+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Panel Physician Exam

Scooterpop

Jan 1, 2014
I am from Washington state USA.....

Applying for PR in BC... does every PR applicant have to have the medical exam?
if so, should I do before submission of paperwork or wait until they request it?

thanks......

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Scooterpop said:
I am from Washington state USA.....

Applying for PR in BC... does every PR applicant have to have the medical exam?
if so, should I do before submission of paperwork or wait until they request it?

thanks......
Yes, every PR applicant must have the medical exam. You need to do it before you submit the app, as the doctor will give you a document that you need to include.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since your post says that you're applying for PR in BC, does that mean you're filing an inland application? If so, you can wait until the medical is requested from CIC, typically after your sponsor has been approved (stage 1 of 2 which is known as AIP) and before you have DM (decision made).

Many Inland applicants benefit from this, because CIC realizes that medical results are only valid for one year. Technically, you would be submitting an `incomplete' application, but again CIC seems to tolerate those [Inland] that do.

Scooterpop

Jan 1, 2014
I am applying outland.....
have my appointment made before my paperwork is to be submitted...

just wanting to be sure with regards to the medical exam....

thanks pong and canuck in uk.....

scooterpop

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Ponga said:
Since your post says that you're applying for PR in BC, does that mean you're filing an inland application? If so, you can wait until the medical is requested from CIC, typically after your sponsor has been approved (stage 1 of 2 which is known as AIP) and before you have DM (decision made).

Many Inland applicants benefit from this, because CIC realizes that medical results are only valid for one year. Technically, you would be submitting an `incomplete' application, but again CIC seems to tolerate those [Inland] that do.
I see many of the inlanders for 2013 did not send in medicals with their applications. I guess there aren't many getting AIP/OWP/DM at the same time as there were in the 2012 thread, eh? That is one thing that is bound to hold up your application especially on Inland, since you are correct, they do indeed expire after 12 months, however, 99.9% of them are extended to cover what is needed and only one or two that I remember from 2012 actually had to redo theirs due to expiry. Just a thought. ;)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alurra71 said:
I see many of the inlanders for 2013 did not send in medicals with their applications. I guess there aren't many getting AIP/OWP/DM at the same time as there were in the 2012 thread, eh? That is one thing that is bound to hold up your application especially on Inland, since you are correct, they do indeed expire after 12 months, however, 99.9% of them are extended to cover what is needed and only one or two that I remember from 2012 actually had to redo theirs due to expiry. Just a thought. ;)
Good point.

I'd like to clarify, even though it's moot to the OP, that once an applicant has their UCI, or perhaps just their file number and sponsor's UCI from AOR, they can (and perhaps should) send it if they did not submit it with their Inland application. Then, hope that CIC matches it up with their file, of course.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Scooterpop said:
I am applying outland.....
have my appointment made before my paperwork is to be submitted...

just wanting to be sure with regards to the medical exam....

thanks pong and canuck in uk.....
You're welcome. Also, there's a CPP-Ottawa thread where the other outland Americans hang out :)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cppottawa-t118769.4425.html