VISA ISSUED...
6th feb 2015
LANDED..........
insha Allah , soon
congrats bro
u r nice so u deserve best
did u apply prior to landing?

canadamylove said:
Alhamdulillah thanks All Mighty Allah, All parises to HIM only which only HE deserves and by grace of prayers of my parents

proudly announcing.........

I have successfully secured a Job on May 6th 2015, with the largest company of whole north America in energy and gas sector.......Just Energy.

that also less than one month of my landing!

again thanks to Allah and HIS Blessings......many many Praises to the LORD of lords......The ALl Powerful and Most Merciful!

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
canadamylove said:
Alhamdulillah thanks All Mighty Allah, All parises to HIM only which only HE deserves and by grace of prayers of my parents

I have successfully secured a Job on May 6th 2015, with the largest company of whole north America in energy and gas sector.......Just Energy.

again thanks to Allah and HIS Blessings......many many Praises to the LORD of lords......The ALl Powerful and Most Merciful!
good luck.......BTW i hope it's not a door to door or telephone sales job (telemarketing) based on commission type job. If it is, hope you can survive. Those telemarketing jobs are a dime a dozen, nobody wants to do it.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
maha shahzad said:
Aoa forumite....,

i hope all r doing well.
this thread seems to be inactive ,
I have a query, how to carry dinner set to canada??? My sis is insisting to bring it to canada, but i fear it will get broken......
She is insisting because here, dinner sets are tailored to 4-pieces of each: like, 4 plates, 4 small plates, 4 cups, and 4 piyalis(small bowls), does not include more or anything else. Plus no piyalay for salan, etc.
Dinner sets in Pak are more tailored for larger families (like 6 or more), include more items and have more designs, etc. The ones available here are poor color or design (non-existant). You can google stores like walmart that sell these and see how it looks.

I know its heavy and all but a lot of people have brought dinner sets from Pakistan, and are happy with that decision.
Either you can wrap each piece in kapray or pack the whole box (book as cargo or something, or pack tightly within suitcase with heavy padding).
You'll probably have to pay extra for weight/luggage, etc

SAli_KSA

Jul 30, 2014
Hello Canada My Love,

I am very pleased for you , really very happy after hearing you got a job. If you do not mind please share limited information. such as how much is your average monthly spending in total and in particular for house rent, utility bills etc and how much is earning . I think you guys are a family of 4. Have you now rented your own apartment/house ?

Also share some info about your current job and a comparison to back home job or other places where you have worked?

Have you previously worked on a managerial position, if yes. Did you start in Canada from a bit lower position . Please explain.

Thank you .

canadamylove said:

faisi

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
canadamylove said:

Congrats dear, you got a job. I'm happy for you :D.

How did you get a job, through recruiter? Are you Toronto?

I'll be landing on 13 May, INSHA-ALLAH. Will see you soon :).

Any advice before coming there? Do you have skype/viber/any contact numbers so I can talk to you today or tomorrow?

canadamylove

Oct 21, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3 '14
Doc's Request.
App Rcvd:May 8 '14
Nomination.....
DD:Jul 17 '14
AOR Received.
Line 1:Aug 10 '14
IELTS Request
PER:Aug 18 '14
File Transfer...
Line 2:Oct 16 '14
Med's Request
Dec 10 '14
Med's Done....
Dec 24 '14
Interview........
RPRF:Dec 2 '14
Passport Req..
Jan 6 '15
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 5 '15
LANDED..........
Apr 8 '15
How I secured my 1st job so quickly:

1. firm belief in your self that u can do it.
2. always positive mind, thinking, approach and planning.
3. only and only relying on Allah and sincerely praying to HIM only, no mola ali madad or peer bangash or ghous pak or any other sh-it thing.
4. always and always willing to work hard at any level.
5. praying 5 times daily on time, if u miss any namaz, pray its qaza asap, don't leave it.
6. daily read some Quran...even one ayat......don't say namaz mai hum surah fatiha and surat parhte to hain.....if u give excuse to Allah, He will have bigger excuses for u!
7. always ask your parents to pray for your success.
8. always encourage ur spouse and get encouraged by your spouse too.
9. remember there is no such thing called luck, short cut, etc etc etc.

now to summarize these points, I will tell my story in short and somehow it is linked to these points.

