+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent sponsorship requirement

handap2

Jan 29, 2014
Does a person have to live in Canada for the entire application processing time of Parents sponsorship application?
Can you go for short university certificate program to US?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Does a person have to live in Canada for the entire application processing time of Parents sponsorship application?
Can you go for short university certificate program to US?
Yes, you need to be living in Canada. How long is the program? If it's a month or so, then you're fine. You want to avoid leaving Canada for several months.

Reactions: YVR123

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Yes, you need to be living in Canada. How long is the program? If it's a month or so, then you're fine. You want to avoid leaving Canada for several months.
I'm currently out of Canada (Since September) and planning to come back end of December.

Can I still submit the interest to sponsor my family next week?

This is very surprising..

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
I'm currently out of Canada (Since September) and planning to come back end of December.

Can I still submit the interest to sponsor my family next week?

This is very surprising..
Why is it surprising to have to live in the country if you want to sponsor your parents to move here? It's not a program to be able to set up your parents in Canada, move away and expect the government/social programs to look after them - it's so that you can support their stay in Canada when they come here.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Why is it surprising to have to live in the country if you want to sponsor your parents to move here? It's not a program to be able to set up your parents in Canada, move away and expect the government/social programs to look after them - it's so that you can support their stay in Canada when they come here.
I'm already living in Canada but right now I'm outside for only 3 months for family matter.

I'm coming back at the end of December.

What I meant is that I don't see any line on their website that says I need to be in Canada when applying