+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and grandparents sponsorship 2021

Nov 17, 2016
Thank you so much
Also you might be able to help me on this too , so they have also asked for a proof of relation between my mother and father , basically a marriage certificate , but since when my parents got married back in 1984 they couldnt get it registered . So i submit the copy or my mother's passport which has my father's name on it , but they didnt accept it. What other proof can be given in that case? TIA

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also you might be able to help me on this too , so they have also asked for a proof of relation between my mother and father , basically a marriage certificate , but since when my parents got married back in 1984 they couldnt get it registered . So i submit the copy or my mother's passport which has my father's name on it , but they didnt accept it. What other proof can be given in that case? TIA
@Pankajchhabra142 Who did not accept. And are you applying for your parents, brother and sister. Thanks

cookiechan

May 6, 2017
Would they accepted 2021 new applicants that hasn't submitted an interest form in 2020?

The official site states that "We won’t open a new interest to sponsor form in 2021."
Does this means they only take care of the applicants who submitted a form last year?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Would they accepted 2021 new applicants that hasn't submitted an interest form in 2020?

The official site states that "We won’t open a new interest to sponsor form in 2021."
Does this means they only take care of the applicants who submitted a form last year?
Yes, only those who submitted last year. It is not open to apply this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: YVR123

Indian applicant

Jun 29, 2014
I am trying to find our statistical chances of winning in this lottery.
Would someone know
PGP2019 - (1) How many interest to sponsor arrived in 2019. (2) how many were selected. (was it not 5K)
PGP2020 - (1) How many interest to sponsor arrived in 2020. (2) 10K were selected/invited.
PGP2021 - (1) Same as PGP2020 minus 10000 already invited. (2) What is our chance ?

zibranislam

Oct 1, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have received the ITA to apply for parents' PR. My parents are planning to visit Canada by end of this year. The dilemma is, just in case after applying CIC decides to send medical instruction within the next 6 months, I understand the odds are low but I am speaking hypothetically here. My ask is, is it permissible to do a medical examination here in Canada or do they have to return back home to do so? Did anyone experience such a situation in the past? I would appreciate some insight into this.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

I have received the ITA to apply for parents' PR. My parents are planning to visit Canada by end of this year. The dilemma is, just in case after applying CIC decides to send medical instruction within the next 6 months, I understand the odds are low but I am speaking hypothetically here. My ask is, is it permissible to do a medical examination here in Canada or do they have to return back home to do so? Did anyone experience such a situation in the past? I would appreciate some insight into this.
They can get the medical done here.

mamun777

Apr 30, 2014
Hello everyone, if anyone can give my Answer about parents sponsorship fees , I have mom and dad so how much do I need to pay ! It’s says parents fee 1050 ! My question is - is it for both mom and dad or only individuals? Thx in advance

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
@scylla Thank you very much for your response. May I know if there's any reference document that can support your answer!
Who can do your exam

You must see a doctor on the list of panel physicians. Your own doctor can’t do the medical exam.
The panel physician doesn’t make the final decision about your medical exam. We make that decision. If there’s a problem with your medical exam, we’ll contact you in writing.
Find a panel physician to do your exam.

So doesn't matter WHERE, as long as the doctor is on the panel physician list:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

mkdhaliwal

Jun 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2014
Is anyone got applicatiom number for their parents PR?