+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parent travelling to Canada

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
Need advice please

I am permanent resident and my husband and kids are Canadian citizens by birth. My mother wants to come for a visit/ help with my newborn son. I understand that she can enter Canada, as she's staying longer than 14 days and we have a big house that will be enough to self isolate for everyone.
The plan is that she would land in Vancouver and take a plane to Edmonton where we meet her and drive home and stay at home for 2 weeks.

I just want to make sure that we know everything before we buy the tickets and start the journey across the world.
Thanks in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Need advice please

I am permanent resident and my husband and kids are Canadian citizens by birth. My mother wants to come for a visit/ help with my newborn son. I understand that she can enter Canada, as she's staying longer than 14 days and we have a big house that will be enough to self isolate for everyone.
The plan is that she would land in Vancouver and take a plane to Edmonton where we meet her and drive home and stay at home for 2 weeks.

I just want to make sure that we know everything before we buy the tickets and start the journey across the world.
Thanks in advance
Yes, she can come to Canada as long as she has a valid eTA or TRV.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment as well given situation is constantly changing but not aware that there is currently any Canadian government requirement for a swab test to board a plane although of course should assume a mask must be warn for the duration of a flight and within any airport. Cannot of course comment about any home country requirements or any outside Canada transit point requirements you would need to check with the airline given they may have temperature checks for example.

She will complete immigration formalities in Vancouver so should be prepared to discuss her isolation plan there and must remain airside during the wait for the flight onward to Edmonton. Plus of course at airline checkin in home country will need to show she is an immediate family member and authorised to travel.

If in doubt always ask the airline given this is of course just a public forum and the airline will have current guidance for checkin/boarding/transit.