+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paper > Online ATIP Proof

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
Ok guys, I have some update.

Submitted my application online late in the night May 31 or early in the AM June 1st. Got AOR June 2nd. in process June 4th.
I was never able to create an account to track my citizenship (invalid uci error message).
I then read all the forum with the online application issues. Sent multiple webform to withdraw online application.
Application was successfully withdrawn on July 14. Got a full refund as well.

- Sent my paper application June 8 with the same payment that was used for the online app.
- June 15 the app was returned for invalid payment.
- Made a new payment then sent the paper application once again on June 27.
- Got AOR July 6. (I was able to create tracking account on July 14. The same day my online application was withdrawn)
- In process July 19 ECAS
- Aug 3 Fingerprint Request
- Aug 5 Citizenship test Activity.

There you go, showing @damo411 how it's done.

wink

May 25, 2021

Submitted my application online late in the night May 31 or early in the AM June 1st. Got AOR June 2nd. in process June 4th.
I was never able to create an account to track my citizenship (invalid uci error message).
I then read all the forum with the online application issues. Sent multiple webform to withdraw online application.

- Sent my paper application June 8 with the same payment that was used for the online app.
- Got AOR July 6. (I was able to create tracking account on July 14. The same day my online application was withdrawn)
Thanks for this update. I think making a new payment might be the point here. Not sure whether it is too late for many to apply now.

Paperplanes

Aug 11, 2022
Thanks for this update. I think making a new payment might be the point here. Not sure whether it is too late for many to apply now.
Right. They needed the payment to process the application.

I only did it based on the fact that I would submit the applications less than 30 days apart.

The other reason was, I read where someone was unable to create an account to track the application for over six months. During that six months the person got zero update. I felt no one was working on my application since I could not access it on the tracker.

Reactions: sahibo and damo411

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Interesting update, citizenship grant timeline reduced to 26 months on CIC website
It seems to be an average of recent past processing times, probably over the past 2 years, and since 2022 paper applicants are getting processed in 4-6 months, they must have recently brought that average down to 26 months from 27

firstax

Dec 8, 2018

My biggest fear is that I would switch to paper and then IRCC would then stop attending to paper and start with online applications so when I switch back I'll be 1 year behind on the list

wink

May 25, 2021
My biggest fear is that I would switch to paper and then IRCC would then stop attending to paper and start with online applications so when I switch back I'll be 1 year behind on the list
Yes, that's my worry as well. It can certainly happen. But if they do that, usually they do it on the quarterly basis? i.e. starting from October, maybe? Just a wild guess.

damo411

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Just humor... if you would like to have a rough idea of the number of single people applying for citizenship..its very easy..just check for any citizenship track and filter out online application :D:D:D:D:D...there you have it, or maybe IRCC is silently telling us to go get married :p:D:D:p:D:p

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Adults 18 and over can now submit group applications online:
You can apply together online as:
  • children
  • spouse
  • common-law partner
  • siblings
  • parents
  • grandparents
  • aunts or uncles
  • nieces or nephews
  • cousins
  • friends
  • neighbours

Last edited:
Reactions: canspire

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Adults 18 and over can now submit group applications online:
You can apply together online as:
  • children
  • spouse
  • common-law partner
  • siblings
  • parents
  • grandparents
  • aunts or uncles
  • nieces or nephews
  • cousins
  • friends
  • neighbours

Interesting. Now that all can apply online, You wonder if IRCC would switch to processing Online applications faster.

xuan

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
To be honest, and if we use our brain it's pretty obvious what's going on...
they will close soon the paper applications to make it 100% online like for PR... so now they are doing the paper applications first and all paper applications will have the priority, then they will definitely close it and move to online.

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
IRCC in the process training officers for online applications so by month end you will see alot of online application moving .

Reactions: firstax