+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent Sponsorship Forms questions help!!!Please!!

raifam

Dec 11, 2011
Hello
please help me with some questions for the forms for my parents sponsorship.
I have applied for them in September 2007 and recently received a letter with requesting some information/forms
within 90 days. :)

There is a form IMM 5669 SCHEDULE A BACKGROUND/DECLARATION

For both of my parents I need to fill out details about their parents. My parents are both in their 70s.
My parents are from India but immigrated to Europe in early 70s.
My dad was 3 years old when his parents died and he was raised by a family member. My dad has no documents showing the date of birth
for his parents.
Long story short, they do not have the info or remember what their parents date of birth or date of death was.(at least for my
dads parents) Mums we have some information.
Will it be sufficient to fill out all the info we have and write an explanation about the info which is missing and why. And/or what is the best way
to approach this?

PERSONAL HISTORY.
My dad is self employed for the last 30years.
My confusion here is do If I write he was self employed the last 10 year, do I still need to list vacation/travels which he took in that
time frame?
My mother was always a housewife, so what exactly do I write? Also do I have to list her travels i the last 10years?

ADDRESSES since they were 18.
As my parents immigrated from India to Europe and they moved around a bit(and they are bit older now) they do not
remember all exact addresses etc.
Will that create a big problem?

Form 5406 Additional Information
Do I have to fill out one each for my parents? As children everything the same, but when it comes down to Brothers and sisters I was wondering if I have to fill out two separate forms?
thank you for your help.

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED:
PROOF TO RELATIONSHIP TO SPONSOR
BIRTH CERTIFICATE (WHOS-MINE THE DAUGHTER OR MY PARENTS)
Marriage certificate (my parents?)

I will be calling CIC regarding this, but was hoping to get some answeres here.

thnx

Pari4u

Jan 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 5, 2011
AOR Received.
April 24,2012
File Transfer...
May 11,2012- LVO India, Aor from ind June 28,2012
Med's Request
November 26 2012
Med's Done....
December 12 2012, medical rec on 11 april 2013
Passport Req..
November 26 2012, sent on 27 dec
Congratulations Raifam i also recived the letter like you,
i can answer few of the question you have down here.

"PERSONAL HISTORY.
My dad is self employed for the last 30years.
My confusion here is do If I write he was self employed the last 10 year, do I still need to list vacation/travels which he took in that
time frame?
My mother was always a housewife, so what exactly do I write? Also do I have to list her travels i the last 10years? "

Father just say from 2001 to 2011 slef emplyee business address , name and informations on it. during this perioud if he did visit any country for certain perioud you may needs to describe that

for your mother you just have to say 2001 to 2011 Housewife, adress of your home

"Form 5406 Additional Information
Do I have to fill out one each for my parents? As children everything the same, but when it comes down to Brothers and sisters I was wondering if I have to fill out two separate forms?
thank you for your help."

Additional family information (IMM 5406)

Who needs to fill out this application form?This form must be completed by:

You, as the principal applicant,
Your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and
Your dependent children aged 18 or over (whether accompanying you to Canada or not).

For birth certificate should be given for you and your parents as well so its prove your relationship with them.

marriage certificate should be your parents

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
raifam said:

ADDRESSES since they were 18.
As my parents immigrated from India to Europe and they moved around a bit(and they are bit older now) they do not
remember all exact addresses etc.
Will that create a big problem?

I will be calling CIC regarding this, but was hoping to get some answeres here.
Hi Raifam, did you manage to clarify with CIC what to do with the addresses or related dates if parents do not remember some old information. I am in the same situation (each of my parents moved more than once and some addresses were not permanent and they obviously do not remember older ones or even exact date time periods...) No documents either. I do not want to make up things - I think this is probably worse than just admitting what you do not remember (especially if it is not hopefully something crucial).
I tried to call CPC but could not get through...

ladyinwaiting

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
25-02-2012
Med's Request
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
01-12-2012
Passport Req..
10-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2013
LANDED..........
23-02-2013
It's not since they were 18. It's either since they were 18 or the past 10 years, whatever comes sooner, it says on the form.

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
ladyinwaiting said:
It's not since they were 18. It's either since they were 18 or the past 10 years, whatever comes sooner, it says on the form.
The 10 year or since 18 only applies to work history but not to addresses. For addresses it is since they were 18

(some time ago both sections - address and work history - required info since 18 years old, but recently they updated the work one to be either since 18 or 10 years, but not the address section)

ladyinwaiting

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
25-02-2012
Med's Request
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
01-12-2012
Passport Req..
10-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2013
LANDED..........
23-02-2013
Oh yes, that's true!

Well, that's a pain, my parents have also moved countless timess since they were 18 ;/

raifam

Dec 11, 2011
Anik said:
Hi Raifam, did you manage to clarify with CIC what to do with the addresses or related dates if parents do not remember some old information. I am in the same situation (each of my parents moved more than once and some addresses were not permanent and they obviously do not remember older ones or even exact date time periods...) No documents either. I do not want to make up things - I think this is probably worse than just admitting what you do not remember (especially if it is not hopefully something crucial).
I tried to call CPC but could not get through...
Hi Anik,

unfortunately I haven't gotten throught to the Callcenter.
I am writing down the adresses the once they remember.
Luckily the last 30 years they are on the same adress.

also I stil need help with the Personal History/ work history.

My dad was self employed and my mother a housewife. DO I STILL NEED TO LIST VACATION TRAVELS THEY DID IN THAT PERIOD?

ALSO FORM IMM 5406 ADDITIONAL FAMILY INFORMATION. My dad is the applicaton and my mother the spouse.
-Do I need to fill out only 1 form for both? Also if yes, do I need to list my mothers siblings too?

tHANKS

Pari4u

Jan 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 5, 2011
AOR Received.
April 24,2012
File Transfer...
May 11,2012- LVO India, Aor from ind June 28,2012
Med's Request
November 26 2012
Med's Done....
December 12 2012, medical rec on 11 april 2013
Passport Req..
November 26 2012, sent on 27 dec
ALSO FORM IMM 5406 ADDITIONAL FAMILY INFORMATION. My dad is the applicaton and my mother the spouse.
-Do I need to fill out only 1 form for both? Also if yes, do I need to list my mothers siblings too?

yes this forms needs to fill out by your both parents and if there are any depndent accompayining them needs to fill this out too.

Additional family information (IMM 5406)

Who needs to fill out this application form?
This form must be completed by:
• You, as the principal applicant,
• Your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and
• Your dependent children aged 18 or over (whether accompanying you to Canada or not).