+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paper application

D Adam

Dec 25, 2022
Hi guys ! I’m concerned about my work permit. I’ve finished my study and my study permit expired at the same time (got graduation letter on January 11th and study permit expired on 9th). I’ve sent a paper application as it showed faster processing time and I lost my status too. I’ve also paid a restoration fee and sent it to case processing centre in Alberta. Haven’t received any updates . Are there any one who did paper application ? How are things in your end?

sarahsbanks

Mar 1, 2023
IRCC right now is accepting online applications just apply the same thing online and add the copy of the receipts of the payments you made.

paper applications are now taking longer to process.

Reactions: Naturgrl

D Adam

Dec 25, 2022
Before it showed 64 days now it’s 27 days for paper application. But online is 128 days now and 2 months back it was 170 days

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi guys ! I’m concerned about my work permit. I’ve finished my study and my study permit expired at the same time (got graduation letter on January 11th and study permit expired on 9th). I’ve sent a paper application as it showed faster processing time and I lost my status too. I’ve also paid a restoration fee and sent it to case processing centre in Alberta. Haven’t received any updates . Are there any one who did paper application ? How are things in your end?
Why would you apply by paper? Paper is only accepted for people with disabilities and those who are unable to file online. It is not meant to circumvent processing times.

D Adam

Dec 25, 2022
Why would you apply by paper? Paper is only accepted for people with disabilities and those who are unable to file online. It is not meant to circumvent processing times.
What you’re saying doesn’t make any sense….. it doesn’t say anything like that for paper applications. I did that only because it has faster processing time

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What you’re saying doesn’t make any sense….. it doesn’t say anything like that for paper applications. I did that only because it has faster processing time
Yes it does. Paper applications are for if you aren’t unable to apply online,

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/apply.html

If you can’t apply online
You can submit a paper application if either:
What to do if you can’t apply online

Get a post-graduation work permit: If you can’t apply online
Most people have to apply online to get their post-graduation work permit (PGWP). However, there are some people who may not be able to apply online.
To get a paper application, tell us why you can’t apply online.
Why can’t you apply online? (required)
I can’t apply online because of a disability
There’s a problem with the online application
I need to extend my PGWP or change its conditions

D Adam

Dec 25, 2022
I’ve applied for both restoration and PGWP….. my application is critical. That’s why.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I’ve applied for both restoration and PGWP….. my application is critical. That’s why.
Where does it say critical? How do you meet:

I can’t apply online because of a disability
There’s a problem with the online application
I need to extend my PGWP or change its conditions

you would have been faster online.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Did you apply for your study permit extension after expiry? If so that was the first step to restore your status.

BahaB

Star Member
Jul 19, 2019
Hi, whatever happened? I’m in the same situation now

BahaB

Star Member
Jul 19, 2019
Hi ! Did you apply? When was it? Paper based?
Hi yes sorry just seeing this. I applied June 2nd, 2023. Paper application for pnp work permit. Sent to Edmonton office. Haven’t heard anything back but it says 13 days processing time on paper work permits. What was your outcome?

Reactions: yuzuanne

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi yes sorry just seeing this. I applied June 2nd, 2023. Paper application for pnp work permit. Sent to Edmonton office. Haven’t heard anything back but it says 13 days processing time on paper work permits. What was your outcome?
How were you eligible to apply through paper based?

yuzuanne

Aug 23, 2023
BC
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
08-29-2023
Hi! I’m on the same situation too. I called IRCC about it and they confirmed I can apply by paper because I’m having technical problems with the online application. My documents just got delivered. Did you receive your permit?

BahaB

Star Member
Jul 19, 2019
Hi! I’m on the same situation too. I called IRCC about it and they confirmed I can apply by paper because I’m having technical problems with the online application. My documents just got delivered. Did you receive your permit?
Hi, my apologies for the late response, I’m just now seeing this. My application was returned due to me using an outdated form. I resubmitted and a week later I received my request for biometrics. I’m hoping to receive my work permit in the mail soon. Any progress for you?