May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
ciscoccie said:
are the tickets expensive now from KHI to Toronto ? I dont see saudi airline in skyscanner . Is it wise to book ticket 1 month before or we should book before 1 week of landing .

please advise.
ticket agents can help you find the best prices.
Online bookings are generally expensive for Pakistan-Canada tickets most of the time.
(unless you book directly with airline via website on special promotions).

I would recommend Turkish over Emirates/Etihad....Qatar services Montreal via Doha...
If you want non-stop, then travel on PIA.

cknouman

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I almost forgot, December 2nd is the national day of UAE. Sometimes Etihad and Emirates have some crazy deals and discounts to celebrate the occasion. So watch out for that

afshinsajid

Oct 11, 2010
PAKISTAN
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asalamalykom

how is every one I came to Canada about 2 month b4 landing procedure was preety good let me tell u a things that do bring some of the jackets from light house
if not u b in trouble man also water proof is must please bring some of tie for u cause u have to dress properly when u go for interview for any single job....
daalien bhout expensive hain kuch pakaney k liyeh rice b leleina bhout expensive hain socks and coat and jeans lazmi shoes dress ka aik pair lazmi leleina jo b ai aur everyday milk pwder k dou teen packet lazmi daal leina apney laguage mei asani hojaeigi shoro mei (agar Toronto araha hai koi contact me I will help him out the best I can yaara mujhey 2 ya teen kg ka samaan b manghvana hai aur haan Calgary mei receation chal raha hai please don't waste ur time to go there Now please
kuch garam mislay aur haan shaan ya national k masley lelo kuch apney liyeh cause idhar 3.99 dollar ka aik packet hai bada vala peesa dhania kali mich garam masala lal mirch pissi huee aur jo b use kartey hooooo lelooooo baki jis ko b kuch pochana ho I am here to help mei federal b ka rehney vala houn aur Canada 8 oct 2015 ko aya houn aur haaan agar time ho tou don't waste ur precious time I wil guide u meiney Winnipeg likha tha destination mei par me land in Toronto dont waste ur time to stay at ur relative becoz u will know that thing better when u will stay if any problem and want to know anything do PM me take care and best of luck
Allah hafiz

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how much money can one carry in cash from Karachi to toronto ? I believe karachi airport has a restriction of 5K USD which means around 6860 CAD and the rest has to be carried through demand draft. I have a euro account in HBL karachi , can i make a demand draft from that account ? what are other alternates.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
ciscoccie said:
how much money can one carry in cash from Karachi to toronto ? I believe karachi airport has a restriction of 5K USD which means around 6860 CAD and the rest has to be carried through demand draft. I have a euro account in HBL karachi , can i make a demand draft from that account ? what are other alternates.
I've heard about people taking demand draft (not sure which banks, could be SCB, or others like HSBC). Check with banks locally.
Take the cash limit which you can, and you can also take a bank statement with you as well which shows funds.
If any issue about funds with immigration in Canada, just say there is limit to carry cash outside of Pakistan and that you'll transfer funds electronically through bank once u get Canadian account open. It should not be an issue.

I personally believe that immigrants should be exempt from this limit in Pakistani airports. It's stupid to limit it to 5k USD only.

qureishi

Dec 9, 2011
@ afshinsajid

Hows going your job search in Toronto ? Any other advice for new comers.Hows the house rents there ? Is it easy to find a good house for rent ?

I really enjoyed reading your Urdu in English ;)

Thanks again

Reg.
Q.

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canvis2006 said:
I've heard about people taking demand draft (not sure which banks, could be SCB, or others like HSBC). Check with banks locally.
Take the cash limit which you can, and you can also take a bank statement with you as well which shows funds.
If any issue about funds with immigration in Canada, just say there is limit to carry cash outside of Pakistan and that you'll transfer funds electronically through bank once u get Canadian account open. It should not be an issue.

I personally believe that immigrants should be exempt from this limit in Pakistani airports. It's stupid to limit it to 5k USD only.

are you sure i can carry 5K USD in cash and the rest as bank statmeent and not as demand draft or traverlers cheque .

i heard demand draft but the banks are saying that we will make demand draft in CAD only if you have a CAD account.

What is the other method ppl are using while doing immigration/landing? also advise which company is doing the demand draft procedure. The company in karachi walstreet is saying that there are a lot of compalains that in Canada the bank draft we are making are not getting encashed due to various reasons so there is a doubt if we make it for you it will work or not.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
then carry traveler cheques if draft is not possible.

uetech

Jul 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2014
Doc's Request.
PER 30-12-2014
AOR Received.
Pics 06-02-2015
File Transfer...
Visa Officer: BWJ
Med's Request
10-06-2015
Med's Done....
29-06-2015 and post 90 days X-Ray on 30-09-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2015, Passport submitted on 29-10-2015 and received back on 13-11-2015
LANDED..........
soon, in'sha'Allah
ciscoccie said:
are you sure i can carry 5K USD in cash and the rest as bank statmeent and not as demand draft or traverlers cheque .

i heard demand draft but the banks are saying that we will make demand draft in CAD only if you have a CAD account.

What is the other method ppl are using while doing immigration/landing? also advise which company is doing the demand draft procedure. The company in karachi walstreet is saying that there are a lot of compalains that in Canada the bank draft we are making are not getting encashed due to various reasons so there is a doubt if we make it for you it will work or not.
Several companies in Islamabad are making these demand draft in your name, in CAD. They will need your visa and passport copy, and make the draft in 1-2 days. One, for sure, is dollareast. Another one is AA exchange, and also some money changers (eg. Euro exchange) in Saddar Rawalpindi are also doing it and offering better rates as well.

uetech

Jul 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2014
Doc's Request.
PER 30-12-2014
AOR Received.
Pics 06-02-2015
File Transfer...
Visa Officer: BWJ
Med's Request
10-06-2015
Med's Done....
29-06-2015 and post 90 days X-Ray on 30-09-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2015, Passport submitted on 29-10-2015 and received back on 13-11-2015
LANDED..........
soon, in'sha'Allah
ciscoccie said:

Oh, btw, carrying a bank statement is very risky. You must have the least amount specified for the number of people with you, in cash, demand draft in your name, or travellers cheques with you when you land. They may/may not allow you entry on a bank statement. Remember, if someone was able to go through using a bank statement, he might have been a lucky one, you may not be!

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
My wife will land in Toronto in second week of March this year. I am just wondering, how long (approx.) would it take to receive her Permanent Resident Card in the mail? Just based on some of the experiences from other members, do you think she will receive it before Mid of July 2016? Please advise! Thanks !

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
I am landing on Feb 6 at 8 am at Toronto :)

uetech said:
We are also planning to land in the start of February, probably Toronto. Lets keep in touch.
Anyone else who is planning to land in February?

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
edmonton1985 said:
My wife will land in Toronto in second week of March this year. I am just wondering, how long (approx.) would it take to receive her Permanent Resident Card in the mail? Just based on some of the experiences from other members, do you think she will receive it before Mid of July 2016? Please advise! Thanks !
processing times are available on CIC website, check it.
it's about roughly 3 months or so to receive the pr cards these days