+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

rndhr

Jun 26, 2022
Category........
Other
Please help me, guys... under my in-law's application, I received a letter from IRCC that stated my husband is required to complete an immigration medical examination under PROOF of Relationship. Is this normal? If yes, Kindly help me where I need to book this medical.
"under Proof of Relationship" what does this mean?

sandyji786

Sep 7, 2021
"under Proof of Relationship" what does this mean?
The wording is: "husband name" Proof of Relationship: You are required to complete an Immigration Medical Examination in support of your application for permanent residence. This requirement cannot be waived. Instructions for your new medicals have been sent to you separately. Note: Please note that medical examinations are also required for non-accompanying dependents"

Last edited:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
The wording is: "husband name" Proof of Relationship: You are required to complete an Immigration Medical Examination in support of your application for permanent residence. This requirement cannot be waived. Instructions for your new medicals have been sent to you separately. Note: Please note that medical examinations are also required for non-accompanying dependents"
Would that be DNA test? Wait for the instructions to see.
I've never seen medical exam requested for sponsor under PGP.

Reactions: deepharman

caribgrl55

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there, does anyone have a general time line from when they submit passports to when you receive them back?

Also, how long do the visa offices usually give you to submit passports?

Also, if you get a PPR but were planning on travelling to Canada before the request expires, can you travel first, then update the office that you are currently in Canada to get the instructions on how to submit from Canada?

Sorry for all the questions but your help is greatly appreciated!

am84pm

Oct 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,
I have applied for sponsoring my parents. On August 18, I received an email which states

"This letter confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class was received
by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at the Case Processing Centre in
Mississauga on behalf of the following family member(s): XXXX ...".

Then a day later, they sent me another letter that says:

"Dear XXXXXX,
This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of
XXXXXXX and family (if applicable). We are not able to process your application as it is
incomplete.
After a preliminary review of your application, the following has been deemed required:

Please provide a copy of your marriage certificate (for the sponsor and co-signer)"

I used my wife as a co-signer and I did not submit our marriage certificate. This is no problem as I emailed them our marriage certificate today.

The question that I have and I appreciate it if anyone could help me with is that in the letter it says:

"Please only submit the requested information and documents via one of the following methods:
1. For instant updates, submit your documents via IRCC secure account (MyCIC) at:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html"

There are also other methods to submit the document (using the email or online forum), however, I wanted to actually use the IRCC secure account to submit the document for an instant update, however, the system could not link my information (as sponsor) or my dad (the applicant). So, I am aware of linking the application and stuff. I have also an IRCC secure account. It just seems like it can't find our application to link to it. I used the application number and UCI number that they stated in the letter they sent me. I also tried using the application number and family name, but the same results, nothing!

Since I received the letter that says
"This letter confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class was received
by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at the Case Processing Centre in
Mississauga on behalf of the following family member(s): XXXX ...", our record should be there available, or I am missing something?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers!

kirantejoday

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Nomination.....
File Transfer...
26-02-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
30.03.2015 And 3 rd line update on 08.04.2015
Passport Req..
28.05.2015 and DM on also 28.05.2015
VISA ISSUED...
passport submitted on 3 June and received on 13 June
LANDED..........
Landed in Canada OCT 2015
Hello Everyone, I am in need of desperate help!!
I have submitted the application back on Nov 2021. I was asked to resubmit several documents back in May 2021 (which I did). I just got another email from them 2 days ago asking for two more documents that I already provided.
One is my marriage certificate (I have canadian marriage certificate) and second is my Mom's Resume. My mother has never had a job, she has been a home maker all her life. I still prepared one pager listing her personal information and the fact she has been a home maker. I am not sure what else they are asking for. Can someone please share some insights on this.?? may be I missing something ??

Thank you in advance for all the comments and guidance!!
For your mother resume start with school years..provide school name and address.

Do not left any blank periods. Means after finishing school or college - shows your Grandparent home address with homemaker then after marriage to till date- provide as home maker.

