Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Snow shoes can be easily bought in Canada, on good sale prices.
No need to bring from Pakistan.....Pakistani-made shoes will not last in Canadian winter.
You must get the Made in Canada winter shoes here to deal with cold snow/ice/slush/water

Winter jackets are also easily available, good/decent ones here also cost between $80-$200......they last few years at least if used properly.
Remember, they're only worn outside. Once you're inside any building/residency there is no need to keep wearing it as everything is centrally heated here in Winter. Inside homes/apartments/offices, you're good in normal clothing

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
khanbravo said:
Thank you cknouman for your guidance.
Coz here snowboots and leather jackets good quality are too much expensive.. one for 15k rupees... or minimum 10k rupees.
Should we bring dinner set and big patela for family of 5-6?
If you will live in apartment, the electric stoves are the ones used. Make sure anything you bring is FLAT from bottom, specially tava (for cooking roti) or fry pan, karahi, etc.

Dinner sets here in Canada are only for 4-person family, so you can bring good one from Pakistan for large family. Pots for cooking (such as silver-steel for making rice, etc) should be bought from Pakistan, as the silver-steel mix pots are not available here, and the pots here become black quickly. cooking pots for our foods are better from Pak.

However, if you will live in house, and it has gas stove, then it's same as Pakistan, does not require FLAT surface pots.

You can google and check out how apartments/houses are in Canada.

Winter-wear is best bought from Canada, other than leather jackets. If you like leather jackets bring those from Pak as good ones here are easily over $400 in stores (with plain design!!)

Get your transcripts/degrees attested and bring those with you for whole family, so that you can save on hassle of equivalencies and etc later on.
Many jobs ask to see/check your qualifications so bring it all. Don't leave anything there

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canvis2006 said:
If you will live in apartment, the electric stoves are the ones used. Make sure anything you bring is FLAT from bottom, specially tava (for cooking roti) or fry pan, karahi, etc.

Dinner sets here in Canada are only for 4-person family, so you can bring good one from Pakistan for large family. Pots for cooking (such as silver-steel for making rice, etc) should be bought from Pakistan, as the silver-steel mix pots are not available here, and the pots here become black quickly. cooking pots for our foods are better from Pak.

However, if you will live in house, and it has gas stove, then it's same as Pakistan, does not require FLAT surface pots.

You can google and check out how apartments/houses are in Canada.

Winter-wear is best bought from Canada, other than leather jackets. If you like leather jackets bring those from Pak as good ones here are easily over $400 in stores (with plain design!!)

Get your transcripts/degrees attested and bring those with you for whole family, so that you can save on hassle of equivalencies and etc later on.
Many jobs ask to see/check your qualifications so bring it all. Don't leave anything there
someone told me to bring cookery from pakistan as its very expensive in canada epscially the ones made of steel/metal. this includes spoon , my concern is that cookery is going to be heavy do you really think we should bring it all from karachi ? are they that expensive . any online store of canada where i can check prices of cookery ??

khanbravo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
ciscoccie said:
someone told me to bring cookery from pakistan as its very expensive in canada epscially the ones made of steel/metal. this includes spoon , my concern is that cookery is going to be heavy do you really think we should bring it all from karachi ? are they that expensive . any online store of canada where i can check prices of cookery ??
I don't think so for a people of 2..u need to buy even spoons or forks from pak. But yes.. a BIG yes for "patela"

I'm thinking to import/export "patela" business in canada ;D ;D alot of demands and supply zero ! ;D

khanbravo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
canvis2006 said:
Snow shoes can be easily bought in Canada, on good sale prices.
No need to bring from Pakistan.....Pakistani-made shoes will not last in Canadian winter.
You must get the Made in Canada winter shoes here to deal with cold snow/ice/slush/water

