+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

harmankanneda

Apr 21, 2017
Hi everyone,
I got a letter(mail) few days ago on my address in Canada approving me as sponsor for my Parents.
The letter said cic will send me a separate request for medical and I haven’t received anything yet. I checked online tool for application status and it says the medical request was sent out in 28th November 2021.

I later noticed that the PA email was incorrect in the imm008 form and wondering if I will get a physical letter since the email ID given was invalid(I sent test mail to check and since it was not a valid email I actually ended up creating that email ID)

I am wondering what could be my best next steps or if I should wait for few days tosee if I get the medical letter by mail to my address in Canada.
My parents are in India.

Your feedback will be highly valuable for me and much appreciated

thanks in advance!

Asi202112

Dec 4, 2021
Hello please help with this. If I need additional space in form IMM 5406 F (Additional Family Info) in section B (Children list), how I attach the separate sheet as this form needs to be submitted digitally without printing or scanning. So do I just put the remaining information about children in a blank white page, scan and upload it under "other" documents or is there any way I can generate a separate sheet within that original digital form and submit together? Or do I just print an extra IMM 5406 form online & put the remaining information about children in that extra copy and upload it as other document? Someone who needed extra space in IMM 5406, please advice me how you managed that. Thank you very much.

Aug 4, 2012
Spanish Town
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2012
Doc's Request.
11-25-13
AOR Received.
15-10-2012
File Transfer...
January 2013
Med's Request
11-25-13
Med's Done....
February or March(can't remember) Redo it Dec 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
05-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2014 (collected 25-02-2014)
Hi everyone,
I got a letter(mail) few days ago on my address in Canada approving me as sponsor for my Parents.
The letter said cic will send me a separate request for medical and I haven’t received anything yet. I checked online tool for application status and it says the medical request was sent out in 28th November 2021.

I later noticed that the PA email was incorrect in the imm008 form and wondering if I will get a physical letter since the email ID given was invalid(I sent test mail to check and since it was not a valid email I actually ended up creating that email ID)

I am wondering what could be my best next steps or if I should wait for few days tosee if I get the medical letter by mail to my address in Canada.
My parents are in India.

thanks in advance!
What is your timeline?

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

My parents are in India.

thanks in advance!
When did you submit your sponsorship application?

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received the invite back in September but am working on the application now as the deadline is tomorrow.... just a quick question - Am I considered as my father's dependant? The form is very confusing... it says include all family members including who's already Canadian citizen or permanent resident. Should I add myself to the dependent list as well?

My father is the principle applicant and my mom is his dependant. Thanks a lot.

akd2250

Sep 21, 2021
Toronto
Hi ,
Wondering if anyone can answer my question! I submitted my parents application but I noticed that I forgot to submit their marriage certificate. Is there any way if I be able to add missing document or they’re going to return my application??!!!
no need to worry they usually ask for this information during the process. we had the same case when we filled my in laws application and they asked for our marriage certificate later. they wont punish you for missing documents.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

akd2250

Sep 21, 2021
Toronto
Hello please help with this. How I digitally type in the Applicants name in native language in Form IMM 0008, IMM 5669 Bacground /Declaration? I only have english keyboard in my laptop but no Bangla keyboard. Do we first write the names in english, print the form and hand write the names in Native language and scan it back for uploading? Really confused here. Please someone help me with this. IRCC wants us to digitally fill and submit those forms. Thanks
we used our phone and send message on whatsapp. then open whatsapp web on your laptop/computer and the copy and paste

syedgj

Aug 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad (unfortunately)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-11
Doc's Request.
7-Jul-12
File Transfer...
7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
I received the invite back in September but am working on the application now as the deadline is tomorrow.... just a quick question - Am I considered as my father's dependant? The form is very confusing... it says include all family members including who's already Canadian citizen or permanent resident. Should I add myself to the dependent list as well?

My father is the principle applicant and my mom is his dependant. Thanks a lot.
The forms are extremely confusing. My interpretation is that they're asking for dependents which accordingly to how CIC defines it is someone who is financially or physically dependent on the applicant. So in that case, no you won't include yourself (unless you are supported by your father).

But I'm not sure of anything with these forms.

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The forms are extremely confusing. My interpretation is that they're asking for dependents which accordingly to how CIC defines it is someone who is financially or physically dependent on the applicant. So in that case, no you won't include yourself (unless you are supported by your father).

But I'm not sure of anything with these forms.
I felt exactly the same!! It also tells you to include all the family members but I could only add dependants to the list... which I don't think I'm a dependant as I sponsor them... Anyway, I ended up just adding my mom as a dependant to my dad.

I just paid $2270 application fees. So expensive....

Aug 4, 2012
Spanish Town
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2012
Doc's Request.
11-25-13
AOR Received.
15-10-2012
File Transfer...
January 2013
Med's Request
11-25-13
Med's Done....
February or March(can't remember) Redo it Dec 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
05-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2014 (collected 25-02-2014)
I filed by March 2021 and got my sponsor approved letter in November.
I’m yet to do the medical and PCC
Ok...give them a call and they can tell you what to do

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just submitted my parents' application. If IRCC return the application as it's incomplete, will I be able to submit it again? Or it has to be "complete" before Dec. 6, 2021?

syedgj

Aug 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-11
Doc's Request.
7-Jul-12
File Transfer...
7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
I just submitted my parents' application. If IRCC return the application as it's incomplete, will I be able to submit it again? Or it has to be "complete" before Dec. 6, 2021?
I'm guessing you'll get a chance to resubmit with the missing documents, although this would slow your timeline down.

Reactions: wstrn24

syedgj

Aug 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-11
Doc's Request.
7-Jul-12
File Transfer...
7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
Hi,

I submitted my application today. But i forgot to submit the invitation letter. So i started another application and submitted it completely. And used the same fees receipt that I used for the first application. Will cic accept my second submission?

Thanks
Did you include a letter explaining the situation in the second application? If not you might have to submit a third application with this letter.. just kidding :)