+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent Sponsorship Application Forms

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
petersiddle28 said:
IMM 008 is additional dependents, bro, sis etc

Interestingly, if you see the option of dependent type, it say A, B, C - lol but they have remove that option, its only under 18 now so its a mistake by CIC I believe

From the list, select the type of dependant:

Type AThe dependant is under the age of 22 and is single (not married and not in a common-law relationship).Type BThe dependant has been continuously enrolled in and in attendance as a full‑time student at a post-secondary institution accredited by the relevant government authority and has depended substantially on the financial support of a parent either:
since before the age of 22, or
since marrying or entering into a common-law relationship (if it happened before the age of 22).
Type CThe dependant is 22 years of age or older, has depended substantially on the financial support of a parent since before the age of 22, and is unable to provide for himself or herself because of a medical condition
CIC decided not to change the age for dependent children, it remains at 22.

petersiddle28

Oct 12, 2013
Oh, they kept at 22 - that's gonna push some more apps
I just read the revised Dec 31 bulletin, didn't realize they kept it at 22

cute

Star Member
Mar 8, 2008
Hi All,

I am sponsoring my Parents( MOM and DAD), I live in Canada and my sister is married and settled in USA. So My questions are:

Does all my family members( me, sister, mom and dad) has to fill these two forms (Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] and Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] ) or only My Parents ( mom and dad)?

Thanks
Sri :-\

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
cute said:
Hi All,

I am sponsoring my Parents( MOM and DAD), I live in Canada and my sister is married and settled in USA. So My questions are:

Does all my family members( me, sister, mom and dad) has to fill these two forms (Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] and Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] ) or only My Parents ( mom and dad)?

Thanks
Only the applicants I think.

petersiddle28

Oct 12, 2013
cute said:
Hi All,

Thanks
Mom and Dad only > Scheudle A,

5406 will have Dad, MOM + his mom/dad + Children ( you and sister ) + bros sis of his and another 5406 with Mom, Dad + her mom/dad + Children ( you and sis ) + bros, sis of her own

Above is just mentioning them, no sig needed )

cute

Star Member
Mar 8, 2008
Thank you very much petersiddle28.

Any update on the 5000 application Quota?

thanks
sri

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
cute said:
Thank you very much petersiddle28.

Any update on the 5000 application Quota?

thanks
sri
That will take weeks to be published. We might see something by April.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
zardoz said:
That will take weeks to be published. We might see something by April.
My guess is a lag of 1.5 to 2 months (based on what we've seen for FSW and the tracking of the FSW caps).

shaikat

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
quick question....u don't need to include photos of your parents right now with the application do you? I don't see anywhere online at the cic website that you have to include photos?

disisme said:
Dear all,

I am preparing for the documents for sponsoring my parents and I have arranged the following docs so far. Can anybody please comment / advise if I have missed anything.

Documents required (parents)

• 4 pp size photographs each
• Passport photocopy
• Birth certificates (for both)
• Marriage certificate
• Aadhar card / votors id card (for both)

Documents required (me and my wife)

• Citizenship card / PR card photocopy
• Birth certificates (me only)
• Marriage certificate
• Passport photocopy
• NOA for 2010, 2011 and 2012
• Letter of employment (both)
• Pay stubs for the year 2013

Other Documents

• Fees receipt
• All relevant forms (updated on 31st December)

Questions :

Do I need to send the attested photocopies of the documents or non attested would work as well?
Should I prepare a cover letter explaining missing 2013 NOA (obvious reason)?
Medicals and Police clearance certificate will be needed later. Am I right on this?

thanks in advance.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applicant, spouse (if any) and dependent children, who are 18 years old or older need to fill out additional family info form.

zardoz said:
Only the applicants I think.

mathar

Jan 16, 2014
I do have one question,

I put requested visa centre incorrect, would they reject application or send to the visa centre who can process my parent application. Also for my parent background form I half of the form typed are rest half is hand written. Do they care>
Appreciate any input

mspjal

Star Member
Dec 22, 2013
CALGARY
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
n/a
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 07,2014 ,REACHED cic-m on Jan 10,2014,at 11.30 AM
Doc's Request.
In Process since 22/04/2016
Nomination.....
credit card charged on Jan 25,2014
AOR Received.
Recvd on JUN 09,2014 CPC-MISSISSAUGA.
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Approved by CPC-MISSISSAUGA nd file trfd. to CPC-Ottawa on April 14,2016
Med's Request
received vide email dated June 30,2016.
Med's Done....
AS on July 21 nd information sent to CPC-Ottawa on July 26,Medical results recvd. line in ecas visible
Interview........
expecting waiver
Passport Req..
Email dtd. Oct.20,2016 recvd. for submission of PPTS nd submitted on Oct. 24, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Docs recvd. on Aug 07,2016
LANDED..........
With God blessings, landed with my spouse at Calgary on April 26,2017.
cute said:
Hi All,

Thanks
@cute,

Additional family information Form-IMM5406 is to be filled nd signed by PA nd the accompanying member of 18ys nd above. Information of all the family members ,whether accompanying or not ,is to be incorporated in the forms.

Scorpion_ca has very correctly advised.

Good luck,God bless all !!

mspjal

sunshine1212

Nov 15, 2016
Hello Inder,

I am hoping you can help me. I am facing the same issue you faced a couple of years ago. So I am thinking of applying for parent's pR in 2017 but i don't have the following documents:

1. My birth certificate - In India you are allowed to use your 10th certificate as your birth certificate and that is what I used so far. Is that an acceptable proof of birth with parents name on it? Or i need some other document like Affidavit?
2. parents don't have a marriage certificate - Their names are on my passport. Is that sufficient proof?

Thanks in advance.