+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani Students || Answers to some Queries after getting VISA !!

Telecommunist

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2013
Med's Request
12-06-2013
Med's Done....
18-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2013
Aoa,

Alhamd i got my Visa.. I had a lot of confusions while applying for Visa, finally today i got it and want to answer some queries which may help new guys !!

Q. Is NOC mandatory for Govt Employees ??

A : No, I didnt attach NOC with my application ,although i showed that i fall under Govt: Employees category and i'm a permanent Employee of Govt of Pakistan.

Q. National Saving Certificates are a valid source of funding?

A: Yes, you can show but do get a letter from ur saving center showing that "your certificates are encashable at any time" .I showed Certificates and Liquid money. So certificates make your statement strong.

Q: 2nd MS in the same Field ... can be a negative point for you?

A: yet waiting to get this answer, one of my friend showed his MS and got medical call.. Hope he will get it soon !!

Regards,
Telecommunist !

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015 (Multiple 4 Years)
LANDED..........
Landed
Dear Telecommunist,

Congrats for visa......Can u please tell me about the detail of your case i.e IELTS score, your previsions degree and now your proposed new degree, visa duration, university name, bank statment etc etc. It will definitely help us especially for telecom students and professionals. Thanks

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed
Dear Telecommunist,

Please reply ur response is still awaited thanks

saadsdk

Sep 13, 2012
SadiqAbad
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
07-07-2013
Med's Request
22-07-2013
Med's Done....
25-07-2013
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-09-2013
LANDED..........
InshaAllah on 24-12-2013
Dear Waqar,
To get admission, most of canadian universities require 6.5 IELTS band but some pakistani university students get exemptions too. you must have more than 70% marks to get admission. and about bank statement, it depends on ur fees, minimum requirement is one year fee + 12000$ but to be on safe side you must show two year fees +10000$

Telecommunist

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2013
Med's Request
12-06-2013
Med's Done....
18-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2013
Dear Waqar,

Sorry for replying late ..

my profile : Degree in telecom with distinction + industry experience 05 years (local + international) , going for Meng @ Concordia, regarding the dates of application/medical/visa pls check spreadsheet :)

have you filed ur application ?

waqar.ahmad150 said:
Dear Telecommunist,

Congrats for visa......Can u please tell me about the detail of your case i.e IELTS score, your previsions degree and now your proposed new degree, visa duration, university name, bank statment etc etc. It will definitely help us especially for telecom students and professionals. Thanks

RKAZI

Mar 18, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FAM
waqar.ahmad150 said:
Dear Telecommunist,

Please reply ur response is still awaited thanks
hey waqar you can find the spreadsheet here :
https://docs.google.com/a/student.muet.edu.pk/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AseQpFHPQ8OgdGpBUXFpWDBtTjIyZlZHYjhfSGNBTUE#gid=0

we have made this spreadsheet for the sep 2013 paksitani students who have applied for the study permit visa...

sherykhann

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
I wish best of luck to all including both who got visa and who are in the process.

Telecomunist has shared some valuable experience. As for as the matter of showing MS is concerned, you need to justify it.I have tried to justify it in my SOP.

getting visa or not depends on many factors of your application.My personal approach is that an applicant should put best of his efforts and leave the results to the AL-MIGHTY ALLAH.

I think VO will mention this point while rejecting my application.In that case I will share my experience with you guys.But I still think that if you give strong and real grounds why you are going for another masters it will suffice.

If any one need guidance regarding this point , I am available.

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed
Dear Telecommunist and RKAZI,

Thank you so much for your valuable response.

Infact i got Canadian visit visa for two years with multiple entries for attend a conference. I have already visited Toronto and Montreal in April 2013.
Inshallah i wil visit again in coming October.

I did Msc telecom from Pakistan and working in telecom operator in Pakistan as transmission engineer. I am interested for taking higher degree from Canada. So i request you both of guys kindly advise me which type of degree is best for taking admission and how much academic IELTS is required???

Your feedback would be highly appreciated.

