+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani students ,How is cathay Pacific ? Any suggestions?

RKAZI

Mar 18, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Telecommunist said:
Is it possible that u book flight today and pay in august? as per my info they give u 24 hrs time to pay and confirm ur flight.
I booked my seat,via caling the cathay pacific representative at khi,and she said me i can pay till august, the booking is done,

RKAZI

Mar 18, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FAM
My seat is booked but now fare is 92k,, I wonder k August tum kitna fare hojaega,,, the girl whoops booked is saying that 28th June yuk wait kero, tax agar nahi laga to we can wait till July warna agar tax laga to paisley de dena,, I am so confused,,,, I want to do online now but online main 1lac 5k ki ticket hai ... So any suggestions ? And they say to show the credit card jis k through booking kerwayibhai,, to woh credit card airport pe dikhaana hai ya Phir point of entry k ander .?

farhan88

Mar 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD and OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2016
AOR Received.
04-09-2016
IELTS Request
Provided band 9
Med's Request
Passed
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
30-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
W8ing
LANDED..........
W8ing
YAAARRRR (RKAZI) IS A BRO........................ :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

SHE IS WAY BETTER THAN MANY GIRLS MAN. ;D

SHE IS A BRO :p :p :p :p

shahzaman1984

Aug 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
18-02-2013
Med's Request
26-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2013
LANDED..........
Soon
RKAZI said:
My seat is booked but now fare is 92k,, I wonder k August tum kitna fare hojaega,,, the girl whoops booked is saying that 28th June yuk wait kero, tax agar nahi laga to we can wait till July warna agar tax laga to paisley de dena,, I am so confused,,,, I want to do online now but online main 1lac 5k ki ticket hai ... So any suggestions ? And they say to show the credit card jis k through booking kerwayibhai,, to woh credit card airport pe dikhaana hai ya Phir point of entry k ander .?
If possible, don't make payment via card credit and try to finalize your itinerary as soon as possible. Cathay pacific is a good airline; last year quite a few students traveled to Canada through it. They never shared anything concerning about their services or flight delays.

RKAZI

Mar 18, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FAM
shahzaman1984 said:
If possible, don't make payment via card credit and try to finalize your itinerary as soon as possible. Cathay pacific is a good airline; last year quite a few students traveled to Canada through it. They never shared anything concerning about their services or flight delays.
my bro also went canada in this flight and he said its okay ,
He gets sick in all planes , so , he said me its good ,

Hope i dont get sick :p
AND i said the cathay pacific sales agent that book my ticket she sadi that its booked but money , how to give wil tell you after 28th june
she is saying that you can pay the money till august,
so, any suggestion ?

aftaglow

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Mississauga
Booked with Emirates for Toronto from Peshawar to Toronto via Dubai at Rs. 133,000 for 22 August.

But Payment is due till Tuesday.

Mostly Cheap options are via American Airports that is not an option for me.

I would also like to know if there are any cheap flights from Peshawar or Islamabad to Toronto :)

But going through websites of Etihad , Gulf air , Saudi Airlines , Emirates I could not find any economy class ticket below 1 lac in August.

@Rkazi if u are getting anything below 1 lac grab it.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
aftaglow said:
Booked with Emirates for Toronto from Peshawar to Toronto via Dubai at Rs. 133,000 for 22 August.

I would also like to know if there are any cheap flights from Peshawar or Islamabad to Toronto :)

But going through websites of Etihad , Gulf air , Saudi Airlines , Emirates I could not find any economy class ticket below 1 lac in August.

@ Rkazi if u are getting anything below 1 lac grab it.
Check turkish airlines. They are cheapest and well under 100k. Service is okay but not great. A few friends of mine used it when they were going on immigration and initial expense was a major issue since they were going to look for work in Canada. However, the common destination is Toronto from khi, lhr or isb as far as i remember.

Occassionally, etihad is also cheap. Do check it out and it is a very good airline.

RKAZI

Mar 18, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FAM
aftaglow said:

@ Rkazi if u are getting anything below 1 lac grab it.
yeah true , I also dont want to go via american airports, and the one you have selected is awesome :) Emirates .... wow ,, this is the best, via dubai ,,, Wow,,, i saw it but it goes till toronto and i also saw that its stay was i guess more than 5hours in Dubai ,, which i wanted to avoid,
I wished emairates had any flight till vancouver which wouldnt go via america, All flights of emirates mostly are gooing via america,, :(

and true there are no any seats left in good repo planes :p i wanted to go via gulf but gulf wasnt going canada ..... etihad isnt going vancouver,,,
:(

So,limited for vancouver overall,,,
I guess will have to stick with cathay ...

RKAZI

Mar 18, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FAM
fkl said:
Check turkish airlines. They are cheapest and well under 100k. Service is okay but not great. A few friends of mine used it when they were going on immigration and initial expense was a major issue since they were going to look for work in Canada. However, the common destination is Toronto from khi, lhr or isb as far as i remember.

Occassionally, etihad is also cheap. Do check it out and it is a very good airline.
Sir, any info for KHI to vancouver >>>???

I can find only cathay pacific ,,,
Not any other airline :(
emirates is going via America,
and etihad not going vancouver,
Also Gulf had not desitnation khi to vancoouver or even canada, Dont knwo why ,,,

So, any suggestions ???

shahzaman1984

Aug 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
18-02-2013
Med's Request
26-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2013
LANDED..........
Soon
Until last week a few seats were available in Emirates (non-US bound flights) from Karachi to Toronto via dubai. But it will be hell expensive since you will take WestJet/Air Canada connecting flight from Toronto to Vancouver. So for vancouver, Cathay seems to be the best option. Even PIA will be more expensive.

RKAZI

Mar 18, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FAM
shahzaman1984 said:
Until last week a few seats were available in Emirates (non-US bound flights) from Karachi to Toronto via dubai. But it will be hell expensive since you will take WestJet/Air Canada connecting flight from Toronto to Vancouver. So for vancouver, Cathay seems to be the best option. Even PIA will be more expensive.
SO true said ,,,,,

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
RKAZI said:
Sir, any info for KHI to vancouver >>>???

I can find only cathay pacific ,,,
Not any other airline :(
emirates is going via America,
and etihad not going vancouver,
Also Gulf had not desitnation khi to vancoouver or even canada, Dont knwo why ,,,

So, any suggestions ???
The best i had in mind was Turkish, but i checked and so far it only goes to Toronto, not Vancouver.

Like already mentioned, most others i know of, go via Seattle or other US locations which is out of question for most of students.

Are you sure about Etihad? A friend of mine went in march from Lhr to vancouver and i know he didn't have a US visa. As far as i remember, he took Etihad, but i will confirm from him and let you guys know.

RKAZI

Mar 18, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FAM
fkl said:
The best i had in mind was Turkish, but i checked and so far it only goes to Toronto, not Vancouver.

Like already mentioned, most others i know of, go via Seattle or other US locations which is out of question for most of students.

Are you sure about Etihad? A friend of mine went in march from Lhr to vancouver and i know he didn't have a US visa. As far as i remember, he took Etihad, but i will confirm from him and let you guys know.
oh okay thanks
I checked etihad and it wasnt available,

ECE Engr

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
RKAZI said:
Hey thanks for the opinion ,
And PIA is not so bad ,,,, :p Just one suggestion i would give you that use the washroom at the earliest and then try not to go in between or at the end lol :p I myself was going in PIA but its route it frm khi to toronto and I didnt want to go to Toronto , I wanted to go vancouver,

Cathay Pacific is very cheap right now :p
Just 87k From KHI TO VANC and in 3rd sep :p So ,, lets seee,,,,

I wanted someone who has travelled in it ...
Cathay Pacific is a very good airline, many of my friends and relatives travel to Australia and NZ via CP and they all are content with their service and scheldule

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow what a JOKE! Lol @ reporter who did this report. Looks like this reporter deserves Honda CD 70 Bike for his useless archivement.

Do you people know any airline which has ZERO Crash Records ? (Zero in terms of Recent times) ?

1) Qantas
2) AirCanada
3) CATHAY PACIFIC!

Its the pride of Hong Kong! This airlines is of its own class (probably if you fly from HongKong) Everyone knows that every country even Thai Airways flies their OLD A330;s to Pakistan.

So these people were angry cuz Pilot saved their lives by not taking Off ? How about Pilot Flying with " ALLAH kay hawalay, or RAB kay Supurd "/

People needs to get basic sense of responsibility.

JUSt thank them that In this era where SINGAPORE AIRLINES stopped its services to pakistan in 2009. Atleast this world class airlines comes to Karachi. Huh!

Conclusion: I would still say Cathay Pacific, They have the best Crew the best flying experience. And If you dont believe me.. please ask someone who has flew from HongKong to ANYWHERE on Cathay Pacific.