+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

sponsor21

Oct 25, 2022
Hey, I just need a help guys. If anyone submitted passport to VFS srilanka? How can send the passport? How long it will take to get the passport back?

Thanks

carling

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
I think we have the same timeline
Applied - dec 6
AOR - August 18
Biometrics- January 11
Eligibility- January 18
waiting for medicals and pcc
Oh wow, good to know someone with same timeline....

Bit of update, I got sponsor approval today (Jan 18) and asking to submit PCC

Reactions: robertp

Raj2202

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Hi guys,

My parents just got Biometrics request. The letter sent by IRCC address to the principal applicant.

so is it the same for both the parents or do we get individual letters for principal and co-applicant. ?

Can they both go to VAC to give finger prints and photo.? or just one?

Amolak817

Jun 16, 2022
Oh wow, good to know someone with same timeline....

Bit of update, I got sponsor approval today (Jan 18) and asking to submit PCC
I am not sure whats happening this year. Files that were processed last year was getting medical request within a month after Biometric request and then after few months of medical request, PCC request and proof of relationship would follow. Below is my timeline.

Biometric request - Dec 15, 2022
Biometric done - Dec 19, 2022
Sponsor approval - Dec 22, 2022
PCC and Proof of relationship request - Jan 10, 2023
PCC and Proof of relationship submitted - Jan 12, 2023

No medical request yet. I am planning to submit upfront medical if i don't hear back by next week. Some people has done it last year.

GusCAN

Apr 25, 2022

Amolak817

Jun 16, 2022
To all that think their file is taking too long or that it is not even moving at all, take a look at the news below.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ircc-immigration-officer-container-placeholder-code-inactive-list-1.6669571#DATA SET

I sent a message through the CBSA portal and, after almost 30 days, I got a pretty good report showing the stages that went through and the current status. Gave me peace of mind that it is moving, not at the pace that I'd like, but it is moving.
I don't think any of the PGP 2021 files get affected. The latest inactive ID is from March 2021 and most of the files for PGP 2021 are submitted between Oct - Dec 2021.

Reactions: CanSpo

Raj2202

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Hi guys,

My parents just got Biometrics request. The letter sent by IRCC address to the principal applicant.

so is it the same for both the parents or do we get individual letters for principal and co-applicant. ?

Can they both go to VAC to give finger prints and photo.? or just one?
Hi Guys, anyone had the same issue. I received only one biometric letter on principal applicant name. But when I am trying to book an appointment with VFS, its expecting separate biometric letter for each applicant. What can I do now?

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
I am not sure whats happening this year. Files that were processed last year was getting medical request within a month after Biometric request and then after few months of medical request, PCC request and proof of relationship would follow. Below is my timeline.

Biometric request - Dec 15, 2022
Biometric done - Dec 19, 2022
Sponsor approval - Dec 22, 2022
PCC and Proof of relationship request - Jan 10, 2023
PCC and Proof of relationship submitted - Jan 12, 2023

No medical request yet. I am planning to submit upfront medical if i don't hear back by next week. Some people has done it last year.
Yes you can submit upfront medical. see my signature for detail info.

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Hi Guys, anyone had the same issue. I received only one biometric letter on principal applicant name. But when I am trying to book an appointment with VFS, its expecting separate biometric letter for each applicant. What can I do now?
There must be two seperate biometric metric request letter. Check your GC key account if you are already linked your file.
I had two seperate request letter. It was in GC key account.

Raj2202

Star Member
May 16, 2019
There must be two seperate biometric metric request letter. Check your GC key account if you are already linked your file.
I had two seperate request letter. It was in GC key account.
HI brother thanks for the response.

I am not able to attach the application to GC key link. Thats also one more concern. The PR portal status is "Submitted". The client applications status is "Application Received". no more updates apart from that.

I tried to Add a link on the IRCC portal and it keeps saying "Based on the information you entered, we found no applications.". I tried all options.

CanSpo

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Yes you can submit upfront medical. see my signature for detail info.
Hi Heli saw your signature. I have submitted PCC and documents received on GC key . Already received pre arrival and we parents are in Canada. just want to know further action , are they asking for Passports for stamping ? Or straight sending approval letters and virtual landing. Do we need to go to border for formalities?