+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paper vs Online citizenship application in 2022

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
I am filling my application and this is what I see as well. For 2021, do we say Yes for Required to file and No for Filed Taxes if we haven't filed our taxes for 2021 yet (which isn't due yet)?
If you are required to file, tick yes for that question. If you haven't filed yet, tick no for the other question.

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB
oh well... i applied in July 2021 for online application.....its been over 4months after AOR and nothings happened ,, while some paper applicants who applied few months earlier already done the Oath .... lol

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB
I read few things here and there and just giving you a brief.

Looking at the current pandemic, the IRCC agent can take the envelop for paper applicants and work on them at their home. For online applicants the issue might be more of a security reason that they can't access certain things on internet ( not sure what jargon to use lol ) and that is why there are limited applications being processed for them. As we move in future, once everything is back to normal Online applicants would get more traction as it's easier to work on them rather than handling all the paperwork .

In short - Paper for now, Online later :p :p :p
oh .. hummm.. as i worked for IRCC (canadian embassy) before,,, no one can take any file outside the workplace with them in any situation lol

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hi All,

I am due to apply for my citizenship next month (March 2022), I'll be filing as a single candidate. Based on trends from last year, do you advise applying on paper or online using the portal?

Thanks in Advance.

Reactions: chaudri

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
it is a lotto

There is no backlog with online applications. They can access any time, plenty of storage. With paper applications storage is limited and they keep piling up so they need reduce the paper backlog therefore they process them quick. some applicants who applied on same date paper vs online , paper applicants have test done already.

Reactions: baimmeb

ShahidF

Aug 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Any advice on what the current trend is? Next month I will also complete 1095 days in Canada on PR. Confused if to go with online or paper based application.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Any advice on what the current trend is? Next month I will also complete 1095 days in Canada on PR. Confused if to go with online or paper based application.
Currently paper applicants are facing delay in receiving AOR so keep an eye on the Sep, Oct tab of the spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_KE3Bu3C3gOyEm0mRVcJH9nEA2u2GOhfpUZOckOWmN0

Also there is a trend of paper applicant from Toronto, Vancouver seeing faster processing than say Ottawa or Montreal.
You have a month to track the trend on the spreadsheet and then make your decision.

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Truthfully no one can really tell. IRCC changes its mind like a kid in a candy store. They have prioritized paper applications up till now but no one knows when they will switch.

• Haha
Reactions: A_S

adeelfa

Oct 22, 2022
DEFINTELY PAPER.

Some paper applicants getting done in 3 months.
Is that from the tracker on Google Doc? I'm trying to read it (first time, sorry) but I don't see any information there about paper vs online? Am I missing something?