RKAZI

Mar 18, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FAM
waqar.ahmad150 said:

Infact i got Canadian visit visa for two years with multiple entries for attend a conference. I have already visited Toronto and Montreal in April 2013.

I did Msc telecom from Pakistan and working in telecom operator in Pakistan as transmission engineer. I am interested for taking higher degree from Canada. So i request you both of guys kindly advise me which type of degree is best for taking admission and how much academic IELTS is required???

Hey there
I myself have done B.E in Telecom from Pakistan, You can do PH.D in canada, UVic (University of Victira ) is good and the fees is also reasonable I will say you to google this University and see if your interested and take admission , If you want you can do M.E again from Canada and then apply for job or you can simply go for PH.D :)
IELTS minimum 6.5 in most but better if minimum 7 in all .
And Uni of Calg is also good, uni of alberta ,,,
Try applying in all

Telecommunist

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2013
Med's Request
12-06-2013
Med's Done....
18-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2013
Dear Waqar ,

Pleasure .. !! ,Dear you can go for Phd but for that you have to first contact supervisors , if they allow you can get admission in PhD . Another option is to go for MS. Look most important thing is what do u actually want to achieve, if you are intending to enter into Canadian telecom market , dont go for PhD ... go for MEng it is a fast program and after getting 2 years MS get your 3 years work permit and start working in telecom industry .............. it is open for you.

but if you really want to have PhD .. so go for it ... either by 1st entering into MASC or directly enrolled into PhD. But as far as i know, getting direct enrollment into PhD is bit tough. you must have some international research papers to impress professors.

btw ... your 's profile is similiar to mine. :)

waqar.ahmad150 said:

Telecommunist

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2013
Med's Request
12-06-2013
Med's Done....
18-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2013
Regarding Universities : some universities offer Internetworking and Information Security courses .. it depends upon your interest. With Transmission experience you can also go for optical communications and networking field. University of calgary & Alberta offer some good programs on Wireless Communication. so i would suggest , 1st make up your mind and search programs realted to your experience....

Best of luck .. !!

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed
Dear Telecommunist and RKAZI

Thank you so much for your prompt feedback. I want to take master degree in optical/wireless communication.
I have attended my international conferences and workshop and also presented my concept paper on green telecom. I will check all admission details through website.

Can you both please PM me your email IDs and cell numbers for future correspondance. I shall be very thankful to both of u. Thanks

saadsdk

Sep 13, 2012
SadiqAbad
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
07-07-2013
Med's Request
22-07-2013
Med's Done....
25-07-2013
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-09-2013
LANDED..........
InshaAllah on 24-12-2013
i think you should try for phd and if you find some good supervisor ,he will offer you funding too. try in different universities and find some supervisor (you can do this before officially applying). If you want to do masters then you will have to hide your previous masters degree from university and visa officer because it will create negative effect on your file and they will think that if you already have masters degree then why you are going again, so they can reject your file by saying that not satisfied with your intentions.

Telecommunist

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2013
Med's Request
12-06-2013
Med's Done....
18-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2013
@ Saad ,

You are absolutely correct ,. but the key to success is "SOP" .. it is important how you defend your case !!

saadsdk said:
i think you should try for phd and if you find some good supervisor ,he will offer you funding too. try in different universities and find some supervisor (you can do this before officially applying). If you want to do masters then you will have to hide your previous masters degree from university and visa officer because it will create negative effect on your file and they will think that if you already have masters degree then why you are going again, so they can reject your file by saying that not satisfied with your intentions.

Telecommunist

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2013
Med's Request
12-06-2013
Med's Done....
18-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2013
INBoXed !

waqar.ahmad150 said:
Dear Telecommunist and RKAZI

Thank you so much for your prompt feedback. I want to take master degree in optical/wireless communication.
I have attended my international conferences and workshop and also presented my concept paper on green telecom. I will check all admission details through website.

Can you both please PM me your email IDs and cell numbers for future correspondance. I shall be very thankful to both of u. Thanks