+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

n8d07018

Dec 4, 2015
Hi, can anybody share their parents medical exam experience from Mumbai (Andheri center). My parents got medical request and they are going for their exam next week. Thanks.

ashishm999

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021
Niagara Falls border is close but do you need to go to the border for virtual landing?
At US Border like Niagara Falls, you can do flagpole, which means you cross the border and inform US Custom officer that you are here for flagpoling and they would give you a slip indicating you were turned back "refused entry" and then you turn back to re-enter Canada side going through immigration procedure.

Other option which I remember is to take appointment at one of the immigration office within Canada, but not sure if they still do this.

https://www.immigration.ca/candidates-increasingly-turn-to-flagpoling-for-fast-canada-immigration-services/

ashishm999

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021
Hello,

So my parents received a PCC request with a deadline of Sept 15, 2022. However, due to some unavoidable medical reasons, they are going to be late to submit the PCC.

Question: How do I inform CIC that they are going to be delayed in submitting the PCC? Is it through the Webform (which is super delayed) or do I just attach an explanation letter to the GCKey document upload portal?

CIC's letter only says we need to inform; however, it does not say how to inform CIC.

Cheers
Use IRCC Webform to intimate them about delay.

the IRCC webform at:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Reactions: Cal_gary_PR

ashishm999

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021
Hello All, I need some expert opinion on the query below. I got a sponsorship approval letter for my parents one day after their biometrics was done (no request for medical, PCC yet). The wordings of the letter are given below.
Question- Do I need to upload any documents additionally as shown below? I have already uploaded those during the application stage. Will there be a separate request for PCC and medicals?

Thanks a lot in advance..

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted on behalf of xxxxxxxx and family (if applicable).

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative will be processed at CPC-Mississauga. This office was selected based on your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative, you may find contact information for that visa office at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp.

Requirements for Processing
In order to minimize delays, please submit a valid email address for the Principal Applicant and/or their Authorized Representative via IRCC secure account (MyCIC) at www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html. This email address will be used to communicate with the Principal Applicant and their dependant family member (if applicable) throughout the processing of their application.
Please note that the following documentation is required for your sponsored family members. If not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:
 Updated residential address: You are required to provide the current residential address for the principal applicant and their dependant family member (if applicable). You must report any changes to their address, telephone number(s) and email address immediately throughout the processing of your application. Failure to provide updates may result in processing delays.
 Immigration Medical Examination: The principal applicant and their dependant family member (if applicable) must each complete an Immigration Medical Examination in support of this application. Instructions for the medicals will be sent separately. Please complete all required testing within the timeframe specified on the instructions.
 Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF): The Right of Permanent Residence Fee(s) must be submitted to this office. Please refer to the CIC Website for detailed instructions on how to pay immigration fees: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp.
 Passport/Travel Document: The principal applicant and their dependant family member (if applicable) must submit a copy of their passport. If their passport has expired or will expire within the next 12 months, please have them apply for and submit a copy of their new passport with a validity of 12 months or more. Please ensure to include the biographic page of the passport.
 Proof of Relationship (Sponsor and Principal Applicant): Please provide a photocopy of your birth certificate clearly indicating your relationship to the Principal Applicant. If you cannot provide this, please provide additional government documents establishing your relationship. Please review the country specific requirements listed for children, as these documents are applicable to sponsors of parents and grandparents. Country specific requirements can be found on our website: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp.
 Proof of Relationship (Principal Applicant and Dependant Spouse or Common-law Partner): The principal applicant and their dependant family member (if applicable) must provide the following:
 If married, your relative must submit a copy of their legal marriage registration/certificate as proof of relationship to their spouse.
 If in a common-law partnership, your relative must submit proof of cohabitation, such as joint bank accounts, joint ownership of residential property, joint residential leases, joint utilities accounts, and/or other documents for both parties showing the same address.

Application Submitted - November 15, 2021
AOR - July 22, 2022
Biometrics request - Sep 2, 2022
Sponsor Eligibility Letter - September 7, 2022
It says "If not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible: " I understanding is that they are just informing to upload if not already done as part of main application. For PCC, Medicals, Bio-metrics and additional docs (not asked in main package), they do send separate letters with instructions for specific docs etc.

Reactions: Sehrawat_R

arvinder90

Dec 12, 2021
Dear friends, I have good news to share. My mother in law got her PR application approved. eCOPR issued. Please see the time line below. Luckily for us, it has been a smooth process. There was one applicant with no dependents. She was in Canada on Supervisa. Virtual landing process was very quick and troublefree
Application Submitted: Nov 30, 2021
AOR: Never received
GC Key Link: May 29, 2022
Sponsoship Approval letter: June 09, 2022
Medical Passed: June 08, 2022 Medical done for Supervisa in Dec 2021
Biometrics done as part of Supervisa in December 2021
PCC/Proof of relationship doc request; June 27, 2022
PCC and documents submitted: July 09, 2022
Application Approved letter: August 29, 2022
PR Portal requested as parent is in Canada on Supervisa: Aug 29, 2022
Letter from IRCC regarding creation of PR portal account: August 31, 2022
PR Portal submission of residence/photo and undertaking of residing in Canada: September 1, 2022
PR confirmation and eCOPR: September 8, 2022
PR card : Awaited current processing time about 70 days or so
Processing Center : Missisauga

Derricktse

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
Doc's Request.
30-09-2014
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
Dear friends, I have good news to share. My mother in law got her PR application approved. eCOPR issued. Please see the time line below. Luckily for us, it has been a smooth process. There was one applicant with no dependents. She was in Canada on Supervisa. Virtual landing process was very quick and troublefree
PR Portal submission of residence/photo and undertaking of residing in Canada: September 1, 2022
Congrats! Would you mind sharing how you informed IRCC that your parents are in Canada? I received PPR on Aug 10 and informed them on the same day but up to now I still have not heard back from them. Thank you.

Derricktse

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
Doc's Request.
30-09-2014
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
By webform, although never received any confirmation. Still it worked
I see. I sent twice and received confirmation twice but have not heard back.

Nilkanth Lucky

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Doc's Request.
July, 2016
Nomination.....
September, 2016
AOR Received.
October, 2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
Congratulations.. !!!

syedgj

Aug 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad (unfortunately)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-11
Doc's Request.
7-Jul-12
File Transfer...
7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
Any updates from Vancouver processing office in last week ?
is it fair to say Mississauga is more active then Vancouver?