+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent sponsorship - Case processing pilot (CPP) - Ottawa

Choto

Jun 7, 2012
Hi everyone,
I recently (May 2012) got the approval letter from the CIC for my parents which I applied in Mar 2008. This was in response to the letter where the Mississauga office was asking for the complete application along with bunch of other documents in Feb 2012. Now the most recent letter says the application is now forwarded to the "CPP - Ottawa". Interestingly there is a line which says -
"If at any time during processing, it is determined that local knowledge is required, the file may be forwarded to the relevant Visa office for processing and final decision".

This makes me believe are they NOT going to send this file to the local office? What does it mean in terms of processing? I know the local office's website still says processing time around 4 years. Is CPP- Ottawa going to process the file faster?

Is there anyone out there in a similar situation that can share your experience?

Appreciate any feedback!

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/parents-sponsership-joine-here-t91654.0.html

blue_angel1175

Jun 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
29-03-2012
Med's Request
10-05-2012
Med's Done....
07-06-2012 thru 01-09-2012
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2013
Hi, in my case they have not forwarded our file to our local visa office. My mom received a letter to undergo medical examination directly from Case Processing Centre - Ottawa.

Choto

Jun 7, 2012
Thanks for your responses User828 and Blue_Angel.

@Blue_Angle: may I ask you:
1. when you applied for this sponsorship?
2. when you got the approval letter and
3. Roughly when your Mom received the medical request back home?
4. What is the current status now?

Just trying to get a sense how long it may take in my case. :)

Appreciate you sharing this information.

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Hi guys - just a suggestion, it is probably better for you to post these questions in the topic(thread) that we already have here (the link provided earlier in this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/parents-sponsership-joine-here-t91654.0.html - go to the last page to see the most recent info and to post)

Of course you can create new topics (do not get me wrong - I am not trynig to tell you what to do :)) It is just with all the spousal sponsorship topics posted here in Family Class Sponsorship, all the parent related threads quickly end up going down the list and disappearing to subsequent pages so you are less likely to get an answer. And we are always happy to have more people and posts in the our 'main' parent thread as it allows us all to get more information and keep it on top of the family class sponsorship page.

All the best!

blue_angel1175

Jun 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
29-03-2012
Med's Request
10-05-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2013
Choto said:
Thanks for your responses User828 and Blue_Angel.

@ Blue_Angle: may I ask you:
1. when you applied for this sponsorship?
2. when you got the approval letter and
3. Roughly when your Mom received the medical request back home?
4. What is the current status now?

Just trying to get a sense how long it may take in my case. :)

Appreciate you sharing this information.
hi choto, here's my timeline based on your inquiry:
july 22, 2008 - submitted application
march 29, 2012 - approval
june 05, 2012 - medical request
june 07, 2012 - undergone medical exam

how about yours?

blue_angel1175

Jun 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
29-03-2012
Med's Request
10-05-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2013
Anik said:
Hi guys - just a suggestion, it is probably better for you to post these questions in the topic(thread) that we already have here (the link provided earlier in this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/parents-sponsership-joine-here-t91654.0.html - go to the last page to see the most recent info and to post)

Of course you can create new topics (do not get me wrong - I am not trynig to tell you what to do :)) It is just with all the spousal sponsorship topics posted here in Family Class Sponsorship, all the parent related threads quickly end up going down the list and disappearing to subsequent pages so you are less likely to get an answer. And we are always happy to have more people and posts in the our 'main' parent thread as it allows us all to get more information and keep it on top of the family class sponsorship page.

All the best!
thanks for the invite, anik. i have actually posted an inquiry about a certain topic and just not sure which thread to follow, but i did found the thread on parents sponsorship :)

Choto

Jun 7, 2012
blue_angel1175 said:
hi choto, here's my timeline based on your inquiry:
july 22, 2008 - submitted application
march 29, 2012 - approval
june 05, 2012 - medical request
june 07, 2012 - undergone medical exam

how about yours?
Thanks Blue_Angel - looks like we submitted almost at the same time (you apparently leading :)). I was amazed seeing how quickly you received your medical request. Below are my timeline.

