+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paper vs Online Applications

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, just wondering what people's thoughts are. It seems like people who applied (via the Paper option) are getting processed faster than people who applied 'Online'. This is puzzling to me as I thought that if you apply via Paper (an IRCC agent has to manually open the package and key all details into the system). For online however the details are in the system already. Or so you would think?

Anyone have any any thoughts on this? Thank you in advance for all your replies.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Hi all, just wondering what people's thoughts are. It seems like people who applied (via the Paper option) are getting processed faster than people who applied 'Online'. This is puzzling to me as I thought that if you apply via Paper (an IRCC agent has to manually open the package and key all details into the system). For online however the details are in the system already. Or so you would think?

Anyone have any any thoughts on this? Thank you in advance for all your replies.
There is no method to this madness. I am sure a number of paper applicants from Mississauga would disagree with this! Paper files will ultimately get converted into electronic files so the common denominator then become the various elements which hold up the file.

Unless you work for IRCC there really isn't any way to validate this either way.

RickyT

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
Yeah, it's really dumb and no one can understand why paper applications are getting processed faster. Online should be much easier for them as all of the information is in the system already. My guess is that they have 8 agents processing Paper vs 2 doing Online apps.