+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent Grand Parent Sponsorship - ACCRA LVO

Pgp2019accra

Oct 7, 2019
Finally!! I got PPR today.Thanks to God! This is by far the most painful and annoying process Ive had to endure.. Below is my detailed and updated timeline.
  • 10-May-2019 - Application Delivered Ottawa
  • 18-Jul-2019 - Additional Doc - IMM5406 - Requested and Submited via email -
  • 28-Aug-2019 - Ecas Activated with Status: “Application Received” for S & PA -
  • 30-Aug-2019 - Additional Doc Request - Death Cert of PA Spouse -
  • 03-Sep-2019 - PA Spouse Death Cert Submitted -
  • 04-Sep-2019 - AOR Received -
  • 06-Sep-2019 - ECAS Sponsor - Decision Made -
  • 16-Sep-2019 - Sponsorship Approval - Letter received via Email - App forwarded to Accra VO
  • August 5, 2021. - Ecas Updated – “We started processing your application” -
  • August 11, 2021 - Additional Doc Request – (Police Cert, Birth Cert, imm5669e background declaration) -
  • Dec 31, 2021 - Upfront Medical completed
  • Jan 12, 2022 - Medical Passed.
  • Feb 10 , 2022 – File transferred to Vancouver – Workload re-distribustion ( Found out from ATIP Notes.
  • Mar 19, 2022 - Pre- Arrival Letter -
  • April 4 , 2022 - Ghost Update – Background check – changed from NA to We are processing your application.
  • April 5 , 2022 - Ghost Update – Background check – We are processing you background Check
  • April 14 , 2022 Ghost Updates – Nothing Changed.
  • April 29 , 2022 Ghost Updates – Nothing Changed.
  • May 2, 2022 – Ghost Update – Nothing Changed
  • May 3rd – ecas – Decision Made.
  • May 4, 2022 - PPR

Reactions: Determined1

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Finally!! I got PPR today.Thanks to God! This is by far the most painful and annoying process Ive had to endure.. Below is my detailed and updated timeline.
  • 16-Sep-2019 - Sponsorship Approval - Letter received via Email - App forwarded to Accra VO
  • August 11, 2021 - Additional Doc Request – (Police Cert, Birth Cert, imm5669e background declaration) -
  • Feb 10 , 2022 – File transferred to Vancouver – Workload re-distribustion ( Found out from ATIP Notes.
  • April 4 , 2022 - Ghost Update – Background check – changed from NA to We are processing your application.
  • April 5 , 2022 - Ghost Update – Background check – We are processing you background Check
  • May 4, 2022 - PPR
Congrats!

How were you able to do upfront medicals? I am thinking maybe I should do that.

Reactions: Pgp2019accra

Determined1

Jan 26, 2022
  • May 4, 2022 - PPR
Congratulations. Indeed a harrowing process. I thought Pre arrival letter means it has been approved pending PPR I’m wondering why background check is being processed after Pre arrival..
I hope we all receive good news soon as well.

Pgp2019accra

Oct 7, 2019
Please do the upfront medical if you can. It was done out of frustration but It helped the application move so much faster. Also request gcms notes every 3 to 4 weeks. Thats exactly what I did. Apparently before a gcms note is approved, an ircc officer must review the file regarless of its position in que and take pending action if any. I only found out about this 2 weeks ago. I requested the notes every 4 weeks since february just because I wanted to see what was going on but apparently, I was unknowningly boosting the speed.. All the best.

Last edited:

Pgp2019accra

Oct 7, 2019
Congratulations. Indeed a harrowing process. I thought Pre arrival letter means it has been approved pending PPR I’m wondering why background check is being processed after Pre arrival..
I hope we all receive good news soon as well.
Thank you. Pre-arrival = Eligibility is passed. After which background check will follow. Hopefully, you wont have to wait much longer.

Reactions: Determined1

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Please do the upfront medical if you can. It was done out of frustration but It helped the application move so much faster. Also request gcms notes every 3 to 4 weeks. Thats exactly what I did. Apparently before a gcms note is approved, an ircc officer must review the file regarless of its position in que and take pending action if any. I only found out about this 2 weeks ago. I requested the notes every 4 weeks since february just because I wanted to see what was going on but apparently, I was unknowningly boosting the speed.. All the best.
But how does one do upfront medicals? Can you explain?

I have order GCMS note since Jan and I have not got them.

Pgp2019accra

Oct 7, 2019
Call one of the panel of physician's office and ask for an appointment for upfront medical for Canada immigration. This is not new and its a valid process.

Also Order new GCMS. I had one just like that, It never came.

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Call one of the panel of physician's office and ask for an appointment for upfront medical for Canada immigration. This is not new and its a valid process.

Also Order new GCMS. I had one just like that, It never came.
Thank you, I will do that. I just wanted to make sure we can because my parents don't stay in the city so it will be a flight and a hotel booking for them, which is not a big deal as long as it will be valid.

Yes I did order another GCMS notes last week so waiting on that one.

I also heard from my MP today and they confirm that there are no updated activities on my file... Sucks!!!

I cannot wait to be done with Canadian immigration process.... Jess!!!

mama800

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Hi All,

Please I need help. My mum has just being requested to send a police clearance certificate again (second request). She has been in Canada for about 7 months now. Does she need to get police clearance certificate from Canada as well as home country?

If yes, how do i apply for the Canada Police clearance certificate, am in Manitoba.

Also, i had sent a police clearance certificate Sept 2021 and now she is not in Nigeria for her to do another one as they would require fingerprint, don't know if i should send the one i sent last year again. But at the same time do not want to delay the process.

Please your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Hi All,

Please I need help. My mum has just being requested to send a police clearance certificate again (second request). She has been in Canada for about 7 months now. Does she need to get police clearance certificate from Canada as well as home country?

If yes, how do i apply for the Canada Police clearance certificate, am in Manitoba.

Also, i had sent a police clearance certificate Sept 2021 and now she is not in Nigeria for her to do another one as they would require fingerprint, don't know if i should send the one i sent last year again. But at the same time do not want to delay the process.

Please your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Per my understanding, Nigerian police clearance is only valid for 3 months and you don't need to provide one for Canada unless it was specifically asked.

As for getting another Nigerian police clearance certificate, I do believe there are couple of ways you can do it:
1. Via the Nigerian High Commission in Ottawa
2. 3rd party (you'd have to call or do some research on this)
3. Print out the form get your fingerprints in front of a Canada police officer (Who will then sign that that you did it in their presence and it's your finger prints) and send the form to Nigeria.

I don't know if #3 is still allowed but I know some people back in 2015 ish that used this method with no issues.

Hope this helps.

mama800

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Per my understanding, Nigerian police clearance is only valid for 3 months and you don't need to provide one for Canada unless it was specifically asked.

As for getting another Nigerian police clearance certificate, I do believe there are couple of ways you can do it:
1. Via the Nigerian High Commission in Ottawa
2. 3rd party (you'd have to call or do some research on this)
3. Print out the form get your fingerprints in front of a Canada police officer (Who will then sign that that you did it in their presence and it's your finger prints) and send the form to Nigeria.

I don't know if #3 is still allowed but I know some people back in 2015 ish that used this method with no issues.

Hope this helps.

Ok thank you very much.