&&&---PAKISTANI APPLICANTS LANDING IN 2015---&&&

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
enigma304 said:
If you are landing in Alberta, please keep one thing in mind that the jackets available in Pakistan do not with stand the cold weather of Canada. They are good upto -10 deg C but below that they usually do not provide enough protection. If you are able to find good jackets please let me know the place also.
I forgot to add, I will be landing in Toronto .

khanbravo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
enigma304 said:
If you are landing in Alberta, please keep one thing in mind that the jackets available in Pakistan do not with stand the cold weather of Canada. They are good upto -10 deg C but below that they usually do not provide enough protection. If you are able to find good jackets please let me know the place also.
@enigma
hmm.. so why should i buy expensive new leather jackets... i'll go for used leather jackets in a good condition from light house saddar coz if it is the case as u mentioned..its useless for me to spend my money on new items here(in pak).. what u say?

enigma304

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO (RIH)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-7-2014
Nomination.....
31-10-2014
Med's Request
29-6-2015
Med's Done....
27-7-2015
Interview........
3-6-2015
Passport Req..
9-9-2015 submit: 1-10-15 rec: 13-10-15
LANDED..........
April 2016 InshaAllah
khanbravo said:
@enigma
hmm.. so why should i buy expensive new leather jackets... i'll go for used leather jackets in a good condition from light house saddar coz if it is the case as u mentioned..its useless for me to spend my money on new items here(in pak).. what u say?
My relatives have taken some jackets from light house along with thermals. They say that they are useless and they have to buy new jackets from there. If you land in march you can get very good rates of winter wear in canada from sale. My relatives have told me not to buy winter wear from pakistan. As far as leather jackets are concern they are really expensive in canada so if u get some good stuff take it.

khanbravo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
enigma304 said:
My relatives have taken some jackets from light house along with thermals. They say that they are useless and they have to buy new jackets from there. If you land in march you can get very good rates of winter wear in canada from sale. My relatives have told me not to buy winter wear from pakistan. As far as leather jackets are concern they are really expensive in canada so if u get some good stuff take it.
We are landing in start of feb, Insha Allah. I went through panorama shopping mall in saddar,the leather market. the shopkeeper guided me right, he said that its actually fur which saves u from extreme winter. leather jackets price depends on quality, there are 3500 , 5500, 7000 or even 11000 leather jackets. and the fur if fully sewed under jacket and sleeves cost 3000 rupees. so without bargaining if one select 5500 jacket n sewed fur 3000 then total cost of good leather winter protection jacket would be 8k. after bargaining i believe it'll be reduce to atleast 6k.
I'll touch the light market today... see the price difference in used and new ones...
Tell me, is it worth spending 6k jacket here with fully sewed fur inside leather jacket? And should we buy 2 for each person or is it enough to buy one for each now?

khurrambhatti

Star Member
May 31, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
File Transfer...
10-02-2015
Med's Request
18-08-2015
Med's Done....
01-09-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2015
LANDED..........
01-05-2016
khanbravo said:
We are landing in start of feb, Insha Allah. I went through panorama shopping mall in saddar,the leather market. the shopkeeper guided me right, he said that its actually fur which saves u from extreme winter. leather jackets price depends on quality, there are 3500 , 5500, 7000 or even 11000 leather jackets. and the fur if fully sewed under jacket and sleeves cost 3000 rupees. so without bargaining if one select 5500 jacket n sewed fur 3000 then total cost of good leather winter protection jacket would be 8k. after bargaining i believe it'll be reduce to atleast 6k.
I'll touch the light market today... see the price difference in used and new ones...
Tell me, is it worth spending 6k jacket here with fully sewed fur inside leather jacket? And should we buy 2 for each person or is it enough to buy one for each now?
Good info Khan.

I heard about Usmani Garments in panorama shopping mall and also in Lunda bazar

khanbravo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
khurrambhatti said:
Good info Khan.

I heard about Usmani Garments in panorama shopping mall and also in Lunda bazar
Thanks.. :)

prices quoted above from Milano Baggages panorama shopping mall (Milano..naam ka Italian :p)

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how do you carry funds from karachi to torronto ? I will need 14,853 ( for 2 ppl ) , i think 5 thousand CAD per person one can carry in cash and the rest has to be demand draft from dollar east company. Am i right ? or is there other company who is better in demand draft ?

khanbravo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
ciscoccie said:
how do you carry funds from karachi to torronto ? I will need 14,853 ( for 2 ppl ) , i think 5 thousand CAD per person one can carry in cash and the rest has to be demand draft from dollar east company. Am i right ? or is there other company who is better in demand draft ?
Thank to Family Class, we are exempted from POF.
Alhamdulillah :)

islamabad786

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
March 2015
you can carry upto 10,000 US dollars per person as per Pakistan law. 5000 US dollar limit was announced by Minister but never notified by FBR so the limit is still 10,000. As a new immigrant, you can carry as much funds you have to Canada in the form of hard cash and DD as long as you declare them at the Canadian airport.
ciscoccie said:

khanbravo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
khanbravo said:
Ok, so i visited lighthouse yesterday n here are my findings :

1- dont us leather jackets in extreme weather(-5 or -10) instead use parkas and light weight jackets in which feathers filled. try to get hoodies one.
2- parkas n lightweight jackets price range from 2500-3000 rupees and quality is acceptable.
3- im still searching snowboots...

Do let me know your experiences in this regard,if any.

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khanbravo said:
Ok, so i visited lighthouse yesterday n here are my findings :

1- dont us leather jackets in extreme weather(-5 or -10) instead use parkas and light weight jackets in which feathers filled. try to get hoodies one.
2- parkas n lightweight jackets price range from 2500-3000 rupees and quality is acceptable.
3- im still searching snowboots...

Do let me know your experiences in this regard,if any.
how do you compare the following with the ones you checked in market ?

https://www.daraz.pk/mens-jackets/

vdevil786

Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2014
Hi All,
I am landing on Dec3 2015, Torontto IA.

khanbravo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
ciscoccie said:
how do you compare the following with the ones you checked in market ?

https://www.daraz.pk/mens-jackets/
:) ciscoccie , sir kindly name bta dain.. ye ajeeb lg rha hai.. Masha Allah ccie .. our senior 8)

darazpk jackets are useless in -5 and -10,... even in -2 temperature. Don't buy any leather jacket in extreme weather... if one is willing to buy it then go to panorama and and buy 5k-10k good quality leather jackets filled with furs completely..but that would b totally waste of money.

I'll buy parkas light weight jackets from "Brands4you" by Patel Garments in lighthouse... variety of jackets in reasonable price and keep u warm even in -5 n -10 extreme weathers. I'll get overcoats also for moderate temperature of -1 or 1 .

I bought thermo suit from lootlo.pk , good quality fabric and cost 999 rupees.. but will buy more for my family from lighthouse if i get the desired stuff.

KLM airlines increases its flight fares... jump from AED 4830 to 5370 ??? ??? ???

khanbravo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
chk this
https://www.canada-goose.com/

you'll get the idea of jackets in extreme weather...

I'm still searching snowboots... :-\ :-\