I use to walk up to 15 km per day if needed with wife and kid (I bought stroller for kid). to save money on transport I preferred to walk. still I walk like 5 km every day on avg. initially it was like hell......but firm determination and commitment that yes u can do it cos u have to save bucks. believe u need very strong heart and attitude to do hard work and yes travelling 8km daily with family for 1st 3 weeks requires it!

I was so depressed and heart broken....on the 3rd day.....it was phsycological depression.......I have no one here, no family no relatives no friends........Alhamdulillah my wife is very good person, she encouraged me and supported me and kept my hopes high......there was time when was feeling low and I did same to her...........so having a good partner is most lethal weapon u can possess.

I use to walk 20 mins to go to masjid to pray on time......I pray qaza for all prayers I missed.....there are sunni, shia, wahabi, shafi......everyone praying in one masjid under one imam........so no such sh its here. we have to be open to everyone with neutral mind and openness. again the prayer is for Allah only.........if u get involved in sh its like ghous pak, moula ali, Sarkar etc then don't expect help from Allah.........imagine u r praying to Allah but asking help from his own creation which is dead already.....so u urself is getting into deep sh it!

I daily speak with my parents via Skype or viber or whatever......it gives me mental peace, strong heart and I m not shy of asking them to pray for me..........parents prayers can dodge death for u.......believe me it helps a lot.

be a realistic person, don't waste time after getting here by visiting here and there and taking useless selfies.......get ur self registered in employment agencies and recruiters......they are all free and govt funded.........I also did same and by chance I got to attend largest job fair of whole Ontario......there I met reps of companies.........170 companies attended it.........I met with them all in person.......I took 50 copies of my resume........I applied in every company........even I applied in police and armed forces and even in pest control companies............I m have worked on managerial positions in Pakistan but here u need to get any chance to let ur self enter into market via any means.........if u get into it then u can build network and switch careers......so never feel shy of applying to anything......u never know which can be ur chance to a better future.

always be ready mentally to switch ur career.........believe here are so many opportunities but careers can be different........so be ready to work any where and on any position.

I have worked as IT consultant and Project Manager........but here I m starting my career in energy section that has nothing to do with my BS and MBA...........a totally different career but im willing to give it a chance.........may be it will click for me or at least I get professional experience and will get chances to apply more in other fields.

I m not shy to share that my starting salary is $3250 per month but no other benefits currently offered. now the thing to think is.......I can earn this much easily in starbucks or pizzahut or kfc......or in grocery stores..........but the difference is........in my resume that experience will not make that much of a difference but working for the largest company in energy sector will make difference. but if I would have got call from any one of them I would have started there cos to earn something is better then consuming ur back up.

even though I m starting my career here, b4 attending job fair I have approached all grocery stores and food outlets near my area and submitted my resume there..........even in laundry cleaning........because I want to start my cash flow asap........not just waiting for big companies to call me.........by Allah's help I got my 1st call from this company.

remember no one is born lucky......luck is in your own hands.........hard work always pays off but it must be in right direction. I lost 4 kg and 3 inch waist in less then 30 days after arriving here.

CanadianLov3

Champion Member
Sep 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
11-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with File/Application.
File Transfer...
SLU: 24-08-2015
Med's Request
InshAllah Soon
Interview........
InshAllah Waived
canadamylove said:

3. only and only relying on Allah and sincerely praying to HIM only, no mola ali madad or peer bangash or ghous pak or any other sh-it thing.
5. praying 5 times daily on time, if u miss any namaz, pray its qaza asap, don't leave it.
6. daily read some Quran...even one ayat......don't say namaz mai hum surah fatiha and surat parhte to hain.....if u give excuse to Allah, He will have bigger excuses for u!

now to summarize these points, I will tell my story in short and somehow it is linked to these points.

I use to walk up to 15 km per day if needed with wife and kid (I bought stroller for kid). to save money on transport I preferred to walk. still I walk like 5 km every day on avg. initially it was like hell......but firm determination and commitment that yes u can do it cos u have to save bucks. believe u need very strong heart and attitude to do hard work and yes travelling 8km daily with family for 1st 3 weeks requires it!

I was so depressed and heart broken....on the 3rd day.....it was phsycological depression.......I have no one here, no family no relatives no friends........Alhamdulillah my wife is very good person, she encouraged me and supported me and kept my hopes high......there was time when was feeling low and I did same to her...........so having a good partner is most lethal weapon u can possess.

