28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
kwyatt75 said:
Does this mean that you have to be living in Canada and must have filed your annual taxes 3 years before you can even apply? If so, that sucks, big time. It is such a long process to begin with, and if this is the case then that means we have to add another 3 years to process. Argh. :mad:
Yes - you must meet this requirement in order to sponsor them for permanent residency (unless you are living in Quebec in which case only one year is required). Note that you actually have to add 4 years to the process (not 3). This is because not only do you need to hold a job in Canada for three years that meets the required income amount - but you also need to have completed your taxes for all three years. So you have to build in an additional year of waiting due to the tax returns.

However if all you're looking to do is bring them here on a super visa, then you can do that as soon as you have a job in Canada (no three year wait).

kwyatt75

Apr 6, 2015
TEXAS
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 24, 2014
Doc's Request.
June 02, 2015 (MR, RPRF, & PCC for Spouse)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER - March 22, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent w/Application: L-8.5, R-9.0, W-9.0, S-8.5
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
June 02, 2015
Med's Done....
June 19, 2015; TLU (Medical results have been received): July 20, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Required as I was a US Citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Issued Jan 07, 2016 - Arrived in Mail Jan 21, 2016
LANDED..........
June 19, 2016 - FINALLY - HURRAY!!!!
scylla said:
Yes - you must meet this requirement in order to sponsor them for permanent residency (unless you are living in Quebec in which case only one year is required). Note that you actually have to add 4 years to the process (not 3). This is because not only do you need to hold a job in Canada for three years that meets the required income amount - but you also need to have completed your taxes for all three years. So you have to build in an additional year of waiting due to the tax returns.

However if all you're looking to do is bring them here on a super visa, then you can do that as soon as you have a job in Canada (no three year wait).
Bummer...even longer. Makes sense on the 4 vs 3 years. Yeah, I know there is the super visa, but the question I have about that is on health coverage. Are parents who hold a Super Visa eligible for healthcare like OHIP, for example? I know this would make them temporary residents. I can't seem to find info that explicitly explains this. What I do see on the CIC website is that when you apply for a Super Visa you are required to have an immigration medical exam. That would seem to indicate that they would be eligible. Why would you have to submit to one otherwise if you are from a country that wouldn't normally require one (USA). Just another thought...I wonder if they would have to be Canadian returns or if a person could use USA-IRS tax filings from previous years.

Aspirant_CAN

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Feb 03, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 01, 2016
Passport Req..
Sept 01, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 07, 2016
LANDED..........
Oct 22, 2016
Guys, will my parents be able to do some work in Canada during their visit if they come on Supervisa?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Aspirant_CAN said:
Guys, will my parents be able to do some work in Canada during their visit if they come on Supervisa?
No - they certainly won't. It's illegal for them to work while in Canada on a super visa.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
kwyatt75 said:
Bummer...even longer. Makes sense on the 4 vs 3 years. Yeah, I know there is the super visa, but the question I have about that is on health coverage. Are parents who hold a Super Visa eligible for healthcare like OHIP, for example?
No - they are not eligible for healthcare.

yvr1234

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-10-2013
scylla said:
No - they are not eligible for healthcare.
And on top of that, they need to purchase private health insurance for Super Visa.

ahmesia

Jun 19, 2016
Hi,

I have a question on super visa for my parents. My parents have a valid passport till 2022. They came to Canada in 2013 June on super visa and stayed for a year. Then they returned to Pakistan in June 2014. Now they want to come back to Canada for another year. I know that the super visa is valid for 10 years but they were told that they cannot stay longer than 2 years. On the super visa sticker it says 4 years and its expiring in June 2017. What can they do to come back? Based on the previous posts its clear that I or they do not need to apply again for super visa. So do they need to just book a flight and come to Canada. Also will they need another private insurance certificate?

shampy2009

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
kwyatt75 said:
Bummer...even longer. Makes sense on the 4 vs 3 years. Yeah, I know there is the super visa, but the question I have about that is on health coverage.
Are parents who hold a Super Visa eligible for healthcare like OHIP, for example? I know this would make them temporary residents.

(Why a temporary resident should be benefited for free healthcare who doesn't have paid a single penny towards to the healthcare system?)

