+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

-----------Pakistanis still waiting, please connect here---------------

msamsa

Jul 19, 2014
Applied on 27th May.
Paper based.
Request for medical on 23rd july.
Medical done on 1st August.

Since then no response. What will happen now? My orientation starts this sunday. And classes on 2nd september. Will I be able to get my passport in this week?

And no chc is unoperational. I called up vfc global islamabad. The operator first thought thats its open but confirmed me that its not cause of the protests.

Jan 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
If Allah Almighty wills (Insha Allah)
Brass said:
Take it easy yar, I called them today and spoke to an agent. They are open and working ;D
but brother it will be difficult from tomorrow as both have given rebellious statements. Allah Almighty rehem farma . Ameen

Brass

Jun 19, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
Biometrics done 01/07/2014
IELTS Request
Exempt
File Transfer...
12/06/2014
Med's Request
27/08/2014
Med's Done....
04/09/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
23/09/2014
VISA ISSUED...
02/10/2014
LANDED..........
26/11/2014
19916 said:
but brother it will be difficult from tomorrow as both have given rebellious statements. Allah Almighty rehem farma . Ameen
They wont make it to the sensitive areas, I am sure

Concordia

Apr 21, 2013
God knows what will happen with us (All Pakistanis)...I reallly dont think sooo this politocal situation will change...
But God Knows everything...He has a Good plan for everyone !!!

Brass

Jun 19, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Exempt
File Transfer...
12/06/2014
Med's Request
27/08/2014
Med's Done....
04/09/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
23/09/2014
VISA ISSUED...
02/10/2014
LANDED..........
26/11/2014
Good Morning friends,

I get the impression that most of those Pakistanis who have some sort of scholarships are in particularly delayed. Please share your thoughts!!

-Brass

msamsa

Jul 19, 2014
I dont know about that but I just called up chc as a canadian for passport services and found out that it is operational. I confirmed it by calling vfc and asked the operator.

Brass

Jun 19, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Exempt
File Transfer...
12/06/2014
Med's Request
27/08/2014
Med's Done....
04/09/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
23/09/2014
VISA ISSUED...
02/10/2014
LANDED..........
26/11/2014
msamsa said:
I dont know about that but I just called up chc as a canadian for passport services and found out that it is operational. I confirmed it by calling vfc and asked the operator.
Thats right, they are open to show that they are busy, though not doing anything :-*

msamsa

Jul 19, 2014
Whats your status? What uni and done with the medical?
I cant say much but I feel Im a bit screwed cause my orientation is starting on this sunday.

Brass

Jun 19, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Exempt
File Transfer...
12/06/2014
Med's Request
27/08/2014
Med's Done....
04/09/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
23/09/2014
VISA ISSUED...
02/10/2014
LANDED..........
26/11/2014
msamsa said:
Whats your status? What uni and done with the medical?
I cant say much but I feel Im a bit screwed cause my orientation is starting on this sunday.
See the spreadsheet under this message. Send me your details to include you as well,plz

yasir8959

Mar 26, 2013
Buddy, Im in MSc management n University of ottawa. And b.t.w u r right on the money here man, about your perception of visas being delayed for guys on funding.
My p.o.v: I think that canadian visa counselors think that we have somehow fluke through their university admission system and they are circumspect about our credibility. Like it or not, thats the image we give to the world. And always remember, as CIC says it, Being granted a visa is a privilege, not your right (Even if you meet all the specified criteria). (Sarcasm)
Also, lookie here, i got an amazing one coming here, a country composed mostly of first generation immigrants, and offering very generous settlement opportunities to international graduates from their universities , rejecting an international students visa stating the reason- We sense that you dont intend to come back. Hahahahahaha, this is probably one of the most amazing comic lines i have come across. A penny for your thoughts, on my thoughts?

