+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Deepu2015

Mar 17, 2015
Hi,

My parents did their medicals in october and they asked to redo one test for one of them which is in progress.

But received pre-arrival letter on nov 25

and received pcc on nov 28.

office: Vancouver

Any idea what would be next steps?

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Congratulations Chintan!
I got my parents passport request yesterday! Could you please advise me on the next steps??
Thank you and congratulations to you as well.

IRCC should have given the instructions to contact VFS to send passport to them.
I am assuming Principal Applicant is in India. If so you can drop off passport to nearest VFS if it is close by residence or you have to fillout the webform VFS : WebForm (mioot.com) to arrange pick up and drop off service by VFS.

Sruraja

Feb 4, 2022
Their Medicals was done first week of October 2022 and was passed on October 18, 2022
PPR was Nov 10
We sent passports to VFS on Nov 14 and received it with visa on Nov 16
November 17 - we received an acknowledgement receipt letter for the additional disclosures we passed back in Oct 4

My parents flight is Nov 25
How soon should they land in Canada?

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Hi,

My parents did their medicals in october and they asked to redo one test for one of them which is in progress.

But received pre-arrival letter on nov 25

and received pcc on nov 28.

office: Vancouver

Any idea what would be next steps?
Once redo test completes, check on GCKEY to for message that medical is passed. After that just wait for PPR.

Sruraja

Feb 4, 2022
Thank you and congratulations to you as well.

IRCC should have given the instructions to contact VFS to send passport to them.
I am assuming Principal Applicant is in India. If so you can drop off passport to nearest VFS if it is close by residence or you have to fillout the webform VFS : WebForm (mioot.com) to arrange pick up and drop off service by VFS.
Thanks Chintan!! Yes I have booked an appointment with vfs to submit the passports! What do we do after getting the passport back? When do they have to land in Canada? Will they provide instructions later? Please help

Neha.karnad

Star Member
May 29, 2019
Hi Forum members, I am looking for support or help to see what is the best way to connect IRCC regarding my parents application. Please find the time line.

PARENT'S PR APPLICATION
Visa Office- Mississauga
App. Filed- Nov-25-2021
AOR Received- Jul-07-2022
Med's Request & Completed: Request came on Jul-18-2022 & Completed on Jul-30-2022
PCC Request & Completed: Request came on Aug-05-2055 & Completed and submitted the PCC on Aug-18-2022
Passport Req-
Visa Issued-
Landed-

After Aug 18, its dead silent with no update IRCC Mississauga Off.

Kindly advise, not sure how to proceed or what steps to get the feedback or suggestions are welcome, Thanks in advance to everyone.
We have almost identical timelines. Absolutely dead silent since Aug 18!

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Thanks Chintan!! Yes I have booked an appointment with vfs to submit the passports! What do we do after getting the passport back? When do they have to land in Canada? Will they provide instructions later? Please help
You can already see the date in GCKEY. You have to time to land one day before your medical expires (based on my case). My parents passed medical on 29th Aug 2022. They must enter in Canada on or before 28th Aug 2023. They will provide you with 2 COPRs for each person in application.

Sam011

Jun 8, 2015
Hello Brother,

You need to reassess the income for 2019. Ask your accountant to increase your income show your income at least $43000, If your accountant says he cannot do it then go to some other accountant.There are different ways to show the income, you will have to pay some tax but it is OK.

If you were self employed or u have any corporation registered under your name then it would be easy to re assess and there many other ways. but DO NOT SUBMIT your file with less income.

U must submit "NOTICE OF REAASESSMENT" when u will show your 2019 income, it is not a big deal to submit notice of reassessment(I did the same thing) most of the poeple who own businesses do this.
Hey. I did reassess my 2019 income
However when I submitted my application I put yes to access my cra! I should’ve checked no and uploaded my notice of reassessment instead of them mixing up my 2019 assessment and reassessment

Sruraja

Feb 4, 2022
You can already see the date in GCKEY. You have to time to land one day before your medical expires (based on my case). My parents passed medical on 29th Aug 2022. They must enter in Canada on or before 28th Aug 2023. They will provide you with 2 COPRs for each person in application.
I couldn’t link the application with gckey… I don’t know when the medical was passed. How do I find out?

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
I couldn’t link the application with gckey… I don’t know when the medical was passed. How do I find out?
Then you can assume the medical given date as an visa expiry date for now. Exact date might be 15-20 days after medical given date.