+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paper Based Citizenship Application Updated Version Effective 01-Mar-2021 ::: Request for Advice

mtmeenu

Jun 9, 2017
The paper based citizenship application on updated version will be must effective 01-Mar-2021. Can this version be used even now and accepted by IRCC? I wanted to use the correct version to avoid avoid return of application as there are expected delays in opening opening the application and issuing AOR. Await advice. IRCC web site states:

Applications received at our Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Sydney, NS on March 1, 2021 or later must use forms from October 2020 or later (indicated on the lower left corner of the form). Application forms that are not up-to-date will be returned as incomplete. IRCC does not consider the date of signatures or mailing to be deciding factors.

Haniel

Feb 21, 2015
Hi,

I sent my application 2 weeks ago with the version from 2019, that was the latest version available at that time. They have already received the application. I am a bit concerned if they will accept it as it is not update 2020 version. I hope it will be ok as it was delivered before March 1st. Could you please advise? Thanks

mtmeenu

Jun 9, 2017
Hi,

I sent my application 2 weeks ago with the version from 2019, that was the latest version available at that time. They have already received the application. I am a bit concerned if they will accept it as it is not update 2020 version. I hope it will be ok as it was delivered before March 1st. Could you please advise? Thanks
Are colored or Black & White copies of the documents preferred and allowed for mailed applications? Secondly, how much time it is taking now to get an Acknowledgement of Receipt.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi,

No need to worry, Only applications received on or after March 1st need to be using the latest version.

Haniel

Feb 21, 2015
Are colored or Black & White copies of the documents preferred and allowed for mailed applications? Secondly, how much time it is taking now to get an Acknowledgement of Receipt.
Black and white is ok I assume. AOR may take 3-6-9 months, it’s hard to say, obviously there is no pattern