+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent sponsor Electronic confirmation of permanent residence

iwannasee

Aug 7, 2013
Hi,

We are at the final stage of the parent sponsorship application, my mother is currently in Canada and has received the eCoPR through the PR portal. But my father is outside of Canada and it seems that he's not eligible to receive the eCoPR on the PR portal at the moment. My mother is the primary applicant and my father is listed as a dependent on the application.

My father's visa also expired, how can we get him the eCoPR so he could enter Canada? Or does he still need a visitor visa at this point?

Appreciate your input!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi,

We are at the final stage of the parent sponsorship application, my mother is currently in Canada and has received the eCoPR through the PR portal. But my father is outside of Canada and it seems that he's not eligible to receive the eCoPR on the PR portal at the moment. My mother is the primary applicant and my father is listed as a dependent on the application.

My father's visa also expired, how can we get him the eCoPR so he could enter Canada? Or does he still need a visitor visa at this point?

Appreciate your input!
Did you notify IRCC that the dependent is outside of Canada? There should be instruction on how to get his COPR (PPR if he does not visa exempt passport)

Reactions: iwannasee

iwannasee

Aug 7, 2013
Did you notify IRCC that the dependent is outside of Canada? There should be instruction on how to get his COPR (PPR if he does not visa exempt passport)
Yes I did notify IRCC that the dependent is outside of Canada, but I haven't heard back since Sept.
Thank you!