Winter jackets are also easily available, good/decent ones here also cost between $80-$200......they last few years at least if used properly.
Remember, they're only worn outside. Once you're inside any building/residency there is no need to keep wearing it as everything is centrally heated here in Winter. Inside homes/apartments/offices, you're good in normal clothing
thank you canvis. But $80-$200 :eek: :eek: no way... i won't spend on jackets... if i'm getting it atleast the same quality from here(pak) in $40 and for a people of 4 buying it frm canada .. like ??? ???
yeah, will definitely buy one or two leather jackets from pak.. i hav seen alot of varieties here though expensive but less expensive than canada.

a big YESSSSS ..for snowboots buying frm canada... as i failed to find that kind of quality from pak.. well... still searching for that kind of snowboots which my bro shared wd me... ::)

uetech

Jul 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2014
Doc's Request.
PER 30-12-2014
AOR Received.
Pics 06-02-2015
File Transfer...
Visa Officer: BWJ
Med's Request
10-06-2015
Med's Done....
29-06-2015 and post 90 days X-Ray on 30-09-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2015, Passport submitted on 29-10-2015 and received back on 13-11-2015
LANDED..........
soon, in'sha'Allah
khanbravo said:
We are landing in start of feb, Insha Allah. I went through panorama shopping mall in saddar,the leather market. the shopkeeper guided me right, he said that its actually fur which saves u from extreme winter. leather jackets price depends on quality, there are 3500 , 5500, 7000 or even 11000 leather jackets. and the fur if fully sewed under jacket and sleeves cost 3000 rupees. so without bargaining if one select 5500 jacket n sewed fur 3000 then total cost of good leather winter protection jacket would be 8k. after bargaining i believe it'll be reduce to atleast 6k.
I'll touch the light market today... see the price difference in used and new ones...
Tell me, is it worth spending 6k jacket here with fully sewed fur inside leather jacket? And should we buy 2 for each person or is it enough to buy one for each now?
We are also planning to land in the start of February, probably Toronto. Lets keep in touch.
Anyone else who is planning to land in February?

saleem7821

Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2013
Nomination.....
PER Received :16-12-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
10-01-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 Remedical Assessment Request : 26-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-07-2014 Remedical done : 17-09-2015
Passport Req..
PPR1 : 28-Oct-2014 , PPR2 : 26-Oct-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-Oct-2015
LANDED..........
InshahAllah May 2016 Welcome Edmonton
uetech said:
We are also planning to land in the start of February, probably Toronto. Lets keep in touch.
Anyone else who is planning to land in February?
AOA , I am thinking to land in march 2016 InshahAllah . will fly from Lahore . please keep in touch buddy. stay blessed

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
khanbravo said:
I don't think so for a people of 2..u need to buy even spoons or forks from pak. But yes.. a BIG yes for "patela"

I'm thinking to import/export "patela" business in canada ;D ;D alot of demands and supply zero ! ;D
Only the silver-steel mix pots are not available here.
Rest are easily available including steel, as well as stainless.

Check stores like Walmart.ca or Canadiantire.ca online and you can easily find a good set.

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canvis2006 said:

Check stores like Walmart.ca or Canadiantire.ca online and you can easily find a good set.
http://www.walmart.ca/search/*pot/N-631

khanbravo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
canvis2006 said:

Jazaak Allah canvis :)

saleem7821

Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2013
Nomination.....
PER Received :16-12-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
10-01-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 Remedical Assessment Request : 26-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-07-2014 Remedical done : 17-09-2015
Passport Req..
PPR1 : 28-Oct-2014 , PPR2 : 26-Oct-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-Oct-2015
LANDED..........
InshahAllah May 2016 Welcome Edmonton

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
are the tickets expensive now from KHI to Toronto ? I dont see saudi airline in skyscanner . Is it wise to book ticket 1 month before or we should book before 1 week of landing .

please advise.

cknouman

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ciscoccie said:
are the tickets expensive now from KHI to Toronto ? I dont see saudi airline in skyscanner . Is it wise to book ticket 1 month before or we should book before 1 week of landing .

please advise.
Don't know the current prices but it is wise to book as much in advance as possible. Sooner is always better.