+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents 10 year visa expiring in July 1st week while here in Canada

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello...My parents came to visit us in January and return by end of June(before expiring of Visa) and now can not travel back to India due to international flight Cancellations. Their 10 year visa expires in the first week of July. Now what process i need to follow to apply for new Visa as well as extension of stay?
Anyone in the same boat with their parents or in laws with you in Canada and want to travel back?
Thanks in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello...My parents came to visit us in January and return by end of June(before expiring of Visa) and now can not travel back to India due to international flight Cancellations. Their 10 year visa expires in the first week of July. Now what process i need to follow to apply for new Visa as well as extension of stay?
Anyone in the same boat with their parents or in laws with you in Canada and want to travel back?
Thanks in advance
They only need to apply for an extension. They don't need to apply for a new TRV.

ghenny

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Thanks in advance
We have the same case. My multiple visa was expire 31st of may but i send application for extention because i was worried but my boyfriend pay for a lawyer. And the lawyer told is that nothing to worry even the visa expire because when you arrived in Canada you have 6 months to stay as long as there is no any date indicated in the stamp they put in the passport.
but if there is date then they should go back or you apply for an extention.
But for the expiry, nothing to worry. Cause its base on when you arrived here. And visitor is good for 6 months.
Hope this help. Take care