+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent visit - previous health issues

Sir_Canadian

Jan 13, 2014
Back in 2010 originally idea was that my mother immigrates to Canada.
Unfortunately she was diagnosed with colon cancer while I was preparing application for her. :(
After everything she's been through she feels well, no sign of cancer (God bless Her!).
Now that immigration is not any more option for her (am I wrong?) I am trying to find right path for her future.
Beside that she had health issues I calculated processing times and came with ridiculous number of ~8 years of waiting. :eek:
Next option would be parent and grandparent super visa. Is previous health issue problem for this type of visa? What are experiences?
I can see that processing times for visitor visa are 36 days (Vienna office). Is that same for Parent and grandparent super visa?
For now, since she would like to visit us ASAP I was thinking that she applies for temporary ( less than 6 month visa) for which she does not need medical exam according to CIC web site:
If you plan to visit for six months or less:
You generally do not require a medical exam, unless you plan to work in certain occupations.

She will not stay more than 6 months this time anyway.
Any advice on what path I should choose right now:
Temp (6 month) visa or parent and grandparent super visa?

If she by chance gets parent and grandparent super visa how is that affecting application for immigration (if we choose and if she is admissible at all)?

Thanks!

prasprime

Dec 16, 2013
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your mom don't need a medical examination. If she is staying less than 6 months.

I suggest you to apply for Visitor visa. Once she is Inside Canada you can apply for parent and grandparent super visa(Not sure).

Sir_Canadian said:
Back in 2010 originally idea was that my mother immigrates to Canada.
Unfortunately she was diagnosed with colon cancer while I was preparing application for her. :(
After everything she's been through she feels well, no sign of cancer (God bless Her!).
Now that immigration is not any more option for her (am I wrong?) I am trying to find right path for her future.
Beside that she had health issues I calculated processing times and came with ridiculous number of ~8 years of waiting. :eek:
Next option would be parent and grandparent super visa. Is previous health issue problem for this type of visa? What are experiences?
I can see that processing times for visitor visa are 36 days (Vienna office). Is that same for Parent and grandparent super visa?
For now, since she would like to visit us ASAP I was thinking that she applies for temporary ( less than 6 month visa) for which she does not need medical exam according to CIC web site:
If you plan to visit for six months or less:
You generally do not require a medical exam, unless you plan to work in certain occupations.

She will not stay more than 6 months this time anyway.
Any advice on what path I should choose right now:
Temp (6 month) visa or parent and grandparent super visa?

If she by chance gets parent and grandparent super visa how is that affecting application for immigration (if we choose and if she is admissible at all)?

Thanks!

crystalzj

Mar 15, 2014
Why did you say'I can see that processing times for visitor visa are 36 days (Vienna office)'?
How do you know that?

sara007

Jan 4, 2013
Hi - Can anyone send me link where it says if you apply for visitor visa(<6 months) you dont need medical exam?

Please advice.

prasprime said:
Your mom don't need a medical examination. If she is staying less than 6 months.

I suggest you to apply for Visitor visa. Once she is Inside Canada you can apply for parent and grandparent super visa(Not sure).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.asp

sara007

Jan 4, 2013
Thanks Scylla.

Can I apply for parents visitor visa (< 6 months), is there any specific category for such visitor visa? (I am on PR)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
sara007 said:
Thanks Scylla.

Can I apply for parents visitor visa (< 6 months), is there any specific category for such visitor visa? (I am on PR)
Once again, please see the link I provided in my other response to yoru questions. The process your parents follow is explained there. The process for them is the same as the process for anyone else.