+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

cgupta123

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Yesterday I sent requested documents to IRCC email but I didn’t receive any automated email. So today again I sent and still did not receive any automated email for acknowledgment.
Is anyone having same issue?
should I need to contact IRCC?
Same here .. i guess we just have to wait and pray

parmar01

Apr 18, 2022
Hey guys, i need advise regarding applying for visitor visa.

I have submitted my parents application for PR in December 2021. I was wondering if i can apply for visitor visa for them or will it get rejected on basis that you have applied for PR already? The PR application is going to take almost 2.5 years lol. They just want to visit in summer for few weeks. Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks
You can submit visitor visa application if you have submitted PGP application. I have heard normally, officers refused visa if your application for PR is in process. However, my parents got their Super Visa while the application of PGP is in process.

G32shaila

Star Member
Mar 2, 2022

I have submitted my parents application for PR in December 2021. I was wondering if i can apply for visitor visa for them or will it get rejected on basis that you have applied for PR already? The PR application is going to take almost 2.5 years lol. They just want to visit in summer for few weeks. Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks

Cal_gary_PR

Jul 2, 2014
Under “status,” do you see the line “updated at: …”? At the bottom of the page, my notes show “updated at: 2022-04-08 03:10:04” It used to show “updated at: 2022-01-29” I guess the “updated at” line shows the last time the case worker opened the file.
Some people said that they could see which documents were incomplete and returned in the “documents” section. Do you see that in your notes? All my documents used to show “null” and the date for each document was shown as the date when I uploaded the specific documents. Now all documents show “document approved: true” and “updated at: 2022-04-08 03:10:04”
Thanks again - it worked !

Reactions: ScarletSails

Cal_gary_PR

Jul 2, 2014
Has anyone submitted IMM5475 Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual (If Applicable) for the PGP PR 2021?

This is the only form that shows 'Incomplete' in my parents' application which shows 'Returned' status. I've not heard back from CIC's web form.

My mom (PA) did not get any other email from CIC explaining the issue. I know IMM5475 was not part of the checklist; however, there does not appear any error on my fully signed form.

Moreover, the 'Consent and Declaration' shows incomplete too.

Anyone else in the same boat? Any idea what should I do next - I am unable to re-upload the form. Do I just delete the form or send another IMM5475 via CIC's webform?

Also, when I hit 'View Application' it gives the following warning message below:
"Submissions for this category are now closed. Your application cannot be submitted as the category you are applying for is now closed. Please refer to the application guide for further details."

Thanks,

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Has anyone submitted IMM5475 Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual (If Applicable) for the PGP PR 2021?

This is the only form that shows 'Incomplete' in my parents' application which shows 'Returned' status. I've not heard back from CIC's web form.

My mom (PA) did not get any other email from CIC explaining the issue. I know IMM5475 was not part of the checklist; however, there does not appear any error on my fully signed form.

Moreover, the 'Consent and Declaration' shows incomplete too.

Anyone else in the same boat? Any idea what should I do next - I am unable to re-upload the form. Do I just delete the form or send another IMM5475 via CIC's webform?

Also, when I hit 'View Application' it gives the following warning message below:
"Submissions for this category are now closed. Your application cannot be submitted as the category you are applying for is now closed. Please refer to the application guide for further details."

Thanks,
My suggestion is to wait until IRCC contact you Because for me Since March IRCC send me email twice for imcomplete form and requested document.

Reactions: Cal_gary_PR

Sandhun

Aug 22, 2018
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
MISSISSAGA
App. Filed.......
08-11-2021
Hi everyone,

This might not be the right thread to post but hopefully some of you might have an answer for me. My wife is a Canadian Permanent resident and we planned a trip to US in end of April. She already has a US visitor visa and on a Pakistani passport. We just found that her passport will be expiring in August which is less than the 6 months period many countries require for your passport to be valid before they allow travelling.

Any one here have any experience if the US would allow entry and if they do then would she be allowed to return back to Canada by Canadian border agents?

Thank you
I don’t think so there will be any issue, may be they will give you I94 till the expiry date of the passport.

Reactions: mubashirathar56

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thanks
Their TRV application will be considered like any other application. As long as they can show they have the funds to support their stay, have strong ties to their home country like property, dependent family members, jobs, etc.) and previous international travel to countries like US, UK, Canada, NZ, Australia, etc. they have a good chance of approval. If they only want to come for the summer for a weeks chances are even higher.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can submit visitor visa application if you have submitted PGP application. I have heard normally, officers refused visa if your application for PR is in process. However, my parents got their Super Visa while the application of PGP is in process.
That is more of an issue for spouses of Canadian citizens or PRs not parents as long as they have strong ties to their home country.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
After checking F12, my status changed to "Complete" and Case 10. What does this mean? Thank you.
My parents also recently applied for extension of their visa and had their medical done, can I use their medical for PGP application? Thank you.
They can use the same medical as long is it is within a year from the date of the medical. Realistically a second medical will likely be required to finalize PGP but you may be able to skip the first one. The system won’t recognize that they still have a valid medical so when they get a medical request send a webform indicating they have done a medical on X date as part of their TRV that is still valid.

microbio1

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
I think it means the case worker started reviewing your documents and hopefully you will receive an update soon.
When was your application last updated? (What do you see on the line “updated at …”?)
From what some people shared, IRCC has been using past medical exam which was completed in the past few years (from super visa/ visa extension application) for PGP application. I hope your parents will not have to complete medical exam again.
Hi,
Thank you.
It was updated last week, April 14, 2022. For the medical exam, should I submit it via webform? My parents are here and just had their medical for extension last month.

Reactions: ScarletSails

microbio1

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
They can use the same medical as long is it is within a year from the date of the medical. Realistically a second medical will likely be required to finalize PGP but you may be able to skip the first one. The system won’t recognize that they still have a valid medical so when they get a medical request send a webform indicating they have done a medical on X date as part of their TRV that is still valid.
Got it thank you. Once I received the medical will submit their current medical via webform. They just completed the medical last month for their visitor visa extension.

Apr 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11, 2015
AOR Received.
February 2, 2016 (AOR 1) AOR2 May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
February 16, 2016 (Feb 22nd File received in Manila Visa Office)
Med's Done....
December 7, 2015
Passport Req..
September 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
October 3, 2016
LANDED..........
October 23, 2016
Hi,
Thank you.
It was updated last week, April 14, 2022. For the medical exam, should I submit it via webform? My parents are here and just had their medical for extension last month.
Hi! Did you receive ghost email? Or you only see updates using f12 trick? Thanks