+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent sponsorship/ work permit

naomi20

Dec 31, 2019
Hello, my mum is a regular visitor in canada as her 3 children are here as citizens/pr. She visit once a year to take care of her grandkids for a couple of months. Last year, she visited when I had a baby but got stuck as she couldn’t return because of Covid- airline refused to operate. We sent all evidence to immigration and applied for an extension.
my question is: can we apply for a work permit from here ( read something online about temp visitors that can apply)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, my mum is a regular visitor in canada as her 3 children are here as citizens/pr. She visit once a year to take care of her grandkids for a couple of months. Last year, she visited when I had a baby but got stuck as she couldn’t return because of Covid- airline refused to operate. We sent all evidence to immigration and applied for an extension.
my question is: can we apply for a work permit from here ( read something online about temp visitors that can apply)
She does not qualify for an open work permit. If she wants to qualify for a closed work permit tied to a specific employer, she needs a job offer from an employer and an approved LMIA from that employer as well.

The rule you read about only applies to TRPs (not TRVs). A TRP is a special class of visa reserved for those who are otherwise inadmissible to Canada, typically due to a crime.

naomi20

Dec 31, 2019
She does not qualify for an open work permit. If she wants to qualify for a closed work permit tied to a specific employer, she needs a job offer from an employer and an approved LMIA from that employer as well.

The rule you read about only applies to TRPs (not TRVs). A TRP is a special class of visa reserved for those who are otherwise inadmissible to Canada, typically due to a crime.
Thanks so much for the prompt response @ Scylla . Appreciated