+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani - Got TRV once in USA - Didnt go - Now new TRV Application from PAK

umarnisar

May 1, 2013
Hello Everyone !

I was in United States from January - May 2013 on a J1 visa .. As i was there I applied for a TRV to Canada so that I can go there for my Spring Break as i have my cousin there.
I got the Visa but not on time so I couldn't go to Canada then. My visa is valid till October 2013.
Now I have to go to Canada in December 2013. I have to apply for a new TRV. As my BBA will be completed in November so I can enjoy my vacations :)

Apart from that, Last week i just applied for a US 5 years B1/B2 and within 5 days i got my passport having the 5 years visa till 2018, As i have been to the States plus i have my social security number too (I am a pakistani National).

Now the Real Question, What are my odds of getting a Canadian Visa from Pakistan?

Plus, I have to submit the fee (7125 PKR) in Standard Chartered and take the filled forms and necessary documents with me to the VISA APPLICATION CENTER in Islamabad, Right?

Kindly help me :)

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Apparently, you might have good chance at getting trv approved considering your otherwise travel history.

However, you really need to cover up that last unused visa i.e. in my opinion, write a letter clearly stating why you were not able to utilize it the last time. Since visa was issued late, make sure you have enough time to allow for visa processing (current timeline in pakistan is 79 days for trv) this time and mention that too in the letter.

Yes you have to pay fee at SCB, and submit the original green slip to VAC along with the rest of your docs while you would keep the yellow one with yourself.

The other option for you is, that you can apply online i.e. submit your entire application electronically. You would need to pay via credit card but online application processing generally is faster because it skims the time frame added due to embassy employees scanning your paper application and uploading in your file. Moreover, in paper application a lot of original docs would be required where as in online app, you would only submit scanned copies of every thing and would only be asked to submit original passport later via post, if your case is approved otherwise.

umarnisar

May 1, 2013
Thanks a lot. Yes i know I have to justify the Unused visa ..

So should i write a LETTER OF EXPLANATION or something like that?

Because the New york office was too slow and they took a lot of time in sending the passport back to me.

Plus, I have already been the victim of the online thingy and I wanna try the paper application this time. As I have enough time.

Thanks again :)

umarnisar

May 1, 2013
Anyways, if I am applying online can I use anyone's credit card to pay the fee?
Does it matter if the credit card is not in my name?

And it's still the same way as in apply through cic.gc.ca and if they send me a passport request letter ill send my passport. That's it right?

Saf_khan

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Skipped
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
umarnisar said:
Anyways, if I am applying online can I use anyone's credit card to pay the fee?
Does it matter if the credit card is not in my name?

And it's still the same way as in apply through cic.gc.ca and if they send me a passport request letter ill send my passport. That's it right?
Actually there is no problem you can use any credit card but it will be good idea if you use your own.
yes, you've to all on the website online application. fill all the forms and you'll have check list where you will have tab to upload the relevant docment. Once you upload all the required document you would be able to submit your application.

in case Embassy require any clarification or request they will reopen some tabs with the required document and you've to submit those online. once your applicaiton is approved, embassy will send you online document which you've to attach with the originals passport and send thru courier.

hope this info is useful for you.

umarnisar

May 1, 2013
Oh yes. Thanks a lot. Yes I know the drill. I've already applied for one back in the states and got my visa but couldn't go because I got it late.

Anyways thanks a lot :)

Saf_khan

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Skipped
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
umarnisar said:
Oh yes. Thanks a lot. Yes I know the drill. I've already applied for one back in the states and got my visa but couldn't go because I got it late.

Anyways thanks a lot :)
you're most welcome.

umarnisar

May 1, 2013
One last question.

Do I have to write the UCI no. ??
Because the last time I applied they gave me a UCI NO.
But I've read somewhere that a UCI is an 8 digit number in the format of XXXX-XXXX
But my UCI number is just an 8 digit number I.e. XXXXXXXX

Is it fine?

Saf_khan

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Skipped
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
umarnisar said:
One last question.

Do I have to write the UCI no. ??
Because the last time I applied they gave me a UCI NO.
But I've read somewhere that a UCI is an 8 digit number in the format of XXXX-XXXX
But my UCI number is just an 8 digit number I.e. XXXXXXXX

Is it fine?
Yes, i think you must write UCI no.

Anthony2013

Aug 22, 2013
When did u apply for the trv visa... I did the same, have my brothers wedding on aug 30th...i applied through VAC not online (on july 24th) . I still havnt got s response. How long did ur take.?

Saf_khan

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Skipped
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
you've to visit www.cic.gc.ca and you can apply online.
its very simple and easy to apply.

Anthony2013 said:
When did u apply for the trv visa... I did the same, have my brothers wedding on aug 30th...i applied through VAC not online (on july 24th) . I still havnt got s response. How long did ur take.?

kingwil

Jul 2, 2011
To apply online....i have a few question.

I complete all forms online an validate - Print to add signature ? Then i scanned to upload for online processing ?

For those who completed the online process - When uploading documents please explain this.
For example, i upload all the forms, how would i upload for examply, job lette,bank statements ?

I have have enough tabs to upload each document separate ? Or best to scanned all as single PDF file.

Since i have TRV in older passports, should i make scanned copies of that ? As new passport may not show history of travelling to Canada....

Thanks guys.

Saf_khan

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Skipped
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
kingwil said:

I complete all forms online an validate - Print to add signature ? Then i scanned to upload for online processing ?

For those who completed the online process - When uploading documents please explain this.
For example, i upload all the forms, how would i upload for examply, job lette,bank statements ?

I have have enough tabs to upload each document separate ? Or best to scanned all as single PDF file.

Since i have TRV in older passports, should i make scanned copies of that ? As new passport may not show history of travelling to Canada....

Thanks guys.
Yes, you will be getting all the tabs seperately. Refer to below sample for your ref. i don't know how to upload an image tried but didn't get. Anyway, yes you will have seperate upload link based on your check list. in addition, you will have two more links for supporting documents and whatever you want to upload as supporting document you can use and upload under that tabs. Hope this will be helpful.

Fullmoon

Aug 13, 2013
Lahore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kingwil said:

Thanks guys.
Guyz,

Please confirm do we need to print any forms after being validated for signature ?
I assume thats a digital signature, and we don't need to print after validation ?

There is a difference between digital bar code PDF uploading and scanned page uploading ?