Are you getting correspondence on your email? I provided my email and my understanding was once you do that they ONLY send correspondence through email. I've not received anything on my email so far (just postal letters). I started thinking whether I should ask them if my emails are being sent to a wrong address :)

My parents are in their 80s and 70s and I'm a bit worried about the medical exam. do you know whether exam for the seniors are as stringent as the others. they don't have any serious complications but obviously body has all signs of age :-(. How is your Mom doing health-wise? do you have any such concern?

March, 2008 - submitted application
May, 2012 - approval
May, 2012 - file transferred to CPP - Ottawa

blue_angel1175

Jun 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
29-03-2012
Med's Request
10-05-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2013
Choto said:
Thanks Blue_Angel - looks like we submitted almost at the same time (you apparently leading :)). I was amazed seeing how quickly you received your medical request. Below are my timeline.

Are you getting correspondence on your email? I provided my email and my understanding was once you do that they ONLY send correspondence through email. I've not received anything on my email so far (just postal letters). I started thinking whether I should ask them if my emails are being sent to a wrong address :)

My parents are in their 80s and 70s and I'm a bit worried about the medical exam. do you know whether exam for the seniors are as stringent as the others. they don't have any serious complications but obviously body has all signs of age :-(. How is your Mom doing health-wise? do you have any such concern?

March, 2008 - submitted application
May, 2012 - approval
May, 2012 - file transferred to CPP - Ottawa
Hi Choto, no, I am not receiving anything thru email. All correspondences are thru postal mail and the last one I got was when they informed me that I was eligible to sponsor. I can't remember if I gave them my email address...maybe your parents' medical request is on the way and is just caught up in our unfortunate poor postal service. My mom is in her mid-60's and is in the pink of health, but they had put her into a lot of tests. So I guess, yes would be the answer - they are very strict when it comes to senior citizens, but on second thought, perhaps it is also dependent on who is performing the medical exams. Don't worry too much, if they're healthy and have not had any serious medical conditions, then they should be ok.

Choto

Jun 7, 2012
blue_angel1175 said:
Hi Choto, no, I am not receiving anything thru email. All correspondences are thru postal mail and the last one I got was when they informed me that I was eligible to sponsor. I can't remember if I gave them my email address...maybe your parents' medical request is on the way and is just caught up in our unfortunate poor postal service. My mom is in her mid-60's and is in the pink of health, but they had put her into a lot of tests. So I guess, yes would be the answer - they are very strict when it comes to senior citizens, but on second thought, perhaps it is also dependent on who is performing the medical exams. Don't worry too much, if they're healthy and have not had any serious medical conditions, then they should be ok.
Okay feel better now :)

I wish you all the best. Keep us posted!

aljarreau

Sep 28, 2009
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2007
Doc's Request.
01-02-2010
AOR Received.
05-10-2007
IELTS Request
No IELTS
Med's Request
20-06-2010
Med's Done....
13-08-2010
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
20-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2010
LANDED..........
23-07-2011
Hi guys,
i have many questions concerning the sponsorship for my mother and her dependent(s).
My sister lives since 20 years in Canada. She also has the canadian citizenship. She applied to sponsor our mother in year 2006 (through Mississauga and now the local Visa Office in Dakar). last week the VO in Dakar requested the passports for the visas. Three Persons were included in the application: My mother, her Husband (my father) and my brother (the dependents of the main applicant). Now the questions:

1- Are the fees paid twice? In the passport request the VO wrote "you have to pay the fees if they haven't been paid"
but my sister (the sponsor) had paid already some kind of fees long time ago in Mississauga, except the fees for my father (dependent and husband
of the main applicant). The VO has not provided the bank account for the fees!!

1.a- Which kind of fees exist in the sponsorship? are the fees paid twice?

