+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent Super Visa Question. Please advice.

Rkhadka45

Jan 2, 2020
Hi there,
My mother got her super visa approved finally after one and half years but my father's application who is the primary applicant is still in process. We have applied on January 2022.
My mother visa got approved August 2023 and her medical is valid till July 14, 2024. I have been hearing that she has to come before her medical expires as part of first time entry. It does not make sense to me though. Is that really true? I think there could be a way we can re-do the medical for her after July 14, 2024 if needed.
Please advise.

christina19

Feb 16, 2023
Hello, did u apply for them as a single file? because I have the same situation and they applied March 2022 and I still haven't got any response yet.

Rkhadka45

Jan 2, 2020
Hello, did u apply for them as a single file? because I have the same situation and they applied March 2022 and I still haven't got any response yet.
Yeah same application. My father is the primary applicant. The have so far only approved my mother's application though.

christina19

Feb 16, 2023
because I applied for them as a single file with my dad being the primary applicant. but they haven't approved any application yet, when I checked with the MP office they said my mother's file is dependent on my dad's so it won't get approved unless my father gets approved.

christina19

Feb 16, 2023
the problem is they applied back in March 2022 and I'm still waiting until now with no positive response at all and their medical exam will get expired at the end of this month.

Rkhadka45

Jan 2, 2020
Oh that should not be the case. Although the file is same they are treated almost as separate application in terms of eligibility, background checks and stuffs.

Rkhadka45

Jan 2, 2020
the problem is they applied back in March 2022 and I'm still waiting until now with no positive response at all and their medical exam will get expired at the end of this month.
Yeah my father's application will run into same situation in couple month but I think IRCC will know that the medical have expired for the application in process. So may be they will request to do another one. Hoping we get some answers here.

JesuS-LorD

Sep 8, 2023
hi, supervisa medical for my mom is valid at the time of application is submitted (and PASSED from previous application) but expiring in 3 days. do you know if they are gonna ask for a new one.

nishatmohamedfami

Star Member
Aug 4, 2018
Hi there,
My mother got her super visa approved finally after one and half years but my father's application who is the primary applicant is still in process. We have applied on January 2022.
My mother visa got approved August 2023 and her medical is valid till July 14, 2024. I have been hearing that she has to come before her medical expires as part of first time entry. It does not make sense to me though. Is that really true? I think there could be a way we can re-do the medical for her after July 14, 2024 if needed.
Please advise.
@Rkhadka45 any particular reason why it took so long. i 've applied last week

Rkhadka45

Jan 2, 2020
Hi...any particular reason why it took so long..
My father is a retired Army and my MP office tod me that IRCC is doing background check. I understand they need to do their checks but more than 2 years is absolutely off limit. In fact my father had visited me to US as visitor so he has travelled since retirement so it does not make sense to me on why it would take Canada this long.

Rkhadka45

Jan 2, 2020
Hey Guys,
Does anyone know if the medical can be done again after it expires or does my has to come to Canada before it expires as this would be her first time. Please help. I have been trying to find answers for this for a while now but noone seem to give me a convincing and we are running out of time