I can't seem to find info that explicitly explains this. What I do see on the CIC website is that when you apply for a Super Visa you are required to have an immigration medical exam. That would seem to indicate that they would be eligible. Why would you have to submit to one otherwise if you are from a country that wouldn't normally require one (USA). Just another thought...

Right, TRV is usually for 6 months and don't require any medical..Since SuperVisa allows to stay more than a year, medical is mandatory... Usually for Supervisa, local DMP's perform all tests including TMT/ECO based on the age factor and health history that would give them an indication whether they should allow the VISA as most of the Canadian Insurance companies don't cover any major symptoms, if does, premium will be much higher that's not affordable or they don't cover/meaning if during any mis-happening that's a burden to the Canadian healthcare system.
I wonder if they would have to be Canadian returns or if a person could use USA-IRS tax filings from previous years.
they have to have Canadian tax filings as they don't follow US law.
No - they are not eligible for healthcare,
And on top of that, they need to purchase private health insurance for Super Visa. (Before applying for Super VISA) and you have to pay in advance for full year/ some Insurance companies offer monthly plans.

kwyatt75

Apr 6, 2015
TEXAS
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 24, 2014
Doc's Request.
June 02, 2015 (MR, RPRF, & PCC for Spouse)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER - March 22, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent w/Application: L-8.5, R-9.0, W-9.0, S-8.5
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
June 02, 2015
Med's Done....
June 19, 2015; TLU (Medical results have been received): July 20, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Required as I was a US Citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Issued Jan 07, 2016 - Arrived in Mail Jan 21, 2016
LANDED..........
June 19, 2016 - FINALLY - HURRAY!!!!
shampy2009 said:
(Why a temporary resident should be benefited for free healthcare who doesn't have paid a single penny towards to the healthcare system?)
The same reason anyone else coming to Canada qualifies...though they are new, they will be paying taxes just like everyone else. Besides the 3-month waiting period, why not, considering they will pay taxes and contribute to the economy? I know it isn't that way, but it isn't completely ridiculous to think that it could be.

M

mikeymyke

kwyatt75 said:
The same reason anyone else coming to Canada qualifies...though they are new, they will be paying taxes just like everyone else. Besides the 3-month waiting period, why not, considering they will pay taxes and contribute to the economy? I know it isn't that way, but it isn't completely ridiculous to think that it could be.
If your parents are coming here on the super visa, they're not allowed to be working, so they won't be able to pay any taxes into the system anyway.

Also if you're sponsoring your parents, I don't know how long it normally takes for folks in the US, but for other countries, typically it takes about 4 years as mentioned, just for the income requirement of sponsor, plus another 4-5 years processing. So it'd be total 8-9 years from the time you start working in Canada until your parents will land as PRs

shampy2009

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
kwyatt75 said:
The same reason anyone else coming to Canada qualifies...though they are new, they will be paying taxes just like everyone else. (Didn't Understand what you mean? your'e referring a new Immigrant as a PR?)

Besides the 3-month waiting period, why not, considering they will pay taxes and contribute to the economy? ( Really don't know what are you referring to?) I know it isn't that way, but it isn't completely ridiculous to think that it could be.

MommyBear888

May 8, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2015
Doc's Request.
23-05-2015
Passport Req..
23-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2015
LANDED..........
12-01-2016
Question on Super Visa

Hi guys! Just want to ask, what is the best way, i mean the fastest way to submit an application for super visa? Online or at the canadian embassy in the philippines at makati personally or is it supposed to be mailed? I really have no idea where to begin. Also, if my parent is intended to stay for 2 years, does she need to submit an insurance premium for 2 years already? What insurance can you suggest?

magicssem

Jan 6, 2017
jhutti said:
1> technically they can just go out for 1 day and come back again to stay for 2 years. But good to have a one month gap. I say a friend parents , they stay for a year then went back for month and come back again to stay for 2 years

My mom got the super visa and it will get a stamp from entry right?
It can be stay up to 2years and she is plan to come back since my sister's health issue.. is it ok to coming back within a month?

Jan 25, 2017
My sister applied for both my parents and brother in mid of January 2016 as PR and we received a letter end of November, 2016 wrote that need to test DNA for proving relationship with my sister. So we paid the fees and waiting for sample collection, now it's under process. At the mean time my sister wants to apply for tourist visa for my parents. Is the any conflict for the both process..................
Suggestion will be highly appreciable