-----------Pakistanis still waiting, please connect here---------------

waleedusman1

Nov 16, 2013
Assalam-o-Alikum.

I just got an email from islamabad immigration section asking for:
-Updated letter of acceptance of January 2014
-Police Certificate
in just 5 days.

First of all, I am a Fall 2014 student how I can give Winter 14 letter. Moreover, if that is mistake...my university is not providing me with deferral. I have notified them with my position with visa...and they were flexible in my joining the university.

Can someone plz guide to as what I may do now!
Waleed

MorganStanley

Sep 18, 2014
Adeel Ahmed said:
Guys I have emailed IOM for appointment yesterday with all necessary information .How much time they take to give appointment ?
I have emailed IOM for appointment (KARACHI) on Thursday,18 th September but no response yet.

I had earlier submitted upfront medical but I have been sent medical call again. I went to Karachi sub office of IOM and they said that we don't conduct the medical again and the medical is valid for one year and I should contact the embassy so that they can track my e medical just in case they have lost my evidence of upfront medical.I have informed the embassy by case specific inquiry and attached the document issued for upfront medical by IOM.

I will try to get the medical redone again just in case as I think case specific inquires are not replied that soon. I have limited time since classes start in 10 days. Of course IOM people are no experts and there may be a good reason that the embassy has asked for the medical again but a mistake cannot be ruled out.

Anyways, people getting appointments from IOM, do update your statuses and appointment dates given..

tariq 54321

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Thanks Arsal for your thoughtful suggestion. but some of my experienced friends have advised me that we are not supposed to send any additional information to CHC unless it is requested by them. and that includes deferral letters and extension letters too..... what do u think of that?? guys comments pls??

tariq 54321

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Please consult the CAPS NOTES which tell you the real reasons of rejection in the eyes of visa officer before your second attempt ...

Concordia

Apr 21, 2013
Well i did for me just this friday.
I cant comment on others but for me I have to do my 100%. To send them additional info in a supporting way not bad thing. Its time saving.

tariq 54321 said:
Thanks Arsal for your thoughtful suggestion. but some of my experienced friends have advised me that we are not supposed to send any additional information to CHC unless it is requested by them. and that includes deferral letters and extension letters too..... what do u think of that?? guys comments pls??

Concordia

Apr 21, 2013
I 100% agreed. I did the same. It really helpful

tariq 54321 said:
Please consult the CAPS NOTES which tell you the real reasons of rejection in the eyes of visa officer before your second attempt ...

waleedusman1

Nov 16, 2013
Hi

Today I received an email from CIC Islamabad saying to provide following to process further my study permit application

- Updated Letter of Acceptance for January 2014 session.
- Police certificate.

First of all, I am a Fall 2014 student how I can give Winter 14 letter. Moreover, if 2014 is mistake and they were to write 2015...my university is not providing me with deferral. I have notified them with my position with visa...and they were flexible in my joining the university. I applied on 25th July and been waiting since.

Plz guide to as what I may do now! Thank You

yasir8959

Mar 26, 2013
waleedusman1 said:
Assalam-o-Alikum.

-Police Certificate
in just 5 days.

First of all, I am a Fall 2014 student how I can give Winter 14 letter. Moreover, if that is mistake...my university is not providing me with deferral. I have notified them with my position with visa...and they were flexible in my joining the university.

Waleed
They are asking you winter letter because fall intake has already started. So, instead provide them a letter of late joining if your university is allowing you to join by certain date. It better be a letter and not e-mail communication. Forward your program co-ordinate this email and ask him to provide letter of permission to join late through e-mail.... And as far as police certificate is concerned, go your your police station or munh pay ja k paanch hazar maro.... And be quick about that my friend, coz u r in luck....

yasir8959

Mar 26, 2013
tariq 54321 said:
Send them docs at when and if they ask basis.

yasir8959

Mar 26, 2013
MorganStanley said:
I have emailed IOM for appointment (KARACHI) on Thursday,18 th September but no response yet.

I had earlier submitted upfront medical but I have been sent medical call again. I went to Karachi sub office of IOM and they said that we don't conduct the medical again and the medical is valid for one year and I should contact the embassy so that they can track my e medical just in case they have lost my evidence of upfront medical.I have informed the embassy by case specific inquiry and attached the document issued for upfront medical by IOM.

I will try to get the medical redone again just in case as I think case specific inquires are not replied that soon. I have limited time since classes start in 10 days. Of course IOM people are no experts and there may be a good reason that the embassy has asked for the medical again but a mistake cannot be ruled out.

Anyways, people getting appointments from IOM, do update your statuses and appointment dates given..
Bro take letter along with you through which embassy has asked you to provide your medical again. In that case, i guess they will consider you for re-med.

yasir8959

Mar 26, 2013
Doppel91 said:
Could anybody provide me details on how to get an upfront medical appointment and how much time does it take once you are done with the medical to get the reports. I am currently in KSA and expecting an offer from McMaster probably by coming week for January intake. If accepted, I would travelling back to khi by end of September and start working on my application. Would I be having enough time to get upfront medical done and then apply online . Your help would be appreciated.
Call at IOM karachi number and take appointment for any date my friend. Its simple as that. They dont give u reports, they just give you an electonic receipt that you upload with your visa app. Mcmaster is great university, wish you make it there. Which program?

waleedusman1

Nov 16, 2013
yasir8959 said:
They are asking you winter letter because fall intake has already started. So, instead provide them a letter of late joining if your university is allowing you to join by certain date. It better be a letter and not e-mail communication. Forward your program co-ordinate this email and ask him to provide letter of permission to join late through e-mail.... And as far as police certificate is concerned, go your your police station or munh pay ja k paanch hazar maro.... And be quick about that my friend, coz u r in luck....
Right. Yasir, just a small thing...should I share my application number with university that is included in email?

yasir8959

Mar 26, 2013
waleedusman1 said:
Right. Yasir, just a small thing...should I share my application number with university that is included in email?
Forward him the e-mail, not just app number so that they really take it serious and expedite it. Coz universities are really busy this time of the year. And i'd advice you to call your program co-ordinator also, so that you can impress upon him the urgency of your request.

yasir8959

Mar 26, 2013
msq said:
HEy all
I would like to suggest u all to have patience
they r working ..
i got rejected after 45 days,,
gonna apply again.. never loose hope...
have faith in ALLAH
and brass thanks alot u have been a very important personality and helpfull to all.
Stay blessed all,
my info
NAme :MSQ
University: york for bba
applied 4th august
refusal 18th sept
paper based.
Brass is d man. Mr. Rock n Rolla :p :p :p

Raiqam

Star Member
Sep 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2014
Med's Request
12-09-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
Passport Req..
11-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2014
LANDED..........
25-11-2014
waleedusman1 said:
Assalam-o-Alikum.

-Police Certificate
in just 5 days.

I got it also bro cuz my visa process exceeded my September 14 intake. So i asked my uni to send me an offer for Jan 15. And i sent it on the email id the embassy asked me to.

Waleed