Make sure this info should match with your other forms.

kirantejoday

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Nomination.....
File Transfer...
26-02-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Can anybody tell how and where to obtain a property valuation certificate from chennai, India. Can anyone please share their recent experience in getting this document. What documents are to be submitted to prove strong ties to home country.
Contact any CA , ask him that I need property evaluation.

kirantejoday

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Nomination.....
File Transfer...
26-02-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Could someone please inform if below document request below only requires voter-id pdf for my dad and mother plus relationship proof with my mom/dad like my birth certificate as well?

"Proof of Relationship: Document proving your relationship with your inviter/family member. As proof of relationship to your spouse please provide the Voter’s ID card for yourself and your spouse." THIS ALL SENTENCES SHOULD BELOW PRINCIPLE APPLICANT NAME IN YOUR LETTERthen you only need your parents voters ID only.

Other Question in all the request letter the address is my Canada address, should i provide latest address of my father and mother in India as well?

Any input would greatly help me in my PGPR process.
Read letter carefully. Look like they are asking your parent's proof of relationship- so both voters ID should be OK.see above my comments in Capital letter.

But if they are asking your relationship proof with parents then they will clearly ask in letter that you need Birth certificate or school leaving certificate, diploma, etc...in summary read letter carefully.

alamzadeh

May 24, 2022
The GCkey status changed for us today to Application/profile updated but nothing has changed and no letter was received. Is that case for anybody? The latest update is medical passed from June.

am84pm

Oct 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How is a sponsor able to login
Hi there,
I have applied for sponsoring my parents. On August 18, I received an email which states

Mississauga on behalf of the following family member(s): XXXX ...".

Then a day later, they sent me another letter that says:

"Dear XXXXXX,
This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of
XXXXXXX and family (if applicable). We are not able to process your application as it is
incomplete.
After a preliminary review of your application, the following has been deemed required:

Please provide a copy of your marriage certificate (for the sponsor and co-signer)"

I used my wife as a co-signer and I did not submit our marriage certificate. This is no problem as I emailed them our marriage certificate today.

The question that I have and I appreciate it if anyone could help me with is that in the letter it says:

"Please only submit the requested information and documents via one of the following methods:
1. For instant updates, submit your documents via IRCC secure account (MyCIC) at:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html"

There are also other methods to submit the document (using the email or online forum), however, I wanted to actually use the IRCC secure account to submit the document for an instant update, however, the system could not link my information (as sponsor) or my dad (the applicant). So, I am aware of linking the application and stuff. I have also an IRCC secure account. It just seems like it can't find our application to link to it. I used the application number and UCI number that they stated in the letter they sent me. I also tried using the application number and family name, but the same results, nothing!

Since I received the letter that says
Mississauga on behalf of the following family member(s): XXXX ...", our record should be there available, or I am missing something?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers!
For anyone having the same issue as me, enter the number of family members as the applicant + any dependant + you as sponsor + co-signer. Do not include your children.

Hope it helps! I am now able to see the application as the applicant.

alamzadeh

May 24, 2022
The GCkey status changed for us today to Application/profile updated but nothing has changed and no letter was received. Is that case for anybody? The latest update is medical passed from June.
Now it has changed to "submitted" again. it was like that for half a day. Hopefully, updates are coming soon.

Dime

Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2013
My cousin sponsored her mother (no dependents) using a representative. She received a letter from IRCC to submit the following additional documents as her application is incomplete:
- Schedule A and Additional family info forms for all 3 of her siblings.

Her siblings are all married and are not dependent on her mother.

Is this normal for IRCC to ask for these?

shuangsila

Feb 23, 2015
sponsorship approval received eventually...already passed medical back in july and biometrics in june; never received AOR

looks like somehow they are sending out sponsorship approval after medical/biometrics for whatever reason..same for multiple other applicants

missisauga office

What's the next step?