Brass

Jun 19, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Exempt
File Transfer...
12/06/2014
Med's Request
27/08/2014
Med's Done....
04/09/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
23/09/2014
VISA ISSUED...
02/10/2014
LANDED..........
26/11/2014
yasir8959 said:
Buddy, Im in MSc management n University of ottawa. And b.t.w u r right on the money here man, about your perception of visas being delayed for guys on funding.
My p.o.v: I think that canadian visa counselors think that we have somehow fluke through their university admission system and they are circumspect about our credibility. Like it or not, thats the image we give to the world. And always remember, as CIC says it, Being granted a visa is a privilege, not your right (Even if you meet all the specified criteria). (Sarcasm)
Also, lookie here, i got an amazing one coming here, a country composed mostly of first generation immigrants, and offering very generous settlement opportunities to international graduates from their universities , rejecting an international students visa stating the reason- We sense that you dont intend to come back. Hahahahahaha, this is probably one of the most amazing comic lines i have come across. A penny for your thoughts, on my thoughts?
Thank you Yasir. You are absolutely right by pointing out how the Pakistanis are being treated as a third class nation, this is very sad and unfortunate. What I am more interested in is the fact that a comprehensive spreadsheet needs to be prepared for all those Pakistani students who have somehow achieved scholarships (either local/Canadian/others), this will provide us a platform where we may plan actions together. I am still confident that we will be successful and I am proud of my compatriots for their continuous struggle to update and modify their knowledge.

-Brass

yasir8959

Mar 26, 2013
Put Haseeb in your database, he was going to york i guess, there was another guy who replied to his question, and he was going to york as well, on some international distinction scholarship, i guess. Add 'em up to your DB. Haseeb was The guy who was pretty stressed about not getting visa on whose question you replied. I am in MSc management program, not an MBA. Research funding is canadian in origin. Lets do somepin about it. I guess, dignity is fundamental right, and it trumps all policy, procedure, guidelines and country risk profile etc... Each thing take a multitude of working days to get done at canadian embassy, if you want a reply to an email, wait 15 working days (That too if your application has exceeded pre-defined processing time-which interesting is 16 weeks, effectively meaning that you dont have a right to appeal, in the sense that for september intake your admission get finalized by march at earliest and if you file your case, on 1st april, your case can be held till end of july, and you have only one month to file an appeal, even if you do file an appeal, its fate wouldnt be decided by the time your intake has already started- Amazing????) Enough said.
Also, can somebody clarify here this: That number of permits to be issued to each country for each kind of permits is specified for each fiscal year by some embassies? Is it true? If so how many embassies do it? Does canada do it too?

yasir8959

Mar 26, 2013
Yaar we want to make database of pak people on funding awaiting visas or database of all pak guys/guls awaiting visas? Lets do a comprehensive project while we are at it to compute and extrapolate some good statistics on probability of attaining visas for Pakistanis present on this webforum atleast-that would be generalizable imo. Lets make two distinct database for those on funding who applied for visa and got it granted/awaiting/ultimately refused, and the guys in all programs that are self funded who applied for visa and got it granted/awaiting/ultimately refused.
And of what i know, universities dont offer funding for MBA/BBA. Or do they??? cause my knowledge over this subject is pretty blinkered and i think funding is basically for research and its either availed from SSHRC/NSERC/CIHR university quotas for each university annually from social sciences research council, natural sciences n engineering research council and canadian institute of health research.

Brass

Jun 19, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Exempt
File Transfer...
12/06/2014
Med's Request
27/08/2014
Med's Done....
04/09/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
23/09/2014
VISA ISSUED...
02/10/2014
LANDED..........
26/11/2014
yasir8959 said:
Yaar we want to make database of pak people on funding awaiting visas or database of all pak guys/guls awaiting visas? Lets do a comprehensive project while we are at it to compute and extrapolate some good statistics on probability of attaining visas for Pakistanis present on this webforum atleast-that would be generalizable imo. Lets make two distinct database for those on funding who applied for visa and got it granted/awaiting/ultimately refused, and the guys in all programs that are self funded who applied for visa and got it granted/awaiting/ultimately refused.
And of what i know, universities dont offer funding for MBA/BBA. Or do they??? cause my knowledge over this subject is pretty blinkered and i think funding is basically for research and its either availed from SSHRC/NSERC/CIHR university quotas for each university annually from social sciences research council, natural sciences n engineering research council and canadian institute of health research.
Dear Yasir,

Thank you again. I appreciate your efforts and would like to request you to develop the other spreadsheets. You may seek help from [https://docs.google.com/a/ualberta.ca/spreadsheets/d/11uUD--3O2xH8gkUxGIIaCMpB_E-b-GRu2KF5gUofBAs/edit#gid=0

Regards,
-Brass