I use to walk 20 mins to go to masjid to pray on time......I pray qaza for all prayers I missed.....there are sunni, shia, wahabi, shafi......everyone praying in one masjid under one imam........so no such sh its here. we have to be open to everyone with neutral mind and openness. again the prayer is for Allah only.........if u get involved in sh its like ghous pak, moula ali, Sarkar etc then don't expect help from Allah.........imagine u r praying to Allah but asking help from his own creation which is dead already.....so u urself is getting into deep sh it!

I daily speak with my parents via Skype or viber or whatever......it gives me mental peace, strong heart and I m not shy of asking them to pray for me..........parents prayers can dodge death for u.......believe me it helps a lot.

be a realistic person, don't waste time after getting here by visiting here and there and taking useless selfies.......get ur self registered in employment agencies and recruiters......they are all free and govt funded.........I also did same and by chance I got to attend largest job fair of whole Ontario......there I met reps of companies.........170 companies attended it.........I met with them all in person.......I took 50 copies of my resume........I applied in every company........even I applied in police and armed forces and even in pest control companies............I m have worked on managerial positions in Pakistan but here u need to get any chance to let ur self enter into market via any means.........if u get into it then u can build network and switch careers......so never feel shy of applying to anything......u never know which can be ur chance to a better future.

always be ready mentally to switch ur career.........believe here are so many opportunities but careers can be different........so be ready to work any where and on any position.

I have worked as IT consultant and Project Manager........but here I m starting my career in energy section that has nothing to do with my BS and MBA...........a totally different career but im willing to give it a chance.........may be it will click for me or at least I get professional experience and will get chances to apply more in other fields.

I m not shy to share that my starting salary is $3250 per month but no other benefits currently offered. now the thing to think is.......I can earn this much easily in starbucks or pizzahut or kfc......or in grocery stores..........but the difference is........in my resume that experience will not make that much of a difference but working for the largest company in energy sector will make difference. but if I would have got call from any one of them I would have started there cos to earn something is better then consuming ur back up.

even though I m starting my career here, b4 attending job fair I have approached all grocery stores and food outlets near my area and submitted my resume there..........even in laundry cleaning........because I want to start my cash flow asap........not just waiting for big companies to call me.........by Allah's help I got my 1st call from this company.

remember no one is born lucky......luck is in your own hands.........hard work always pays off but it must be in right direction. I lost 4 kg and 3 inch waist in less then 30 days after arriving here.
Superb post filled with so much wealth of info.. thanks buddy +1

Oct 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pk2ca said:
If you are talking about traveling with that money than be sure to review the CBSA rules which will require you to declare amount in excess to 10,000 CAD
Since you already have landed, all the income(local or foreign) you generated after that date is taxable by law, whether you bring that money into Canada or not. Talk to a qualified tax lawyer for your options in managing this.
HI buddy PK2ca

I checked CBSA Website, it only talks about custom duty and fee on items that I am going to bring. I am already covered in that regard as I made a detailed B4a form "Goods to Follow" at the time of my landing in 2013.

Money only is required as per CBSA to be declared. whether taxed or not i think is a matter with Tax laws of Canada.

As far as I know, foreign income of non-resident canadian PR holder is not taxable in Canada. I will know further once i Reach there i guess.

please guide/ share if you have some more information in this regard.

SAli_KSA

Jul 30, 2014
Assalamu Alaikum,

Canada My Love.

Very nice reading update from you. May the Almighty Allah grant you all the success.

Could you just share how much could be your average monthly spending? Please indicate the rent separately and the number of bed rooms in your apartment? Is it much far from your work area? If yes, how much you pay for transportation ? Or have you bought a vehicle?

One more Question , I heard that now they issue PR Card on the arrival time at the air port . Is it correct?

Thank you

canadamylove said:

sqr

Jan 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd may 2014
File Transfer...
14 aug 2014
Med's Request
22 nov 2014
Med's Done....
3rd dec 2014
Passport Req..
7 jan 2015
VISA ISSUED...
6th feb 2015
LANDED..........
insha Allah , soon
[size=10pt][size=10pt]very nice
thx
[/size][/size]

canadamylove said:

pk2ca

Star Member
Sep 27, 2010
rajeshkmotwani said:
HI buddy PK2ca

I checked CBSA Website, it only talks about custom duty and fee on items that I am going to bring. I am already covered in that regard as I made a detailed B4a form "Goods to Follow" at the time of my landing in 2013.