2- When the visas will be issued, can my mother (the main applicant) travel first alone to validate the visa without her dependents (husband
and son)?
if yes: after the main applicant has landed to validate her visa, how long time the dependents have to validate their visa?

3- The main applicant has also a form to fill. All her children have to be mentioned on the form (accompanying or not). Each child must have his own Form to fill or a single Form must contain all children?

Note: my mother and her dependents have all underwent the medical check. My brother is "mandatory" in the application but my father ist "optional". That means my brother must immigrate to Canada but my father could immigrate

As you see i have many questions that cause headaches :-\
Any help will be appreciated
Thanks in advance

blue_angel1175

Jun 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
29-03-2012
Med's Request
10-05-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2013
aljarreau said:
Hi guys,
i have many questions concerning the sponsorship for my mother and her dependent(s).
My sister lives since 20 years in Canada. She also has the canadian citizenship. She applied to sponsor our mother in year 2006 (through Mississauga and now the local Visa Office in Dakar). last week the VO in Dakar requested the passports for the visas. Three Persons were included in the application: My mother, her Husband (my father) and my brother (the dependents of the main applicant). Now the questions:

1- Are the fees paid twice? In the passport request the VO wrote "you have to pay the fees if they haven't been paid"
but my sister (the sponsor) had paid already some kind of fees long time ago in Mississauga, except the fees for my father (dependent and husband
of the main applicant). The VO has not provided the bank account for the fees!!

1.a- Which kind of fees exist in the sponsorship? are the fees paid twice?

2- When the visas will be issued, can my mother (the main applicant) travel first alone to validate the visa without her dependents (husband
and son)?
if yes: after the main applicant has landed to validate her visa, how long time the dependents have to validate their visa?

3- The main applicant has also a form to fill. All her children have to be mentioned on the form (accompanying or not). Each child must have his own Form to fill or a single Form must contain all children?

Note: my mother and her dependents have all underwent the medical check. My brother is "mandatory" in the application but my father ist "optional". That means my brother must immigrate to Canada but my father could immigrate

As you see i have many questions that cause headaches :-\
Any help will be appreciated
Thanks in advance
Hi Aljarreau,
I will try to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge and based on my experience:

1) No, fees are not paid twice. I paid for my mom's RPRF when I submitted her application 4 years ago and they have not asked me to pay anything more. Your sister having paid for your mother, but not for your father and brother, should pay for their RPRFs (Right of Permanent Residence Fee) - which is the only fee that she will have to pay to CIC.

2) Yes, your mother can travel first. The dependents should land in Canada before their visa expires

3) If child is more than 18 years of age, he/she will need to fill up a form on his own (but please check further instructions, as it's been 4 years since I filled up an application, rules may have changed)

Hope this helps -:)

gursikh51

Aug 10, 2008
Hi,
Choto, User828 and Blue_Angel. just was reading through your posting. Even my case is similar:

Dec-2007 Applied for Sponsorship
Nov-2011 Asked for additional Papers by cpc missisauga
Jan-2012 Submitted all papers
Apr 2012 Letter: All is fine case forwarded to CPP Ottawa for processing,

as of now same as Apr.

you are lucky,

did they ask you to send medical from Cpp Ottawa ? ? ?

and passports from Cpp ottawa or the local office ?

did any one got the visa stamped from cpp ottawa ? ? ?

please up date your status

thanx guys
Gursikh51

Choto

Jun 7, 2012
hello everyone,
For the principal applicant they asked for followup medical examinations :mad: :

1. Lordotic Chest x-ray
2. evaluation regarding Osteoarthritis (from Orthopedic Surgeon). I know my dad's knee is not in good condition and they asked the doctor to know whether Knee replacement is required or not. :eek:

Now his age is 80 - so obcourse there are wear and tear due to age. Does anyone know any success going through these tests? I'm considering applying for super visa now (and forget about the immigration) but not really sure whether medical process would be similar in that case or not. Really confused after waiting for 5 long years.....

Any suggestions/ experience anyone can share?

Many thanks in advanced!