+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

microbio1

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Did you include Email as the preferred means of correspondence? I am not sure they send mail/document to home address. If there is anything needing the applicants attention, they would send a notification to the email address provided.
Hi,

Yes, I included my email for correspondence. I was talking to their new residence address. Should I update it as well? So they can do the medical here instead in foreign country? Thank you.

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Hi,
I applied my parents for sponsorship last Oct 1, 2021. But they already here in Canada under tourist visa. What is the particular form that I need to fill-out to update their mailing address, as I wanted to receive all communication here in canada instead their foreign mailing address.

Thank you.
this process can take 20-24 month to be finalised and since your parents are in Canada on a tourist visa are you assuming that they will be staying for the whole period until they receive the approval ?in all cases the requirements of a medical test are under a specific panel of physicians meaning that you have to look for a Dr under this panel to do the test ,so you can select anyone from this list .as for changing the address of your parents please remember that the address that you are referring to for your parents is the permanent resident address of the country where you are considered legally a permanent resident if the country and not if you happen to be travelling to a different country under a tourist visa status,but my thought is that if they happen to be in any country where a physician panel exist or approved by them you can do it in all cases ( and in this case if they happen to be in canada it wont be an issue ).in all cases give the immigration a call to ask that if your parents happens to be here when they ask you for a medical if you can do it here ...we all have at least 20-24 month before the D day.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

microbio1

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
this process can take 20-24 month to be finalised and since your parents are in Canada on a tourist visa are you assuming that they will be staying for the whole period until they receive the approval ?in all cases the requirements of a medical test are under a specific panel of physicians meaning that you have to look for a Dr under this panel to do the test ,so you can select anyone from this list .as for changing the address of your parents please remember that the address that you are referring to for your parents is the permanent resident address of the country where you are considered legally a permanent resident if the country and not if you happen to be travelling to a different country under a tourist visa status,but my thought is that if they happen to be in any country where a physician panel exist or approved by them you can do it in all cases ( and in this case if they happen to be in canada it wont be an issue ).in all cases give the immigration a call to ask that if your parents happens to be here when they ask you for a medical if you can do it here ...we all have at least 20-24 month before the D day.
Got it, thank you.

YashviS

Jan 6, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-08-2016
File Transfer...
08-08-2016
Med's Done....
02-08-2016
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
I applied for parents sponsorship on 25th Nov- haven't received any update yet.
Is it same like PR and citizenship application where you get AOR after 2 3 months of submission?

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Submitted on Nov 24 and nothing yet!

Just curious - I gave my SIN so that they can do the income calculations. Based on my own calculations, I should be good for 2018, 2019 and 2020 as we havent filed taxes for 2021 yet. But I somehow met the threshold for 2018 by 3K! Do you know if they do any other calculations or just use the line 150 from NOA?

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Submitted on Nov 24 and nothing yet!

Just curious - I gave my SIN so that they can do the income calculations. Based on my own calculations, I should be good for 2018, 2019 and 2020 as we havent filed taxes for 2021 yet. But I somehow met the threshold for 2018 by 3K! Do you know if they do any other calculations or just use the line 150 from NOA?
the calculation is based on the total gross income of the mentioned years if you meet it on the dot then you meet it .

Reactions: montrealhoysala

Anne21

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
I submitted the application October 13.. Today I was able to link to GCKey. There is application number already. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: kafepoche

hassan905

May 7, 2014
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31st July 2014
Nomination.....
25th Nov 2014(PER)
Med's Request
5th Feb 2015
Med's Done....
18th Feb 2015
Interview........
Waived alhamdullilah
Passport Req..
6th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah soon
I submitted the application October 13.. Today I was able to link to GCKey. There is application number already. Good luck everyone!
Thats quick ! What country do your parents reside and what province are you in ?

Anne21

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
Hi, is it online application and how to link to GC key. If we get file number, does it signify any progress
Yes, online application submitted last October 13.

I used the Principal Applicant’s Name, Birthday and Passport.

As per experience in PGP 2019, it means they are staring to process your application coz with AOR it will tell you that your are included on 2021 intake and it includes your Application number on the letter.

Last edited: