21-06-2015
File Transfer...
22-06-2015
Med's Request
Waiting
Passport Req..
Submitted With Application
Hello all,

I am new here and this is my first thread. I've applied on 5 May, 2015 at Newnham campus on Seneca college and got admission letter from there on 29th of May, 2015 in English course(I didn't apply with IELTS so after English course I'll go for my main study). I applied for study permit (Visa) by paper on 22nd of June. My class joining date was 7th of July at college. Its 26th of August today (more than two months) and still I didn't hear anything from embassy so I've few questions which I want to discuss here:

1-: I hear somewhere that English course start every month so I can join in next available class. Its true or not or any other suggestion?
2-: As my class joining date is passed so my admission is still valid at college?
3-: Will embassy ask for new admission letter from college or they will grant me visa on current admission letter?
4-: As delay happening due to visa office (embassy) so they contact with college and ask for time to processing visa file?
5-: How much time embassy take to study one case/file?( Its more than two months now to my case :( )

If someone else facing similar issues please post here.

Enormously thanks for reading my post and I tremendously thankful and highly appreciate if you answer my questions.

sq96

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
Hello waheed,

I got accepted in Centennial for a Computer Systems Technology diploma, I too had applied without IELTS, (I did have TOEFL, grades 78), And was still asked to do the English program, Before moving towards my main course.

Today is my 8th week of waiting for a reply from the embassy, (I applied in UAE, Pakistani national been living here for the past 17 years). I do not think it has anything to do with being pakistani, Because this is happening with alot of people. some are even getting their visa's after 11-12 weeks of applying.

Waheed Abbass

Jul 7, 2015
Lahore
Visa Office......
Gerry's Visa ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2015
File Transfer...
22-06-2015
Med's Request
Waiting
Passport Req..
sq96 said:
Hello waheed,

I got accepted in Centennial for a Computer Systems Technology diploma, I too had applied without IELTS, (I did have TOEFL, grades 78), And was still asked to do the English program, Before moving towards my main course.

Today is my 8th week of waiting for a reply from the embassy, (I applied in UAE, Pakistani national been living here for the past 17 years). I do not think it has anything to do with being pakistani, Because this is happening with alot of people. some are even getting their visa's after 11-12 weeks of applying.
Hello sq96,

As you are already in UAE from last 17 years so how many years study gab you have?

sq96

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
I only had a study gap of 2 and a half year that was mostly due to waiting time of getting my offical GED Transcript/Diploma fromm U.S.A, Other than that took about 6 months for me to receive my TOEFL transcript's. Not much of a study gap.

attiqueahmad

Aug 29, 2015
AOA,

I would also like to share my experience and problem which I am facing right now. I applied for Study permit on June 1st, 2015, my vfsglobal (track your application) displayed that your application has been forwarded to Canada Visa office, Islamabad on 02/06/2015. It hasn't changed since then. Before I say further I should brief you guys about things I did before applying for study permit. I received admission letter in November, 2014. I was accepted for 1 year business certificate program and 1 year diploma in business accountancy with co-op. Business certificate program starts from 31st August, 2015. Here are things I did:

I went for upfront medical at IOM Islamabad on 14/05/2015.
Submitted study permit application at Gerry's International on 01/06/2015.
Processed passport was forwarded to Canada Visa office, Islamabad on 02/06/2015.
(Normal Processing time for study permit application is 12 weeks.)
Received an email asking for my medical examination with an attachment of IMM1017 on 16/08/2015.[/font][/b]

Now this was the most crucial time that I faced. I was quite confused like did visa office received my medical or not is there any problem with my previous medical assessment report. Those who went to IOM for upfront medical assessment knows that they provide "eMedical" sheet which applicant is supposed to submit along other document when applying for permit, and I did submit that sheet. I emailed IOM, called several times but no response until 25/08/2015. I talked to IOM representative he studied my case understood my stance and told me that we can not go for your health assessment again since our report is valid for 12 months and we cannot take re-medical before that, you need to write to High Commission of Islamabad and you need to provide them specified UMI no. (which he gave to me so that visa officer could check/track my medical) do I wrote to high commission and also in case specified inquiry, I mentioned my application no., UCI no., passport number and etc, I received nothing but an automated reply. So this is the situation my class starts day after tomorrow and I am sitting in Islamabad waiting for my Visa normal processing time is over and I can do nothing. I am so suppose to be in Canada right now but nah waiting and waiting and waiting.

SufyanJawed

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/05/2015
File Transfer...
20/05/2015
Med's Request
waiting
Passport Req..
Submitted with application
I am in the same boat. Applied on May 19th. File transferred May 20th. Applied paper based with no medical. Still waiting for medical call. Have sent them case specific enquiry and got a reply that my application is in process and under review. Called the embassy twice but they keep on saying I should hear back soon. My classes are starting september 4th.

attiqueahmad

Aug 29, 2015
SufyanJawed said:
I am in the same boat. Applied on May 19th. File transferred May 20th. Applied paper based with no medical. Still waiting for medical call. Have sent them case specific enquiry and got a reply that my application is in process and under review. Called the embassy twice but they keep on saying I should hear back soon. My classes are starting september 4th.
Write about this situation to your institute, they might hold your seat for a week or two. Could you please give me contact details so that I could make an inquiry about my case as well?

SufyanJawed

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/05/2015
File Transfer...
20/05/2015
Med's Request
waiting
Passport Req..
Yes I have talked to the college. They are ok to keep my seat but in case i get a rejection i will loose a lot of money on this so in any case I will cancel my admission for september by 7th. I have already applied for january intake as well.

SufyanJawed

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/05/2015
File Transfer...
20/05/2015
Med's Request
waiting
Passport Req..
Here is the contact detail for Canadian high commission

Address, Phone, Fax, Email:

Street address: Diplomatic Enclave, Sector G-5
Islamabad, Pakistan
Postal Address: High Commission of Canada
P. O. Box 1042
Islamabad, Pakistan
Telephone: (011 92 51) 208-6000
Toll free: 0800-00-226
Fax: (011 92 51) 208-6900
email: isbad@international.gc.ca

attiqueahmad

Aug 29, 2015
SufyanJawed said:
Here is the contact detail for Canadian high commission

Address, Phone, Fax, Email:

Street address: Diplomatic Enclave, Sector G-5
Islamabad, Pakistan
Postal Address: High Commission of Canada
P. O. Box 1042
Islamabad, Pakistan
Telephone: (011 92 51) 208-6000
Toll free: 0800-00-226
Fax: (011 92 51) 208-6900
email: isbad @ international.gc.ca
Thank you very much for providing this contact info. Don't worry don't lose hope brother IN SHA ALLAH you'll get a good news my best wishes are with you, even I am planning to defer my intake for January, 2016. It all depends on news fro embassy, if I get VISA within this week I'll go for fall intake but I don't get any news I'll defer my intake for January.

Waheed Abbass

Jul 7, 2015
Lahore
Visa Office......
Gerry's Visa ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2015
File Transfer...
22-06-2015
Med's Request
Waiting
Passport Req..
SufyanJawed said:
Yes I have talked to the college. They are ok to keep my seat but in case i get a rejection i will loose a lot of money on this so in any case I will cancel my admission for september by 7th. I have already applied for january intake as well.
Hello SufyanJawed, In which college you have applied? As you are going to cancel your September session and going to apply for January so you have to pay college fee again or you can continue with old fee and as you talked with college and they will keep your seat on hold for next 2 weeks after starting class, so collage will charge you any additional charges or its free of cost. Thanks

Waheed Abbass

Jul 7, 2015
Lahore
Visa Office......
Gerry's Visa ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2015
File Transfer...
22-06-2015
Med's Request
Waiting
Passport Req..
My class is already started on 7th of July and now its more than month now and I am still waiting for medical call and visa as well so can anyone tell me what my admission is still valid or its expired?

attiqueahmad

Aug 29, 2015
Waheed Abbass said:
My class is already started on 7th of July and now its more than month now and I am still waiting for medical call and visa as well so can anyone tell me what my admission is still valid or its expired?
Ok Waheed I think I can understand your position. See, for this purpose you have to write email to your university/college and ask them about your seat, whether it's still available or not? If it is available then request them to hold it for few more weeks. If they refuse, tell them to defer your intake to next session. However, I am not sure about your institute but most of the institutes do not ask for additional charges (at least my institute didn't ask) I paid my seat deposit in March, 2015 and when I wrote about my situation to international student adviser of my institute and they advised me to take "defer intake" offer but I denied and requested them to hold my seat for two weeks instead of one, considering your current situation I would say you should defer your intake as there will be a lot to catch up since your classes started in June it will be difficult for you to catch up all.

SufyanJawed

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/05/2015
File Transfer...
20/05/2015
Med's Request
waiting
Passport Req..
Waheed Abbass said:
Hello SufyanJawed, In which college you have applied? As you are going to cancel your September session and going to apply for January so you have to pay college fee again or you can continue with old fee and as you talked with college and they will keep your seat on hold for next 2 weeks after starting class, so collage will charge you any additional charges or its free of cost. Thanks
I am going to sait Calgary. The college does it have a defer course policy so I had to apply again. If I don't hear back from embassy by Friday, I will cancel my admission. The reason in case my study permit is not approved I will loose quiet a lot of money. The college is ok if I join later as they will hold my seat.

SufyanJawed

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/05/2015
File Transfer...
20/05/2015
Med's Request
waiting
Passport Req..
attiqueahmad said:
Thank you very much for providing this contact info. Don't worry don't lose hope brother IN SHA ALLAH you'll get a good news my best wishes are with you, even I am planning to defer my intake for January, 2016. It all depends on news fro embassy, if I get VISA within this week I'll go for fall intake but I don't get any news I'll defer my intake for January.
Thanks and all the best wishes for you as well and all the people waiting.