+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani birth certificate from the 1980s - do i need a new (NADRA) one?

rabzodemorayh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all,

I have my original (Karachi Metropolitan Corporation) birth certificate from 1984. The heading of the document is "Extract of Entries of City Register of Births in the Municipal Limits of Karachi". It has my correctly spelled name, date of birth, parents' correct names, grandfather's name, etc. It has the KMC In-charge's signature and stamp, plus the logo on the top.

Is it fine if I submit this with my application instead of a NADRA one?

Thanks a million for your responses!

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
rabzodemorayh said:
Dear all,

I have my original (Karachi Metropolitan Corporation) birth certificate from 1984. The heading of the document is "Extract of Entries of City Register of Births in the Municipal Limits of Karachi". It has my correctly spelled name, date of birth, parents' correct names, grandfather's name, etc. It has the KMC In-charge's signature and stamp, plus the logo on the top.

You don't need to submit birth certificate for eAPR. This is only required for children, whic I'd not your case as you're born in 84.

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rabzodemorayh said:
Dear all,

Did you say in your application that you relatives in Canada? If 'yes', then you might be needing a family registration form or your Form B which shows the relationship between your relative and yourself. This might be the only reason when you need to upload this document. Otherwise there is no need.

mpjaved

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SINP EE submitted on May 18th
Doc's Request.
9th June, submitted on 13th Jun, 2016
Nomination.....
Nominated 22nd July
I will suggest you get the NADRA birth certificate, it is so easy and in 10 min you will get that,(submit your SSC certificate copy or CNIC) the advantage is that it is computerized and easy to verify. in my case submitted NADRA one

rabzodemorayh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i do have a family registration certificate that shows my father in my FRC, and he has one with his sister (my aunt, who has canadian PR) so hopefully the birth certificate is not needed.

i have another question - i have a bank account in the US, where i used to live ages ago...then i left, but i maintained that account...the address on it is my uncle's address...i don't live there but i have online access to my account and use my card frequently...so now how do i show my proof of funds?

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
rabzodemorayh said:
i do have a family registration certificate that shows my father in my FRC, and he has one with his sister (my aunt, who has canadian PR) so hopefully the birth certificate is not needed.

i have another question - i have a bank account in the US, where i used to live ages ago...then i left, but i maintained that account...the address on it is my uncle's address...i don't live there but i have online access to my account and use my card frequently...so now how do i show my proof of funds?
If the account in the US is in your name then yes you can.

Screenager

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rabzodemorayh said:
Dear all,

This is what the principal applicant in our case has. I guess Birth Certificates were called "Extract of Entries of City Register of Births in the Municipal Limits of XXX" in the eighties. So we submitted this same document, (spousal Sponsorship)

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
I will suggest you get the NADRA birth certificate, it is so easy and in 10 min you will get that,(submit your SSC certificate copy or CNIC) the advantage is that it is computerized and easy to verify. in my case submitted NADRA one
Dear mpjaved: I do not have any birth registration or certificate at all. Can I apply for NADRA birth certificate by simply producing the SSC certificate copy? Secondly, should I go to the union council where I presently live or any union council in my district will do? Thanks.