+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Bubblesandme

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am on a Work Permit in Toronto with a full-time job (Valid until 2026). Can I sponsor my parents without showing any funds in their account ?? I can show that I have funds and I can take care of them. Is it doable for a visitor visa ?
Any suggestion would be really helpful.
Here's the eligibility criteria. It says you have to a citizen or a permanent resident.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/eligibility.html

Reactions: YVR123

getlucky2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Toronto
LANDED..........
Canadian Citizen
Hello, I know that the CIC are working on the 2020 applications. And nothing has been open since.

I have a few questions:

1) Do we know when the new application process will begin?
2) I would like to be prepared with all the documents to submit for when the quota opens again, do we know what documents are required?

Please let me know.

Thank you

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
I am on a Work Permit in Toronto with a full-time job (Valid until 2026). Can I sponsor my parents without showing any funds in their account ?? I can show that I have funds and I can take care of them. Is it doable for a visitor visa ?
They can try applying for a visitor visa. However, if your parents have no funds or income it will be challenging to get approved for a visitor visa because it shows they are an overstay risk. They need to prove that they have sufficient ties to their home country, such as property ownership or investments.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Sponsorship is only for PR or citizen to sponsor their parents to become PR. (as you've seen in this discussion, even so, it's not garantee. you need to enter into a lottery)

Your question is about visitor visa and there is no "sponsorship" for visitor visa. Post your question or read posts in the visitor section. There are many similar cases there.

hm.solaiman

Apr 7, 2019
Guys, if your file is in Vancouver office and not moving. We need to approach this differently.

We should tweet, send emails to minister and bring it to media attention. WE NEED TO MAKE EFFORTS.

Please inbox me your contact number or email. We can create a group and start talking.
It's been 20 Months and I don't see any hope in next a couple of months as Vancouver office has hardly processed any file.

My timelines:

File Submitted : Oct 21, 2021
Bio : April 2022
Medical : May 2022
PCC : June 2022
Additional documents : Aug 2022
Eligbilty Passed : Sept 2022
File moved from Mississauga to Vancouver : Nov 10, 2022
Medical : May 2023 (2nd time)
PPR : Waiting

Is this step common for everyone? moving file from missi office to van?

3hm

Star Member
Dec 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone getting instructions to do new medicals?
ours expiring end of this month and received a letter saying validity is now insufficient and need to do a new one at our expense.

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
ours expiring end of this month and received a letter saying validity is now insufficient and need to do a new one at our expense.
What do you mean by “at our expense “.
Medical you always need to do by your own expense. What were you expecting that CIC is gonna pay for your medical ?

3hm

Star Member
Dec 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What do you mean by “at our expense “.
Medical you always need to do by your own expense. What were you expecting that CIC is gonna pay for your medical ?
maybe you haven't heard, some who are in Canada when their medical expired are not redoing any medical, therefore no expense.

jojozhumj

Apr 19, 2023
Same boat; my parents' first medical will expire at the end of this month. We received a new medical request in May and passed it again in June.
You can check my timeline in the signature below for details.

3hm

Star Member
Dec 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same boat; my parents' first medical will expire at the end of this month. We received a new medical request in May and passed it again in June.
You can check my timeline in the signature below for details.
Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: jojozhumj

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
Hi guys, just wanted to update that we finally received the ECOPR today....awaiting PR card now. Thanks everyone for information time to time on trends and timelines.
much appreciated.
Good luck to all still in the process. Hopefully everyone gets on this side of the fence sooner than later.
Cheers !!
Hey Congratulations, After how many days have you received the ECOPR after you updated the portal with your address and photo?

Nilkanth Lucky

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Doc's Request.
July, 2016
Nomination.....
September, 2016
AOR Received.
October, 2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
Just finished medical on weekend.
Received one more request to provide new passport within month for my father as it is going to expire in next year July.
It states passport is expiring within 6 months so please provide new passport which is not true
I am not going to renew as he is already in Canada, it takes two months to get new one and they are leaving in October. So planning to respons with reasons not to renew for now.

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
Just finished medical on weekend.
Received one more request to provide new passport within month for my father as it is going to expire in next year July.
It states passport is expiring within 6 months so please provide new passport which is not true
I am not going to renew as he is already in Canada, it takes two months to get new one and they are leaving in October. So planning to respons with reasons not to renew for now.
Hello,

Go for Tatkal passport, you will get this in less than 4 days. But the passport is for 2 years. Your passport validity must be more than a year.