Sep 2022) , it was mentioned that file has been transferred to Vancouver Office. Never got any update until i called IRCC in aug/sep 2023 after 24 months of processing time. Agent told me that Vancouver office received the file only in Aug 2023. So, it must've been stuck somewhere in the system for almost 1 year !

Lucifer Yang

Feb 27, 2017
Hi, thanks for replying! Yes we stated clearly in the reply that my parents are in China and they don't have Canada visitor visas as those expired. We are now worried about whether the reply got through to the visa office. We replied again to their follow-up portal email. If things go through, will it be the Etobicoke office that issues passport request? Thanks again!
You should call IRCC to update the status because your parents are not currently in Canada. They will issue you an PPR document so you can use it to apply for an immigration visa.

detrtonca

Nov 16, 2018
Hi members. My parents received portal email on Apr. 2nd and replied on Apr. 3rd. Yesterday Apr 17th they received email saying they never replied to the first portal email and requested the same information. Has anyone experienced similar issues? Also my parents are in China now so will they get PPR request? The visa office that sent the emails is Etobicoke. Thanks
Just wanna give an update on my situation in case in might be helpful to anyone.

To recap, we received Portal 1 email on Apr. 2nd from Etobicoke office, and we responded on Apr. 3rd. Then on Apt. 17th we received another Portal 1 email saying we had not responded, so we responded again immediately. Also my parents are in China and don't have any visas.

Today (Apr. 24th) I called IRCC around 9:20am Eastern time and go through after only a 15 minute wait. The agent told me that our response was uploaded to the system on Apr. 22nd and we just have to wait. From this it seems that our first email reply did not get through, or maybe the office was just late to update the system. Anyway in the afternoon we got PPR request email from Hong Kong office, so the wait is finally over.

Good luck to any family still waiting after 2 long years.

Felix_PGP2021

Star Member
May 13, 2022
Just wanna give an update on my situation in case in might be helpful to anyone.

To recap, we received Portal 1 email on Apr. 2nd from Etobicoke office, and we responded on Apr. 3rd. Then on Apt. 17th we received another Portal 1 email saying we had not responded, so we responded again immediately. Also my parents are in China and don't have any visas.

Today (Apr. 24th) I called IRCC around 9:20am Eastern time and go through after only a 15 minute wait. The agent told me that our response was uploaded to the system on Apr. 22nd and we just have to wait. From this it seems that our first email reply did not get through, or maybe the office was just late to update the system. Anyway in the afternoon we got PPR request email from Hong Kong office, so the wait is finally over.

Congratulations! Could you please share your timeline?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

Your update is very helpful. It gives the time waiting in between portal response and IRCC PPR.
Congrats! Try to ask your parents to spend more time in Canada. Hopefully they like living here.

thebassi35

Oct 10, 2013
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received NDVO - 17/06/2016
File Transfer...