Money only is required as per CBSA to be declared. whether taxed or not i think is a matter with Tax laws of Canada. This is correct and exactly what I have said

As far as I know, foreign income of non-resident canadian PR holder is not taxable in Canada. I will know further once i Reach there i guess. Please double check this statement as my understanding is different. Talk to a tax lawyer on what you should declare on your tax return.

please guide/ share if you have some more information in this regard.

pk2ca

Star Member
Sep 27, 2010
canadamylove said:

Congratulations

canadamylove

Oct 21, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3 '14
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Dec 10 '14
Med's Done....
Dec 24 '14
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan 6 '15
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 5 '15
LANDED..........
Apr 8 '15

canadamylove

Oct 21, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3 '14
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Dec 10 '14
Med's Done....
Dec 24 '14
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan 6 '15
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 5 '15
LANDED..........
Apr 8 '15
SAli_KSA said:
Assalamu Alaikum,

Canada My Love.

Very nice reading update from you. May the Almighty Allah grant you all the success.

Could you just share how much could be your average monthly spending? Please indicate the rent separately and the number of bed rooms in your apartment? Is it much far from your work area? If yes, how much you pay for transportation ? Or have you bought a vehicle?

One more Question , I heard that now they issue PR Card on the arrival time at the air port . Is it correct?

Thank you
wsalam

my monthly expense can be as follows.

1. rent fixed including electric,gas,laundry,internet 750
I have rented out a basement with two rooms of size 14x10 and 12x10. one separate bathroom, one kitchen, separate enterance and dinning area is shared, either u use it or not its on u, but its a common place......at a time other families can be there also.
2. mobile monthly minimum $40 for Wind mobile, u get unlimited calls, text and pic msg Canada wide and 2GB internet @3g speed, after 2GB exhausts u still get internet free but speed is reduced to 256kbps.
3. groceries.......living on budget.......for 2 adults and 1 kid.........$250 - 450. again depends family to family.
4. schooling is free, u have to pay if u enrol ur kid to public or Islamic school........per kid fees is around 500 monthly. public is total free. there is no homework, everything is done in school and then its all play.
5. library system is free, get registration for free.
6. community center activities are paid.......like gym, swimming, etc. per person per month like 250 to 500........depending on what u avail. for kids its 350
7. for house hold stuff like furniture and other things, visit IKEA, Walmart, Canadian Tire and Food Basics websites to get idea of price of things of ur choices.
8. bank account is free for 6 months......no charges..........use the unlimited account.......after six months u can choose which to use and can switch to it freely........visit TD Canada website for details..........its the 2nd largest bank in Canada in terms of money and 1st in terms of branches. its also give free credit card to build ur history but limit is 1000 dollars.
9. mobiles are not cheap......until unless u don't have 4 months of credit history, most of phones from Pakistan wont work. so better sell ur costly phones there b4 coming......like s5, s6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, lg g3, g4 or similar. yes they wont always work here, its a risk........if they wont work they wont even get sold in here.......so u can use them as paper weight. better buy from here. I bot Motorola Moto G 2nd Edition for 250. it was actually free if on credit card but even I bought credit card I wasn't having 4 months of credit history so I was forced to buy it for full price plus I was left for prepaid mobile option..........after I get 4months I can swtich to prepay mobile plan......but mobile u have to buy on full price. also u cant buy it on someone else credit card.........cos if in case of emergency u dial 911, then police will get record of that person and it is crime by law to do so........I mean u can do it but if caught both will get penalties.

its really far from my place. I have to take 2 busses to reach office. one ticket cost $3.5 per person and is valid for 2 hours only. so in evening I again have to take ticket for $3.5

I m planning to buy vehicle but for that I have to get licence first. now here is a long procedure to get license. u can search that on internet. in short u 1st get learner license which is called G2. u cannot drive a car on that licence alone, either with a instructor or another experienced driver. after practicing for sometime u attempt and get G1 license......its sort of full license but u r not allowed to drive on highways and after 12pm in night with more than 3 passengers with some other restrictions. after one year u can apply for full license called G.

so until unless u don't have G1, its useless to buy car.

car cost around $7000 to 12000.........corolla, civic, smaller models from Nissan, Hyundai and ford are all in this price range for second hand cars ranging from 2007 to 2011 depending upon condition.

they issue PR and SIN on arrival at airport at least on Toronto.......other airports I don't know. ur PR card is applied automatically but u get it after 41 business days.

SIN card is no more issued.........instead they issue a print out on A4 size paper which contains ur SIN details. that is issued on the spot.

good luck,