+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent sponsorship IMM5406

Ehab515

Oct 14, 2019
Hello everyone;

I am sponsoring my mother and I've submitted my file about two months ago. It came back saying it contained incomplete information, related to this form, "IMM5406".

I have four brothers and sisters, and the IRCC asked me to submit a form for each one of them, which I didn't do prior, as I only did my mothers form.

My question is, who's going to be the principal applicant in each one of my brothers and sisters forms. Is it my mother in each form, or the person who is filling said form?

Thank You
- Ehab

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone;

I am sponsoring my mother and I've submitted my file about two months ago. It came back saying it contained incomplete information, related to this form, "IMM5406".

I have four brothers and sisters, and the IRCC asked me to submit a form for each one of them, which I didn't do prior, as I only did my mothers form.

My question is, who's going to be the principal applicant in each one of my brothers and sisters forms. Is it my mother in each form, or the person who is filling said form?

Thank You
- Ehab
Only dependent children over 18 are required to fill out IMM5406.

Did your mother fill out all fields in the form?

Ehab515

Oct 14, 2019

She didn’t send the names of her children in the native language. And she didn’t add me ( The sponsor) as one of her children on the form.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
She didn’t send the names of her children in the native language. And she didn’t add me ( The sponsor) as one of her children on the form.
That is why it was returned. Your siblings don't submit the form unless they are over 18 AND included as dependents.

She needs to fill it out fully.

pjabel

Jun 25, 2019

hello, Im really confused and need some clarification. I just got an email from Citizenship and immigration Canada asking to complete IMM5406 form. I am the sponsor and my mom is the applicant. She already filled up the form and listed myself and my 3 siblings which is over 18 years old . We, the children did not fill up the forms since we dont qualify as dependent although we are 18 years + (we are financially dependent to our mother). Are, we still going to fill up the form? if so, who's going to be the principal applicant in each one of my brothers and sisters forms? Do we still have to list my mother name as the applicant? or the name of the person who is filling up the form? In Section A, first row under RELATIONSHIP column is shown as "applicant". I also noticed that in the original form we submitted I forgot to put in SECTION B the "relationship" (example, daughter, son) - is this perhaps the information missing that the CIC referring to? Your response and feedback is much appreciated. THANKS

pjabel

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hello, Im really confused and need some clarification. I just got an email from Citizenship and immigration Canada asking to complete IMM5406 form. I am the sponsor and my mom is the applicant. She already filled up the form and listed myself and my 3 siblings which is over 18 years old . We, the children did not fill up the forms since we dont qualify as dependent although we are 18 years + (we are financially dependent to our mother). Are, we still going to fill up the form? if so, who's going to be the principal applicant in each one of my brothers and sisters forms? Do we still have to list my mother name as the applicant? or the name of the person who is filling up the form? In Section A, first row under RELATIONSHIP column is shown as "applicant". I also noticed that in the original form we submitted I forgot to put in SECTION B the "relationship" (example, daughter, son) - is this perhaps the information missing that the CIC referring to? Your response and feedback is much appreciated. THANKS

pjabel
As I already stated, non-dependents don't fill it out.

Yes, the missing information is why a new one is required. Make sure it is properly filled out this time.

pjabel

Jun 25, 2019

Yes, the missing information is why a new one is required. Make sure it is properly filled out this time.

thank you for the prompt response, much appreciated!!!