+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani LGBT Guy Seeking Asylum

Wholahay

Jun 6, 2018
Hello all. I am a 28-year-old gay man living in Pakistan. I've been researching Canadian asylum/refugee status for a while now and now that I finally saved enough money to start, I want to begin the process. What I understand is that I will have to:

. get legal help for correctly filling out the BOC form, being represented at the hearing, and translating identification documents. Will the Canadian government supply me with a lawyer or will I have to find my own? Should I mention my education (Masters) in order to improve my chances of being selected?

. arrive at a Canadian entrypoint (POE) and ask an officer to begin my claim. He will ask me preliminary questions to qualify me. How does this go? Is it instantly as soon as I enter Canada? Specifically about entering Canada itself, which visa do you suppose is the most appropriate if I plan on claiming asylum? Will a visitors visa be appropriate? I am a Pakistani citizen but the nearest Canadian embassy is in Abu Dhabi in Bangladesh. Can I apply for the Canadian visa in this embassy even if I am not a Bangali national?

. wait for a hearing. In that time, I will prepare documents and forms. What is my status in this liminal time? Am I supplied housing? I have distant family members who hold tri-citizenship in Canada, can I live with them during this process? I have several documents (medical forms from being attacked and sexually assaulted because of my sexuality, verbal threats from my mother and brother, letters from my former lovers and current boyfriend), do I present those with the BOC or take those to the hearing?

If you have any answers or experience that can help me, that will be an amazing help. My boyfriend lives in the US and is helping me throughout this process. Thank you again.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012